Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

A lot of people I know seem to think she is good at media work and should get more of it.

This astonishes me, as she havers complete shite on pretty much every topic she ever talks about. But she speaks in a measured tone of voice and sounds earnest, so some people think she's clever.

She's as bad as anyone else on Sportsound/Sportscene.

Her contribution yesterday was appallingly stupid.

I don't mind her really, just find her bland, but she utterly enrages my wife: whenever LC comes on screen my mrs will have to leave the room, putting on an exaggerated Glaswegian accent saying "Leannnnnne... pure adenoid city".

It's hilarious. 

On 27/08/2022 at 18:10, Rugbypark said:

On and on and on about a refereeing decision while the rest of us are waiting on our Manager’s reactions from today. 

Thought that when I listened to the podcast yesterday 

It was a fucking atrocious decision that merited discussion but not 45 minutes worth ffs 

I have a suspicion that they’ve had so many technical issues with live interviews that they pre record manager reactions and fill time while it’s being done. They are just extremely bad at filling time. 

Goodwins interview on Saturday was definitely pre recorded. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Just the agent rep of the manager and about 4-5 of the squad.

Quite often linked in the media for players his agency represent as well. "Sources tell us" kinda thing 🥱

That makes it very amusing that he was sat on commentary yesterday saying how great saints recruitment had been 😂

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That makes it very amusing that he was sat on commentary yesterday saying how great saints recruitment had been 😂

He works for a large org but Saints linked with their players all the time. Unsure about the new signings. Don't think he represents Considine, Murphy or Carey though.

Drey Wright, David Wotherspoon & the Manager are three he definitely represents from memory, I'm sure there's a couple more.

It's not a criticism of Preston either. It's just from the outside looking in seems like the club don't have the ability to identify their own players so they'll see who big Al can recommend. The other recruitment methods Saints have are "who is available at Millwall" & signing the well known names like Considine etc. 

Preston was also paid a fee as part of the deal to sign Wallace Duffy a few years ago 😵 awful.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I know it's nothing new but BBC doing live radio coverage of the only fixture already on TV is so annoying. Completely dominates the updates feed (of all fixtures) too.

Of the 9 updates posted so far, 8 are about the *** game.

So, so sad and embarrassing. 

21 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I know it's nothing new but BBC doing live radio coverage of the only fixture already on TV is so annoying. Completely dominates the updates feed (of all fixtures) too.

From a purely selfish point of view when I’m listening/ watching Scottish football and have no dog in the fight I like watching whatever Scottish game is on tv and having open all mics in the background. During the week though they seem to never really cover any of the other games I’m assuming it’s a budget thing.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

From a purely selfish point of view when I’m listening/ watching Scottish football and have no dog in the fight I like watching whatever Scottish game is on tv and having open all mics in the background. During the week though they seem to never really cover any of the other games I’m assuming it’s a budget thing.

‘budget’ isn’t how you spell it

36 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Suck it up, diddies!

34 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Was coming onto this thread to have a gripe about that exact thing. Glad that it's not just me hacked off about it.

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Annan v Aberdeen has gone to extra time but they're only going for updates - I assume they don't have the rights to provide commentary?

Speaknig to Gio and talking about Europe much more important. 

There's been a worrying trend in just about all the BBC Scotland football content, that's been moving towards an even more OF based content recently. Most notably from AVftT and OtB, programing that was self evidently about the 'diddies' in Scottish Football. 

Sportsound on a Saturday has gotten almost unlistenable now, for all the reasons listed over the last 10 pages.  Richard Gordon is sounding even more calm, measured and knowledgeable on the Sunday shows. 

Sportscene has always been fucking rubbish, giving scant attention to anything that doesn't fit their OF biased narrative. 

I think it's attributable to: both cheeks in the CL group stages, the fallout of the lickspittle apologies from the BBC to get them back into Ibrox, Kenny MacIntyre spouting his pish unfettered or constrained by now being the lead anchor on the show, a ridiculous amount of mostly ex SEVCO players as pundits, Miller and Bonnar both suffering from early/advanced onset of 'Yer Da' and their obvious distain for anything thats not pertinent to their own clubs. 

It's a crying shame, for a supposedly national broadcaster to be pumping out the incessant pro OF guff.

Saturday's show was unlistenable. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

There's been a worrying trend in just about all the BBC Scotland football content, that's been moving towards an even more OF based content recently. Most notably from AVftT and OtB, programing that was self evidently about the 'diddies' in Scottish Football. 

Sportsound on a Saturday has gotten almost unlistenable now, for all the reasons listed over the last 10 pages.  Richard Gordon is sounding even more calm, measured and knowledgeable on the Sunday shows. 

Sportscene has always been fucking rubbish, giving scant attention to anything that doesn't fit their OF biased narrative. 

I think it's attributable to: both cheeks in the CL group stages, the fallout of the lickspittle apologies from the BBC to get them back into Ibrox, Kenny MacIntyre spouting his pish unfettered or constrained by now being the lead anchor on the show, a ridiculous amount of mostly ex SEVCO players as pundits, Miller and Bonnar both suffering from early/advanced onset of 'Yer Da' and their obvious distain for anything thats not pertinent to their own clubs. 

It's a crying shame, for a supposedly national broadcaster to be pumping out the incessant pro OF guff.

Saturday's show was unlistenable. 

What you basing this on?

BBC Scotland also don't control that output it's Studio Something

6 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

What you basing this on?

BBC Scotland also don't control that output it's Studio Something

I can't say I've watched every single episode despite enjoying the show, but the first set seemed to amost ignore them completely, it was like a show about the other 40 clubs in the SPFL. They've added more WSPFL stuff which is to be applauded but whereas in the past it was almost like they'd deliberately not pick a great goal/bit of skill/player to focus on in their chats there seems to be more clips of OF* goals, chats about their players etc, at least looking from outside. Still a hell of a lot more about the other 10 Premiership clubs and an incalculable amount more on everyone else buy I think it's fair to say there has been more OF* content in the last few runs?