Sportsound Watch

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Annan v Aberdeen has gone to extra time but they're only going for updates - I assume they don't have the rights to provide commentary?

They didn’t have anyone there to do commentary. Kenny Crawford is a reporter, not a commentator. 

However, that doesn’t mean commentators can’t be reporters. A more logical approach to last night would have been to have commentators (Paul Mitchell, Rob Maclean etc.) giving the reports from the non-live games so that if any went to extra time, they could pick up commentary (even if it were solo). 

Of course, if Celtic and Rangers had had to be on the same night for whatever reason, we’d have had commentary from both (one on 810MW, the other online). 

Guys, think you need to remember that sportsound have boycotted rangers for years and we’d have barely known they existed up until a few weeks ago when bbc took their foot off their neck. 

Only right the licence paying ‘bears’ get their fair share of coverage. 

9 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

There's been a worrying trend in just about all the BBC Scotland football content, that's been moving towards an even more OF based content recently. Most notably from AVftT and OtB, programing that was self evidently about the 'diddies' in Scottish Football. 

Sportsound on a Saturday has gotten almost unlistenable now, for all the reasons listed over the last 10 pages.  Richard Gordon is sounding even more calm, measured and knowledgeable on the Sunday shows. 

Sportscene has always been fucking rubbish, giving scant attention to anything that doesn't fit their OF biased narrative. 

I think it's attributable to: both cheeks in the CL group stages, the fallout of the lickspittle apologies from the BBC to get them back into Ibrox, Kenny MacIntyre spouting his pish unfettered or constrained by now being the lead anchor on the show, a ridiculous amount of mostly ex SEVCO players as pundits, Miller and Bonnar both suffering from early/advanced onset of 'Yer Da' and their obvious distain for anything thats not pertinent to their own clubs. 

It's a crying shame, for a supposedly national broadcaster to be pumping out the incessant pro OF guff.

Saturday's show was unlistenable. 

Hahahah, wit?

I think AVFTT can be a bit hit and miss but it’s simply untrue to put them in a category with the BBC’s other Scottish Football output when it comes to OF dominated content. They may well occasionally mention and speak about OF players etc. and have always done so but in pretty much equal measure to the coverage they give players and games from the other 40 SPFL clubs. Like them or not the 4 main guys from AVFTT could tell you far more about the Scottish Lower Leagues and non-OF Scottish Football than the majority of Sportsound pundits by a considerable distance. 

13 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Richard Gordon mockingly wondering aloud which 2 of the quarter finals Premier Sports will be showing…

Probably the same 2 that Sportsound will choose for live commentary. 

Be the Hearts game imo.

McIntyre just read out the scores.

He said League 1 then read out the League 2 scores. He then got confused and instead of realising his error and going back to the actual League 1 scores, he instead just went right to the English Premier League scores.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

McIntyre just read out the scores.

He said League 1 then read out the League 2 scores. He then got confused and instead of realising his error and going back to the actual League 1 scores, he instead just went right to the English Premier League scores.

He's had a tough day, give him a break

McIntyre has just said that Montrose won against Peterhead despite playing for the majority of the game with 10 men. Rory McAllister was sent off right on half time. However credit to him for mentioning the match and actually knowing that Montrose had someone sent off.

I don't often listen to Sportsound but as I drove to / from the game I found myself tuning in to get the lower league scores and maybe some chat about the games. After all, Ayr are going great guns in the Championship, we had Airdrie getting reemed 6 - 0 or maybe a wee mention of Dumbarton being one of the last unbeaten sides in the country? 

Nope. Old Firm chat, other Premiership games covered at length, a chat about the future for Jack Ross and another discussion of the Old Firm game. Apart from the scores there wasn't a single mention of any game outside of the Premiership after the full times. 

Quite simply an abysmal level of coverage for supporters of other clubs. Needless to say that's the last time I'm tuning into that piping hot garbage. f**k off Sportsound. 

1 minute ago, RiG said:

I don't often listen to Sportsound but as I drove to / from the game I found myself tuning in to get the lower league scores and maybe some chat about the games. After all, Ayr are going great guns in the Championship, we had Airdrie getting reemed 6 - 0 or maybe a wee mention of Dumbarton being one of the last unbeaten sides in the country? 

Nope. Old Firm chat, other Premiership games covered at length, a chat about the future for Jack Ross and another discussion of the Old Firm game. Apart from the scores there wasn't a single mention of any game outside of the Premiership after the full times. 

Quite simply an abysmal level of coverage for supporters of other clubs. Needless to say that's the last time I'm tuning into that piping hot garbage. f**k off Sportsound. 

I listened to it on the way home, and got some hopeless analysis from the likes of crichton saying how Livi were doing really well.............lost 3 matches on the bounce before today, ffs.

Apparently she also moaned that Hibs "play a lot of teams reduced to 9 or 10 men" as if any of the red cards (except the Lundstrom one) were not 100% justified !

I did catch the McInnes interview, but then Kenny Mac was babbling on about how "Biscuits Preston" was flying off to see one of his clients in England (Billy Gilmour) AS IF I GIVE A f**k.

Jesus f**k, Dick Gordon but at the very least knew what fans wanted post match - analysis, scores, interviews then wind it up before the news headlines.

McIntyre has just said that Montrose won against Peterhead despite playing for the majority of the game with 10 men. Rory McAllister was sent off right on half time. However credit to him for mentioning the match and actually knowing that Montrose had someone sent off.
Pedants will point out he was correct though.