Sportsound Watch

On 30/10/2022 at 14:34, Leith Green said:

Apparently Hearts have got injuries.

I hadnt heard anything at all about this before now...............................

😀

Fucking hell. How do you expect them to cover a game where one of the teams has its entire first-choice defence (and arguably midfield) injured without mentioning it?

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

Fucking hell. How do you expect them to cover a game where one of the teams has its entire first-choice defence (and arguably midfield) injured without mentioning it?

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

Every club has injuries, what grates is the - frankly tedious - coverage the "Hearts injury crisis" gets week in week out - you would think it was some unprecedented issue which no other club has ever had to deal with.

Its perhaps worth reflecting that nine of the Hearts players who took part against Ross County at the weekend also played in the Edinburgh derby at Easter Road on 7th August....................

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

Every club has injuries, what grates is the - frankly tedious - coverage the "Hearts injury crisis" gets week in week out - you would think it was some unprecedented issue which no other club has ever had to deal with.

Its perhaps worth reflecting that nine of the Hearts players who took part against Ross County at the weekend also played in the Edinburgh derby at Easter Road on 7th August....................

This just shows what happens when you remove context from a discussion.

9 players who featured etc etc sounds good, until you dig into who the missing players were.

For starters, the central defence, holding midfielder, and Liam Boyce are all gone from the derby team. Plus, that derby line-up was already missing Kingsley and Baningime. That zinger doesn't prove the point you think it proves, it just shows how well Hearts have done despite being well short of full-strength all season.

Of course every team gets injuries. But it's very rare to see what we're seeing with Hearts this season. As I mentioned in the match thread, if we're at full strength, it's perfectly reasonable that our entire defence and midfield is out of the team yesterday.

Back four of Kingsley, Halkett, Rowles, Atkinson, Baningime, Devlin, Boyce coming in in midfield. Hearts have never had that team on the park this season, and nothing approaching it for months. Even further away from Neilson's dream of three at the back. Just not possible with the injuries.

Can you recall the last Premiership team to be missing its defence and midfield for pushing half a season? Extra points if they were playing pretty much every midweek at the same time.

I get it though. You're only happy with coverage that says 'Hearts are losing ha ha'. You resist any contextualisation and just come up with half-baked imaginary comparisons. Do you think it just shouldn't be mentioned? Especially considering we had lost our best remaining defender in the previous game.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 29/10/2022 at 16:31, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Few comments on today listening in the car.

Leanne Crichton holds that show together by her finger tips. The only one who knows the rules and isn't a shouty mess.

I like Rory Loy commentating on Championship or Scottish Cup games but he shouldn't be anywhere near Rangers. To many shouts and squeals and a bias that is all too clear. He's been dragged down to the levels of Preston and Chic Young.

Kenny Macintyre is one of the worst appointments in the history of broadcasting. Richard Gordon was never perfect but he was in a different league. Macintyre is nothing more than a slavering idiot of a Rangers fan who listens to and should be presenting on Radio Clyde. No interest in anything other than then old firm and England. Dreadful dreadful stuff. 

The worst thing is we don't have an alternative. Can't just switch off or change station because no where else covers Scottish games on the radio. 

Fully agree. Michael Stewart was meant to be at Easter Road. Ranted about VAR there, then it seemed like he spent longer discussing decisions at Tannadice and Ibrox with the other pundits than the Hibs game. 

It just seems like a disorganised mess since Richard Gordon left. 

Mark Hateley on BBC news saying Ibrox has always been a fortress on European nights.

Always?

This goldfish brained buffoon has no right to be anywhere near a microphone.

He is by far the worst contributor to Sportsound and I say that in the full knowledge that Pat Bonner exists.

16 minutes ago, sophia said:

Mark Hateley on BBC news saying Ibrox has always been a fortress on European nights.

Always?

This goldfish brained buffoon has no right to be anywhere near a microphone.

He is by far the worst contributor to Sportsound and I say that in the full knowledge that Pat Bonner exists.

I'm sitting here quite bored, so just undertook the very boring task of compiling Rangers' CL group stage record to check Hateley's assertion.

Rangers have played 32 home games in the CL group stage. At Fortress Ibrox, their record is P32 W8 D11 L13.

It's a low bar to be a fortress these days, apparently, if losing 40% of your games counts.