Sportsound Watch

Absolute shite from 5pm. Driving back from the match where there was a full card bar 2 matches. All I heard was discussion and an interview on tomorrow's games and midweek games. Barely a mention of today's matches. Get McIntyre out of there.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Absolute shite from 5pm. Driving back from the match where there was a full card bar 2 matches. All I heard was discussion and an interview on tomorrow's games and midweek games. Barely a mention of today's matches. Get McIntyre out of there.

Yep, snap.  

Today was one of the worst editions of OAM I've ever listened to.

If it reels in some more Rangers supporters to listen, I'm sure BBC Scotland will be happy enough though.

Absolutely chronic.

Glad it's not just me fizzing at this! [emoji23]

As if I wasn't raging enough leaving Ochilview, the drive home listening to that shite tipped me over the edge.

Even in the Premiership, I knew the outcomes but not the actual results until I was nearly home just before 6.

An absolute shambles.

In the past, Richard Gordon had usually rounded up the results with scorers etc. by the time I was home from a game at Firhill.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

It'd instantly improve if they punted Preston. He just constantly talks over everybody, I had to put it off after half-time.

^^^

switched off in the huff after fifty minutes in Paisley 

Just to echo the comments about OAM yesterday, it was so poor. I got in the car at 1:45 to head to the Clyde game and heard almost nothing about any other game other than Rangers and most of the discussion wasn’t even about the St J but about Europe in midweek, with McIntyre extensively interviewing De Boer for about 15 minutes.

After the football and a five minute walk back to the car, there were a few lines on games just finished - they were rounding up Aberdeen/Motherwell - but then it was on to the midweek games and discussion on Hearts and Celtic again. I actually got the results from the other Scottish games - and a brief line on table toppers, form etc - on Five Live, a UK wide broadcaster.

I’ve noticed the lack of attention paid to the lower leagues since the opening OAM of the season and it’s really quite dreadful that it’s now turning into effectively another midweek edition of Sportsound, which I don’t listen to because I don’t care about hearing yet more chat on the OF.

Edited by Ignoramus

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Today was one of the worst editions of OAM I've ever listened to.

If it reels in some more Rangers supporters to listen, I'm sure BBC Scotland will be happy enough though.

Absolutely chronic.

On this point, I have no doubt this is the reason why the focus has so clearly shifted recently but it’s absolutely fanciful that Rangers fans are gonna suddenly start listening to Sportsound now. They’ve only just let the BBC back in to actually provide coverage on their games and they - as well as Celtic - are just waiting for the next grievance to play up to their fans about.

21 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

ETA: he also just said "the 5th side in the Dutch Eredivise beat one of our top teams" as if that should never happen. Hopefully another Eredivisie team absolutely fucks another Scottish team this week so he fucking learns

Anyone with half a brain wouldn’t be comparing the 5th placed team in the Eredivise to any team in our Premiership outside the OF. Financially they aren’t on the same level, and with all respect to Dundee United, the AZ team were evidently of a much higher calibre. That’s no sleight on United btw, who played brilliantly in the home leg. With the standard of the media in this country it’s no surprise to hear someone like McIntyre trying to distort the facts in order to put the boot in to one of our clubs. I very rarely listen to Sportsound, and I will be going out my way to avoid it from now on. It genuinely angers me that guys like Bonnar, Miller and McIntyre are taking  wage from a publicly funded broadcaster. 

I always remember the reaction to Celtic getting pasted 7-1 off PSG, and how the media were falling over themselves to tell anyone who would listen that Celtic just can’t compete financially with teams like that. It’s funny they never happened to mention the gulf in finances when Celtics £30,000,000 squad put 7 past St Mirren last season. 

The problems with OAM have been done to a death, but there’s real issues with how they handle commentaries as well. 

Every Celtic and Rangers game has to have one of their ex-players as a summariser, no exceptions. Yesterday you had Kenny Miller and today you’ve got Pat Bonner. There is a second co-commentator today - Steven Thompson, so not even an ex-Kilmarnock player. 

Got back in the car at 5.05. From then until 5.28 they discussed the United game in Europe from Thursday and the Killie v Celtic match the following day. They then discussed the Rangers game with an interview from the Rangers manager, nothing from the St Johnstone perspective. Then a discussion on the Aberdeen v Motherwell match with an interview with the Motherwell manager. Nothing from the Aberdeen perspective. Then a short discussion on Livingston v Hibs and an interview with the Livi manager. Nothing from the Hibs perspective. Then 3 minutes on the St Mirren v Ross County match and a quick interview with the St Mirren manager. Nothing from the Ross County perspective. Show over. I had been listening for 5 minutes short of an hour and no scores from the Championship, League 1 or League 2. Utterly pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Got back in the car at 5.05. From then until 5.28 they discussed the United game in Europe from Thursday and the Killie v Celtic match the following day. They then discussed the Rangers game with an interview from the Rangers manager, nothing from the St Johnstone perspective. Then a discussion on the Aberdeen v Motherwell match with an interview with the Motherwell manager. Nothing from the Aberdeen perspective. Then a short discussion on Livingston v Hibs and an interview with the Livi manager. Nothing from the Hibs perspective. Then 3 minutes on the St Mirren v Ross County match and a quick interview with the St Mirren manager. Nothing from the Ross County perspective. Show over. I had been listening for 5 minutes short of an hour and no scores from the Championship, League 1 or League 2. Utterly pathetic. 

I'm sure I've said this before, but unless there is a 5.30 kick off (which there is occasionally for cup competitions), the hour from 5pm to 6pm should be a full round-up of every game.

If there is a full SPFL card (and how often does that happen now on a Saturday?), that's 21 games. Even if you give them 2 minutes each, that's 42 minutes, and you have 18 minutes left to cover the HL and LL results, which IIRC would be roughly 1 minute per game for those two leagues.

33 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

First post match question asked was about the pitch.

Haha, f**k sake!

They were banging on about the pitch as if it had murdered a load of kids, and seemingly it was stopping Celtic 'playing their game'.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, f**k sake!

They were banging on about the pitch as if it had murdered a load of kids, and seemingly it was stopping Celtic 'playing their game'.

Thank God it stopped them then or it would have been 8.

This subject is the biggest load of crap that's ever talked about with regards to Scottish football.   I genuinely don't think we get any advantage from it and I always think these pitches favour the better football teams.