Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

McIntyre doesn't do reporting. He wants heated discussion only, with him in charge of throwing in the grenades. And his favourite subject to chat about is the OF. I used to listen to it avidly but have now stopped. I now stick music on after I drive home after a game as I know I won't get any info on the other games.

Exactly this, he wants 'controversy' and desperately tried to manufacture it. If I'm listening to Open All Mics then I just switch it off at full time now.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

f**k, I forgot about Grant.

It's absolutely crazy.

Grant is a dreadful pundit and manager and brings nothing. He's genuinely, and alarmingly, cluless about football going by the pish he speaks and his record in charge of clubs (save for a couple of decent seasons at Alloa, the only thing of note he's done in an inexplicably lengthy managerial career, and even then he oversaw Alloa's relegation). He says such bizarre and outright daft things. His mind must be quite the trip.

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hes a complete welt.  Giving him the role and Lewis now on a Sunday has completely fucked Sportsound at the weekends.  Gordon is there for weekday games (old firm). 

Richard Gordon presents the Sunday programme. 

At least, he does when there’s a live game. 

50 minutes ago, The Master said:

Richard Gordon presents the Sunday programme. 

At least, he does when there’s a live game. 

Yeah.  When no live game (celtic or rangers)  - over to Lewis. 

Lewis done the show for the hearts game when both the OF played on the Sat too. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

5 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yeah.  When no live game (celtic or rangers)  - over to Lewis. 

Lewis done the show for the hearts game when both the OF played on the Sat too. 

The Edinburgh derby? That was Richard Gordon. 

He’s done every Sunday this season where there’s been a live game or games. 

https://icdb.tv/person/996/Richard-Gordon

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

If their aim is only to have listeners who want to hear about the Glasgow teams, they are doing a great job.

It's been poor during OaM for some time, Kenny Mac is making it worse.

The lack of post match interviews, technical glitches and no semi competent analysis makes that section almost unlistenable now.

Having Donnelly and McCann on sportscene the other day just topped it off.

Would be great to see some figures on their listener numbers and location etc.

Radio Old Firm Superscorebored exists to tell lies about Rangers & Celtic if that's your thing.  

14 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Radio Old Firm Superscorebored exists to tell lies about Rangers & Celtic if that's your thing.  

Ach, I know you are joking mate but the thing is the BBC have the rights to do pre/post interviews and live match coverage - so you are kinda drawn back in.

Their monopoly means they can churn out any old shite, reporters and analysts with agendas, and they are safe in the knowledge that the contract is still there.

I know the likes of Michael Stewart isnt everyones cup of tea, but he is one of the - vanishingly small - number of main pundits (not talking the OaM cannon fodder) on radio and TV who dont have a Rangers / Celtic background.

MS already has plenty work outside the BBC - but we really need more people like him on the BBC who can be vaguely articulate and who didnt necessarily get the job merely because they played for one or other of the Glasgow teams - see Bonner, Donnely, Grant, Foster, Miller, McCann etc etc etc

When we get to the anchors, Kenny Mac is utter dugmeat, Lewis is a stuttering mess and Thomson on Sportscene is laughable - while I dont like his style personally, the only one who is actually competent is Gordon and he is part time.

Its a fucking mess, and whoever is in charge needs a slap.

13 hours ago, captainkev said:

It looks like the 1st 20 minutes or so after kick off are now to be set aside for a banter section amongst the pundits that will only be reluctantly paused if a goal is scored. This week past it was them laughing and trying to take the piss out of each other about whether Hearts were looking "leggy" recently and if they should be at this point in the season.

Tat leggy chat was so utterly dire that even the world's biggest pub vote would have been ashamed to come out with it.

Some of the country's stupidest men trying to play pedant is neither entertaining or informative.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

What happened two Saturdays ago?

Paraphrasing here - "any one who doesn't think that Celtic and Rangers qualifying for the Champions League is great is an idiot. Clubs should use the £500k the Old firm got them to come up with a better business plan. WATP".

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Would have said the same until two Saturdays ago.

7 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What happened two Saturdays ago?

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Paraphrasing here - "any one who doesn't think that Celtic and Rangers qualifying for the Champions League is great is an idiot. Clubs should use the £500k the Old firm got them to come up with a better business plan. WATP".

It was incredible listening. But I was secretly delighted as I've always argued that she's thick as shite, and she finally settled that argument for me.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

gross jeff goldblum GIF

She deserves it then. 

The idea that because a relatively tiny amount of money is "trickling down" then this should negate any notion that it could be a bad thing for the clubs outside Rangers and Celtic is almost deliberately stupid.  

Edited by resk

It’s a cultural thing. These people are drinking in a different pub to you and I. 

They don’t believe the league is a 12 team competition, nor do they believe it should be. There is an old firm title battle and then there is the rest. 

If you accept this as an undisputed fact then every club receiving 500k is brilliant. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a cultural thing. These people are drinking in a different pub to you and I. 

They don’t believe the league is a 12 team competition, nor do they believe it should be. There is an old firm title battle and then there is the rest. 

If you accept this as an undisputed fact then every club receiving 500k is brilliant. 

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so detrimental.

I'm not much of a Dave Cormack fan, but he's tried to completely change the way we do things at Aberdeen and it's cost much more than £500k.

It still boils down to two clubs having resources that dwarves the other 40 clubs combined.

30 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

According to the Daily Ranger Sevco made £100M last season and this year's Champions League. Aye £500k is going to make the rest of us more competitive against them.

According to the Daily Record, Craig Whyte is a billionaire from Motherwell.

I’d check the date to check they got it right.

They’ll print any made up shite to pacify & appeal to their h*n readership. 

According to the Daily Record, Craig Whyte is a billionaire from Motherwell.
I’d check the date to check they got it right.
They’ll print any made up shite to pacify & appeal to their h*n readership. 
Whatever the amount is from reaching a European final, Champions League money and selling players for millions, £500k ain't going to make much of a difference to any diddy clubs competitive edge against them.