Sportsound Watch

The rest of us getting the blame for Rangers and Celtic being shite again.

This really is a fucking disgrace. There are podcasts these days if you want to give space to just speaking about the Old Firm or doing a review of Europe.

This show should be about the day's games.

25 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Open All Mics has been much, much better this afternoon.

Less talking and shouting over each other, less Old Firm sycophancy, and regular updates from around the ground. 

Was thinking that myself. Last nights coverage was decent too. 

20 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Except for Chick Young at Firhill. 

After the game, I skipped back in the Sounds app to hear what was said about our goals. 

For the first, he had to be prompted to say who had scored, and for the second he was convinced the goal hadn’t been given because the ball “hadn’t crossed the line” (it hit the back of the net). 

His best performance was for for the third goal, because technical problems meant he couldn’t report it live. 

51 minutes ago, The Master said:

After the game, I skipped back in the Sounds app to hear what was said about our goals. 

For the first, he had to be prompted to say who had scored, and for the second he was convinced the goal hadn’t been given because the ball “hadn’t crossed the line” (it hit the back of the net). 

His best performance was for for the third goal, because technical problems meant he couldn’t report it live. 

He also stated at half time that the score was Partick Thistle 1 Dundee 1 then shouted "no it isn't" before being cut off by another report.

18 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Pray for Kenny McIntsnowtyers.

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hope Kenny Macintyre is enjoying his day off

14 hours ago, Clown Job said:

image.gif.84576b0d86c0f6e5d19bdf7ce951749b.gif

You're all joking the now, but he'll revisit this result for at least the first 45 mins of the show next Saturday.

On 05/11/2022 at 15:48, Hammer Jag said:

Less talking and shouting over each other, less Old Firm sycophancy, and regular updates from around the ground. 

It was. Far more bearable. Long may it continue.

Crichton needs to watch though. She’s balanced at that tipping point of starting to get a wee bit arrogant and think her opinion is worth more than everyone else’s and talking over them.

She’s been good, but could spoil it.. 

On 06/11/2022 at 12:41, The Master said:

It was a truly ridiculous performance from him.  I caught what he said for the second goal when I nipped out in the car for ten minutes.

I therefore didn't know what game he was covering, or of course, what the score was when we joined him.  After his hysterical intervention ended, I was still no wiser on either issue.

His failure to communicate anything when saying so much is almost impressive.