Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, forkboy said:

I can't do it anymore. I've listened to it since I was a small boy, I'd have a pocket radio when I was at Victoria Park & could keep up with scores, I'd listen to it in one ear when I'd work Saturdays, but I'm done. Kenny has no control over the circus. It's just unlistenable shite & my phone can update me on scores now.

I only turned it on about 10 minutes ago to have something in the background whilst I do a bit of work. I'm totally Seething at this nonsense, I don't think I'll be listening again either. 

3 minutes ago, forkboy said:

I can't do it anymore. I've listened to it since I was a small boy, I'd have a pocket radio when I was at Victoria Park & could keep up with scores, I'd listen to it in one ear when I'd work Saturdays, but I'm done. Kenny has no control over the circus. It's just unlistenable shite & my phone can update me on scores now.

I do tune in but not nearly as often as I used to.  And when I do listen I follow it more for the gaffes, blunders and general fuckwittery.  A bit like a Celtic fans following our games just to be offended by the songbook.

Stopping completely would be a better thing for me to do.

20 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Even Steven Thompson was close to calling out how shite that pre kick off show was. Just go round as many of the games as you can to find out lineups/thoughts like they used to.

No being funny but I genuinely think that would show the lack of knowledge of the matches being covered (apart from Bonner, Preston and Miller who get to cover the teams they support).

Its embarassing shite

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

This Hearts/Aberdeen bet for 3rd banter is horrific.

I have switched off and listening to Elastica, Pulp, Edwyn Collins, Belle and Sebastian etc and surprisingly its miles better..........

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just clicked onto sportsound on bbc sound so 30 seconds behind and it’s 3:01pm and discussing Rangers manager who’s game isn’t until this evening.

Also, Micheal Beale is a blether, constantly referring to Celtic spending money when his club spent some amount of money on players in the summer for more than Celtic paid for Oreilly etc. 

The Rangers fans still won't be happy, after saying "two sides", "our rivals" and "them" for a good five minutes, he slipped up and called Celtic by their name. Sturgeon must condemn. 

But aye, pish state of affairs but not in the least surprising. Surely the time for that kind of interview is either before their game or as a half time feature in their game?

Edited by Salvo Montalbano

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The Rangers fans still won't be happy, after saying "two sides", "our rivals" and "them" for a good five minutes, he slipped up and called Celtic by their name. Sturgeon must condemn. 

But aye, pish state of affairs but not in the least surprising. Surely the time for that kind of interview is either before their game or as a half time feature in their game?

It’s got 1,000 times worse since that clown McIntyre became host. 
The BBC doing everything they can to stop getting banned from the garden of b@stards again