Sportsound Watch

21 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I got in the car after our game and OAM was on.

They went to an interview with Liam Fox, I think it was with Jane Lewis.

She said his team were in good form and would surely be looking for another 3 points on Tuesday against Killie.

Fox had to point out that you don’t actually get any points for a League Cup quarter final tie.

21 hours ago, The Master said:

It was Eilidh Davies. 

And yet it wasn't the worst part of the show.

The OAM pundit was in the middle of describing one of Celtic's goals, and Preston shouted him into silence to tell us that someone at his game had tripped and fallen over while nowhere near the ball, and "that it was really funny".

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

And yet it wasn't the worst part of the show.

The OAM pundit was in the middle of describing one of Celtic's goals, and Preston shouted him into silence to tell us that someone at his game had tripped and fallen over while nowhere near the ball, and "that it was really funny".

v3YKS_.gif.9b441669ce28047caed7159ff38589ec.gif

7 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Not sure why Richard Gordon bothered asking Bonner if he'd seen much of Motherwell this season.

"Eh, no I haven't. Just when they played Celtic."

Depressingly predictable.

Can only imagine Gordon was asking with tongue firmly in cheek. He's worked with Bonner more than long enough to know that: a) his interest in Scottish football begins and ends with Celtic, and that b) he's a total half-wit.

14 hours ago, afca32 said:

Not sure why Richard Gordon bothered asking Bonner if he'd seen much of Motherwell this season.

"Eh, no I haven't. Just when they played Celtic."

Depressingly predictable.

When we played them at Parkhead the other week Bonner cited Barry Maguire as being a threat to Celtic at corners. Barry Maguire - defensive midfielder who has barely started this season, scored one goal in 50 odd appearances and…. it wasn’t from a corner. 

The only reason he went down that route (and he said as much) was because the previous week St Mirren had caused them problems at corners. 

Totally winging it, and I don’t think he cares who knows it. 

On 14/10/2022 at 09:08, bdu98196 said:

Cant wait to hear their take on VAR..................afterall how many times when discussing a tackle the words come out 'wouldn't have been a foul in my day- Willie Miller:every fucking week!!!!'

Going to boldy try predict this week why its probably going to be a hard listen. No European drubbings, so it'll all be about

• VAR 
  • Apotential 'duopoly' diddy cup final will be while ignoring the fact there are semi-finals to play
  • Also expect some kind of teary tribute to the SlippyG discussing why he never had the same success and if he would be right to come back to Ibrox to relieve Gio of his struggles...............melting into another European discussion and competition in Scotland etc

What wont be covered is calling Lafferty a c**t and ripping into this cancer of sectarianism that exists within certain factions of Scottish football and calling for the same level of punishment for any players/officials/clubs or fans who exert the same behavior

13 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Going to boldy try predict this week why its probably going to be a hard listen. No European drubbings, so it'll all be about

• VAR 
  • Apotential 'duopoly' diddy cup final will be while ignoring the fact there are semi-finals to play
  • Also expect some kind of teary tribute to the SlippyG discussing why he never had the same success and if he would be right to come back to Ibrox to relieve Gio of his struggles...............melting into another European discussion and competition in Scotland etc

What wont be covered is calling Lafferty a c**t and ripping into this cancer of sectarianism that exists within certain factions of Scottish football and calling for the same level of punishment for any players/officials/clubs or fans who exert the same behavior

I predict that if they do mention Lafferty the consensus will be that he’s been hard done by.

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Every time someone opens their mouth "Biscuits" screams some banality. Really shitey personality trait

Sounds like he’s had about 15 orgasms already this afternoon. He’s a fucking arsehole. 

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Every time someone opens their mouth "Biscuits" screams some banality. Really shitey personality trait

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Sounds like he’s had about 15 orgasms already this afternoon. He’s a fucking arsehole. 

It was getting ridiculous today.  He wasn't even covering a Hearts match FFS.  

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Heard the last hour today coming back from the game. Wasn't awful, but the way Kenny Mac kept banging on about Gio being "live" coming next as if they had just cracked the technology was a bit weird. Almost made up by the way he was nearly greeting after the interview. 

And in the end, they interviewed David Martindale first.

Also, Rory Loy was the only one who acknowledged there was more than one team at "Ibricks" this afternoon. 

9 hours ago, The Master said:

And in the end, they interviewed David Martindale first.

Also, Rory Loy was the only one who acknowledged there was more than one team at "Ibricks" this afternoon. 

Rory Loy is growing on me.

Don't necessarily agree with all of his views, but that's fine. He is keen, seems to enjoy fitba, and knows about the teams he's talking about across different leagues.

More like him would be good.

35 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Rory Loy is growing on me.

Don't necessarily agree with all of his views, but that's fine. He is keen, seems to enjoy fitba, and knows about the teams he's talking about across different leagues.

More like him would be good.

Loy came in a couple of years ago and was widely praised, before seemingly being marginalised, although maybe that was just me.

Glad to see he's back in the "big time".

Kenny McIntyre is not just technically inferior to the great man he replaced but he is an utterly tedious chronically boring jobbie. The BBC have somehow selected not just the worst person in Scottish sports broadcasting to replace Richard Gordon on match days, but perhaps the worst mammal.

This is still an utterly horrific appointment and it must be stopped.