Sportsound Watch

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

'Yogi for Pittodrie' bit was surreal.

Not just considering his career trajectory; but by my reckoning the "cups av won" (plural) must include Ramsden or Stirlingshires; and his international experience must amount to falling at the opening hurdle every time: neither Falkirk or Inverness won a tie and he crashed Hibs out v Maribor?

It’s scary in 2023 this guy is still considering himself for high profile jobs in Scotland. Fortunately was corporate today so no car to listen to the rambles of sports sound this week 

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Not just saying this because they'll likely read it, but the improvement that Open All Mics would enjoy if they binned all the ex-players and handed it over to the AVFTT boys would be enormous. 

Go Away GIF

Whoever was at Raith Rovers Motherwell said Raith should be hoping for Rangers/Celtic in the next round as “lets face it Raith aren’t winning the Scottish Cup and at this level it’s about getting as much money as you can”.
Found it a tad disrespectful to lower league clubs but might just be me getting my knickers in a twist 

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Whoever was at Raith Rovers Motherwell said Raith should be hoping for Rangers/Celtic in the next round as “lets face it Raith aren’t winning the Scottish Cup and at this level it’s about getting as much money as you can”.
Found it a tad disrespectful to lower league clubs but might just be me getting my knickers in a twist 

Inverness, Ayr and either Falkirk or Darvel are in the next round.. there’s a huge opportunity for a semi final at least for a Championship side here.

So yes, utterly disrespectful.

23 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Heard that as well. Thought it was a dreadful comment. Guaranteed 4 out of 8 being lower league. Great chance to get to the Semi or final

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That is an absolutely disgrace especially as it was at a Raith cup game, the team that famously beat Celtic to win the League Cup when they were a second division side. Sadly though, it sums up the media's attitude to Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Charles Stiles said:

That is an absolutely disgrace especially as it was at a Raith cup game, the team that famously beat Celtic to win the League Cup when they were a second division side. Sadly though, it sums up the media's attitude to Scottish football. 

What a team that was.