Sportsound Watch

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Can you give an example of something distasteful, that won't render your tantrum entirely disproportionate and ludicrous?

Take your pick of prejudices.

Such sentiment being widespread, shouldn't permit it.

I'd say my tantrum in this case is downright understated.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Take your pick of prejudices.

Such sentiment being widespread, shouldn't permit it.

Except that this is not a prejudice in the same way that, oh, I dunno, fucking racism is. 

A pundit on a radio show being (for a change) clued into the reality of a situation that you personally don't like is not an insult. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Except that this is not a prejudice in the same way that, oh, I dunno, fucking racism is. 

A pundit on a radio show being (for a change) clued into the reality of a situation that you personally don't like is not an insult. 

Your failure to recognise an insult is also insulting.

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

In the rare defence of Preston, Ian McCall was just yesterday stating that Partick's board members were celebrating a Rangers equaliser against them, so that they could land a lucrative replay. 

There's of course a non-zero chance that McCall is being a gobshite, but Loving Cup levels of craven deference exist far too broadly across Scottish football for that view to be seriously insulting. 

I don’t know the answer to this but would there have been a replay? There wouldn’t have been in the previous round and Ayr/ Elgin went to extra time.

Or was McCall’s reference to a previous fixture?

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

I don’t know the answer to this but would there have been a replay? There wouldn’t have been in the previous round and Ayr/ Elgin went to extra time.

Or was McCall’s reference to a previous fixture?

It was a previous fixture against the dead outfit. 

14 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Gretna we’re obviously a bit of an anomaly given the money being fired about, but even around then lower league sides making it through deep into the competition wasn’t unusual at all.

Hibs and Rangers both being in the Championship was an anomaly as well. That's kind of the point – strange things can and will continue to happen so why restrict Raith Rovers' ambitions (in this case) to a jolly at Ibrox? Hopefully they upset the odds and win.

10 hours ago, Darren said:

Hibs and Rangers both being in the Championship was an anomaly as well. That's kind of the point – strange things can and will continue to happen so why restrict Raith Rovers' ambitions (in this case) to a jolly at Ibrox? Hopefully they upset the orcs and win.

FTFY

8 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Michael Stewart absolutely seething not to be allowed a full 5 minute slot to trash his sworn enemy Levein and his horrific managerial record.

"Every time I bring it up I'm belittled!"

For the record, Stewart's assessment of Levein's performance in his second spell in the Hearts management set-up is correct.

However, as Tom English said, he needs to let it go. 

57 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Michael Stewart absolutely seething not to be allowed a full 5 minute slot to trash his sworn enemy Levein and his horrific managerial record.

"Every time I bring it up I'm belittled!"

What was that about? Michael really needs to let it go and move on. Really not healthy behaviour.

38 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Willie Miller ever the consummate professional. His description of a Celtic attack “aw naw he’s in again”.

Willie loves the Dandies ❤️