Sportsound Watch

14 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Chick Young reporting on Partick Thistle v ICT tonight:

"Ross County are getting torn apart down their right hand side"

All teams north of Cumbernauld are the same to that parochial old weegie b@stard.

He’s busy getting himself into a lather about the Glasgow Derby 

EFIT - St Mirren fan my hairy hole. 

Glorious Boxing Day lounging around in the hoose today, and doing something I seldom do. Listening to the English fitba on Five Live.

Amazing to me that they seem capable of discussing all the teams in the division (even those in the bottom half!!) at reasonable length and in good detail. Furthermore, they've found time to discuss some lower league games and interview a newly-hired lower league manager.

They're not doing anything mad or complicated. They're just talking about all the teams. It'll never catch on up here.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Glorious Boxing Day lounging around in the hoose today, and doing something I seldom do. Listening to the English fitba on Five Live.

Amazing to me that they seem capable of discussing all the teams in the division (even those in the bottom half!!) at reasonable length and in good detail. Furthermore, they've found time to discuss some lower league games and interview a newly-hired lower league manager.

They're not doing anything mad or complicated. They're just talking about all the teams. It'll never catch on up here.

If they knew what they were doing they’d have previewed Brentford v spurs with an in depth discussion on how Man City will have been affected by 5 weeks off. 

Amateurs. 

f**k me, they've just dropped as far as LEAGUE ONE and have a reporter at the matches, have summed up the league table and general form of the teams they're covering, and mentioned important players.

LEAGUE ONE!

Wait, wait!

LEAGUE TWO! They've just summed up the table and have gone to a reporter they have at a game who's giving us more detail of the fourth tier.

Sportsound would never fucking dream of this kind of actual football coverage.

19 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

f**k me, they've just dropped as far as LEAGUE ONE and have a reporter at the matches, have summed up the league table and general form of the teams they're covering, and mentioned important players.

LEAGUE ONE!

Wait, wait!

LEAGUE TWO! They've just summed up the table and have gone to a reporter they have at a game who's giving us more detail of the fourth tier.

Sportsound would never fucking dream of this kind of actual football coverage.

They have the marketing of their leagues at the perfect level. 

Wee teams "overachieving" is talked up properly and rarely with any condescension and they embrace it as meritocracy. If a "big team" is relegated? Tough. It's their fault. 

When Leicester won the league it was a fairytale but also used to highlight that anything could happen. 

If similar happened up here there would be a police investigation into why the OF didn't win.

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If they knew what they were doing they’d have previewed Brentford v spurs with an in depth discussion on how Man City will have been affected by 5 weeks off. 

Then of course immediately balanced that by devoting almost exactly the same amount of time to explaining why an absolutely routine  2-0 Liverpool win over a relegation candidate with a fraction of their budget for which the bookies would scarcely have given you odds demonstrates how incredible their manager and players are. 

On 24/12/2022 at 10:42, Thenorthernlight said:

EFIT - St Mirren fan my hairy hole. 

What is an EFIT image?
/ˈiː.fɪt/ a picture of a person who is believed to have committed a crime or who is missing, created on a computer using the description of someone who saw the person:

A disturbing thought.

Shouldn’t be surprised nor should I let it annoy me any more, but they give team news for Livi v Well and Killie v St Mirren at 14:59, having just spent the previous 10-15 mins discussing the old firm. Which seems pointless given it will be the only game that they discuss after the 3pm kickoffs anyway. 

Might have been mishearing things but it sounded like they spoke to Willie Miller in Aberdeen, then someone in Perth (Craig Easton maybe) for a few minutes then Kenny McIntyre said that Derek Fergsuson would be reporting from Rugby Park for Kilmarnock v St Mirren then rather than speaking to him he asked Neil McCann if 2-2 was a fair result in the early kick off. Was a weird segue.

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Might have been mishearing things but it sounded like they spoke to Willie Miller in Aberdeen, then someone in Perth (Craig Easton maybe) for a few minutes then Kenny McIntyre said that Derek Fergsuson would be reporting from Rugby Park for Kilmarnock v St Mirren then rather than speaking to him he asked Neil McCann if 2-2 was a fair result in the early kick off. Was a weird segue.

OAM is utter mayhem today.  Counter-intuitively, Leanne Crichton is the sanest voice among the lot of them and seems to be the only one with a bit  of a grasp on the VAR situations.

Edit:  Santa must  have sent the wee lassie at Queens Park The Big Dictionary of Football Cliches. She is dreadful.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Crichton is one of the few I'd keep.

I know I get annoyed at "Bisquits", but I think maybe BBC need to drop this "one of each" approach. Pretty sure it was his big cheer when Hearts scored.

Conversely, Collins could be a good pundit, but not when Hibs are involved. His myopia when it comes to fouls is staggering 🙄

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The BBC - Nation Speaking Unto Nation - can't agree if it's 2-2 or 2-3 in Dundee.

The reason given was that they don't have a reporter at the match. 

That's the match featuring the leaders of the Championship at the start of the day playing at home...

23 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

The reason given was that they don't have a reporter at the match. 

That's the match featuring the leaders of the Championship at the start of the day playing at home...

"Aye but the app says..." was hugely embarrassing.