Sportsound Watch

22 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Been listening to Sportsound for more years than I care to remember but had to switch it off yesterday. Little information on what was happening in matches and too much discussion on the OF. McIntyre is ruining it along with the muppets they call pundits.

It’s so disrespectful to the other teams. I think there were 16 teams involved in matches being covered yesterday yet so much of the show was how VAR is bad, what a genius “Ange” is, how Rangers are doing in Europe. It was more like a downmarket Glasgow-centric show than something you’d expect from the BBC.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It’s so disrespectful to the other teams. I think there were 16 teams involved in matches being covered yesterday yet so much of the show was how VAR is bad, what a genius “Ange” is, how Rangers are doing in Europe. It was more like a downmarket Glasgow-centric show than something you’d expect from the BBC.

I was thinking the same thing. They should call this Clydesound and only broadcast to Glasgow. They can then have a separate BBC scotland show for everyone else and actually cover some of the other teams. 

18 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I don't get the hate for Tom EnglishIrish. He's sensible and knows his stuff.

Flaming pitchforks should be out for Bonner though. If he wants to go to Celtic Park every week he can pay for a season ticket out of his own pocket 

the-simpsons-homer-carjpg.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

11:45 start 15 mins build up for the second biggest game in this country man :lol: 

Doesn't feature an OF team so they don't give a f**k, if it was one of the bigot twins vs some diddy team you'd have a full hour talking about them.

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

11:45 start 15 mins build up for the second biggest game in this country man :lol: 

15 minutes is enough time for the line ups and some opinions, I usually turn over just before kick off anyway as I can't be arsed with pundits talking shite.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

15 minutes is enough time for the line ups and some opinions, I usually turn over just before kick off anyway as I can't be arsed with pundits talking shite.

I disagree.  Its a farce and basically no build up. 

Part of being relegated to third tier and below is that you drop off the radar a bit but Richard Gordon would always update the scores as they went in. Kelty faltering after relentless success, James McPake making a decent start (and young Lewis McCann rattling up his transfer value even more), Rhys McCabe making a great start - these are all things he’d have picked up on even though there wouldn’t have been reporters there. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Part of being relegated to third tier and below is that you drop off the radar a bit but Richard Gordon would always update the scores as they went in. Kelty faltering after relentless success, James McPake making a decent start (and young Lewis McCann rattling up his transfer value even more), Rhys McCabe making a great start - these are all things he’d have picked up on even though there wouldn’t have been reporters there. 

For the second week in a row there is absolutely no coverage of Leagues 1 & 2 on the BBC Scotland website. Apart from the scores. It's a slippery slope to only covering Celtic and Rangers. 

5 hours ago, bennett said:

That's perfectly valid and I'm sure many other listeners feel the same. The issue is that there is no consistency though - if either of the OF are involved in a game, it's 30-45 mins of build-up minimum.

1 minute ago, For Your Pies Only said:

That's perfectly valid and I'm sure many other listeners feel the same. The issue is that there is no consistency though - if either of the OF are involved in a game, it's 30-45 mins of build-up minimum.

Next week’s Sunday programme starts at 11.45am.