Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The thing that gets me is that pretty much every pundit wanted VAR into Scottish football. This is despite the whole world watching VAR from around the world and seeing the constant regular f*ck-ups that have happened and we're bound to happen here. Now the same pundits are slaughtering it every bloody game. Managers are the same.

The worst thing about the VAR debate is that there's only been a couple of debatable decisions, the rest it's got exactly right. VAR works great imo.

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Sportsound getting caught out by the Queen's Park fairytale. "Ambition", "be great if they get 2-3000 at Lesser Hampden", "great synergy with the history of Scottish football". Not one calling it out as Haughey's Gretnaesque vanity project which us exactly what it is

It's long been established on Sportsound and BBC Scotland in general that 'ambition' means chucking cash around. They wanked themselves silly over Gretna mind, proclaiming it a 'fairytale' whilst Gretna outbid SPL team for player wages when in the 3rd Divison.

They've been jizzing over Cove for a while and have long since spunked their pants over Ross County. Queens Park are just the latest to show 'ambition' by chucking around wads of money.

In reality, pretty much every team is ambitious. I doubt that Peterhead aimed to finish bottom. I imagine Forfar probably aimed to finish in the playoffs at least. I reckon Livingston targetted top 6. I think Montrose want to win the league. And so on.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The worst thing about the VAR debate is that there's only been a couple of debatable decisions, the rest it's got exactly right. VAR works great imo.

VAR is pish but it does what it is designed to do.

Most managers in the Premiership don't like the rules, especially around handball, but that's nothing to do with VAR. Those morons (the managers) don't get the irony that their decades of bitter, c**t, stupid tears have lead to the current handball rules (and VAR).

13 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Sportsound getting caught out by the Queen's Park fairytale. "Ambition", "be great if they get 2-3000 at Lesser Hampden", "great synergy with the history of Scottish football". Not one calling it out as Haughey's Gretnaesque vanity project which us exactly what it is

Sugar-daddying is always shite - unless it's happening with your own team.

Best wishes to Glesga's southside arachnids.

13 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I actually laughed out loud at the section where they were saying how wonderful Dempster is. That stadium has been a monumental cock-up of an operation and her communication with fans has been zero.

But she's one of the gang, so it's fine. Broadfoot is the only ingredient you can add to the McIntyre mix that actually makes the show worse. They shouldn't have him on.

Also enjoyed Kenny asking Willie Miller who he thought would win the Championship. 😀

He might as well have said Third Lanark.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I actually laughed out loud at the section where they were saying how wonderful Dempster is. That stadium has been a monumental cock-up of an operation and her communication with fans has been zero.

She was untouchable as Hibs CEO as well, despite some staggering decisions like canning loyalty points and putting her pal in charge of commercial sales despite not having any experience.

Would be interesting if she took a walk through Easter Road today, the hospitality areas are like a boutique hotel - under her watch they were like the jakies Salvation Army hotel in the Grassmarket......................

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I wonder what Celtic-ish figure we'll be hearing from next weekend to balance it out. Maybe postpone the balance for a week to spend this whole Saturday talking about the new Rangers' manager, to be fair. But it'll be coming.

Paul Elliott? Mick McCarthy? Neil Lennon?

I'll put money on Scott McDonald. 

Once they appointment Muscat it'll be the whole "You're Australian, he's Australian. What kind of manager is Muscat + Let's make a huge big deal about there being two Australian managers"