Sportsound Watch

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Scottish Cup day with all the fascinating fixtures. The World Cup is on too. Looking forward therefore to five hours of chat about who will replace “Gio” and why VAR should be monitored by people who left formal education at the age of 9. 

Are you a producer?

Thankfully won't hear any of it as I'll be at the game.

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are you a producer?

Thankfully won't hear any of it as I'll be at the game.

If o was a produced I’ve had added a feature on Ange in Australia and whether people in Australia think Rangers or Celtic are best.

Edited by Shandon Par

2 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Shame there isn't any OAM today to cover the Cup games but at least they're offering live commentary on the big match that captures the spirit of the competition which is *checks notes* Partick vs Kelty. 

As if they would have bothered their arse to do anything else.

If it wasn't that game it would have been Morton vs QOTS.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As if they would have bothered their arse to do anything else.

If it wasn't that game it would have been Morton vs QOTS.

If they had any imagination they'd have dragged Charles Bannerman out of hibernation to do either the Fraserburgh/Arbroath or Wick/Falkirk game.

10 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

If they had any imagination they'd have dragged Charles Bannerman out of hibernation to do either the Fraserburgh/Arbroath or Wick/Falkirk game.

The former is the most intriguing game of the round for me.

I expect zero coverage.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Scottish Cup day with all the fascinating fixtures. The World Cup is on too. Looking forward therefore to five hours of chat about who will replace “Gio” and why VAR should be monitored by people who left formal education at the age of 9. 

Ah but you get to watch English FA cup action instead on the BBC

Kenny Mac neatly in tears at someone suggesting that the new Rangers manager only needs to oversee an improvement in performances. I think I heard the spittle hit the microphone. 

Derek Ferguson keeping on referring to "Andy" Dorrans was funny, albeit not as funny as McIntyre thanking him for his "fascinating insight" which involved him saying he thought Beale was a good coach and that he had a bright future. And neither was as funny as Ferguson saying that the real power behind the throne was actually Jimmy Bell. 

For those of you who missed the start of Saturday's programme, here's a summary of KMac's first 20 minutes;

'Hello, everyone, still no Premier so no Teddy Berrz and this week we're stuck (rolls eyes) with wee diddy teams in the Scottish Cup. But first we go to (checks notes) "Firhill" for some news about... about... Partick United?'

'Thank chuff that's over. Later we'll have to cover Partick Albion against Kelty Hibs but NOW! Let's get the team to talk about the Mighty 55 Gers' manager situation right up till diddy team kick-off!'

14 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

For those of you who missed the start of Saturday's programme, here's a summary of KMac's first 20 minutes;

'Hello, everyone, still no Premier so no Teddy Berrz and this week we're stuck (rolls eyes) with wee diddy teams in the Scottish Cup. But first we go to (checks notes) "Firhill" for some news about... about... Partick United?'

'Thank chuff that's over. Later we'll have to cover Partick Albion against Kelty Hibs but NOW! Let's get the team to talk about the Mighty 55 Gers' manager situation right up till diddy team kick-off!'

Many a true word is spoken in jest

I had Sportsound on for just a few minutes around half-time in the Accies game (2.30 kick-off) the other day.

Fair play to Liam McLeod. He gave a score update on the League Two game between Stranraer and Annan that included the relative relationship between the sides in the league, and how the score as it stood would affect that.

Apart from Richard Gordon one midweek, it's the only time this season I've heard League One or Two scores in any way contextualised on Sportsound. Usually they're just read out basically like cup results, with no indication that these teams are playing in a league.

13 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Liam McLeod was really good on Saturday. Not just able to speak knowledgeably about the current situation in lower leagues but referring back to past seasons.

He can actually be really good when he's not screaming about Celtic/Rangers winning a throw in 20m from their own bye line.

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

He can actually be really good when he's not screaming about Celtic/Rangers winning a throw in 20m from their own bye line.

Yes I've heard him hosting open all mics and he's really quite good at that. He's a far better anchorman than commentator. That is, of course, taking into account he is a fucking horrendous commentator.

Not listening but I'll go for 50 minutes about Rangers. 5 minutes about the World Cup and 5 minutes build up from whatever championship game they've sent Liam McLeod to