Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It's 10 to 3 on a Saturday afternoon and not one bit of team news from any other game.

It's absolutely pathetic. I'm dreading when they actually bring in VAR because even without it they can't stop going on about it. Just another excuse, as if Kenny needs it, to go on about Old Firm games at the expense of every other team in the country. They've barely talked about anything else on any of the Saturday Sportsound's since the league season started. Aye, our referees are shite, this isn't a new development.

I'm not just huffing because I don't want to hear about United but most of the last hour picking over the bones and nothing from the lower leagues. Every time McIntyre tries to run through the scores he gets interrupted before L2 and never goes back to it.

I thought it might be an editorial decision but it's clear McIntyre just doesn't know/care enough.

Also Leanne should just be given the gig.

I'm not just huffing because I don't want to hear about United but most of the last hour picking over the bones and nothing from the lower leagues. Every time McIntyre tries to run through the scores he gets interrupted before L2 and never goes back to it.
I thought it might be an editorial decision but it's clear McIntyre just doesn't know/care enough.

Caught a bit today, If it wasn’t for Leanne the whole show would fall apart. The amount of times she had to remind Derek Ferguson or Miller to actually do their jobs was mental.

Listened to it today for the first time in ages. Fucking awful production.

Willie Collum sends two rangers players off and everyone of the snivelling little fucks spends all afternoon highlighting every foul in every other Premiership game going “well of that was a red card, why isn’t this?” Etc etc ad nauseam.  John Robertson a particularly nauseating toadying little welt. Used to think he was okay.

There was a spell initially where Derek Ferguson’s “I’ve saw him play a few times and he’s tooken to the system well” type patter was bearable because he was new and enthusiastic. He now just sounds like a stereotypical thick OF fan.  No one’s expecting perfect English, but he comes across as the village idiot.  

Allan Preston being too busy stuffing his fat pus to respond to a query on how the game was going midway through the first half was probably one of his better moments of punditry.

The female pundit, was it Ali Defoy(?) saying a ‘shot there from number 21’ and being unaware that it gets windy at Gayfield were also stand out moments.

Otherwise, thoroughly enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I noticed this too, he wasn’t even bothering to mention goals out with the open all mic games. I was driving and eventually got the Ayr goals when he read out the scores. First I’ve listened without Richard Gordon, and it is definitely a huge downgrade. 

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Just to be clear running through the scores every 20 minutes isn't good enough either even it can be managed uninterrupted. 

Gordon used to let you know pretty much every goal that went in across the SPFL - and would actually have something to say about it.

Instead we now have the interminable midweek Sportsound ripping into referees and looking for controversy in every corner.

Or exactly what everyone said would happen when McIntyre got the gig.

First time I've listened to it under McIntyre today and this sums it up. I don't want to hear about who hit the hardest shot or refereeing during the games, I want to hear scores, scorers and the key incidents.

For all those who slagged Richard Gordon off over the years, he held the show together. Leanne probably should get the gig and get Kenny back to pissing off Jack Ross.

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Just to be clear running through the scores every 20 minutes isn't good enough either even it can be managed uninterrupted. 

Gordon used to let you know pretty much every goal that went in across the SPFL - and would actually have something to say about it.

Instead we now have the interminable midweek Sportsound ripping into referees and looking for controversy in every corner.

Or exactly what everyone said would happen when McIntyre got the gig.

100% correct. I can’t believe the lack of coverage below the championship this year. Or, more accurately, unfortunately I can. 

It’s old firm, top flight, a wee bit of championship and VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR. 

Richard Gordon would always manage to run through the Highland and Lowland scores before they went off now you're lucky to get League 1. Leanne Crichton is holding the show together by a thread

Sportsound on a Saturday has recently been a bit of a shitshow at times, but at least there was the consolation that there was a semi-decent host in Richard Gordon keeping it on a reasonably even keel.  Now that Kenny Macintyre has come in with his blatantly obvious pro-Rangers viewpoint, the veneer of professionalism has completely wiped off.

Even looking at the live text on the BBC website, it seems they are desperate to paint Rangers as the victims today, giving it the big licks of 'if that's a red, surely that's a red' chat.  It feels as if they need a complete clean sweep, getting rid of some of the dead wood (Bonner, Willie Miller etc).  Unfortunately, I can't think of many other potential pundits they could bring in that would make a difference.

Agree with a lot of the comments re Kenny McIntyre. When the host should be detached, asking questions, listening to the responses, keeping the conversation on topic and moving it on when necessary McIntyre is actively involved, arguing  with the pundits and shouting them down.