Sportsound Watch

Broadfoot is articulate and has a grasp of the rules and how things work. This makes it extremely easy for him to make the average Sportsound pundit look a bit silly. 

It’s very clear he has an agenda though and is only there for one reason. 

10 hours ago, A96 said:

Got any specific example of Broadfoot misrepresenting what others have said ?.....or using rhetoric and soundbites?

I think he's usually a worthwhile contributor with his inside track on the workings of the Scottish football authorities.  Certainly more knowledgeable than some of the ex-pros on matters to do with the governance of the game , as opposed to actual football chat.

Inside track on the workings of the authorities? Is this some kind of joke? Do you know who he is and what he's paid to do?

It's like saying this laddie 'had the inside track' on the Iraqi government and how the invasion was progressing.

image.jpeg.5db8631051834cbf4fdd4479c97e8861.jpeg

I'm afraid I wasn't noting down specific examples as he was going, no. But just listen to him in any debate. He does it all the time.

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Here's an example of something related, him making something up and then just hiding away when he's called out about it.

Making something up and using a fancy word to give the impression he knows what he's on about and in the hope people will back off.

I think he's my least favourite person to get a gig in the media. I hate what he gets away with.

Knows what he's doing though, and is in the right job. So, in that sense, fair play to him.

That was pretty terrible. Come back Richard Gordon, all is forgiven!!!

The VAR debate was tedious at best, contrived at worst. Although I thought that the quip about Willie Millar and VAR was top notch.

Reminded me of the worst years of Jim Trayonr's phone ins, except the wallopers were in the studio. 

I don't mind Willie, but he should have been jottered last year for comparing a player walking on to the pitch (rather than running) to a Rastafarian/Bob Marley/Jamaican ( I can't remember the exact word). Needless to say, the guy was black, xenophobic pr!ck Willie.

On 31/07/2022 at 00:46, JagsCG said:

The problem with that would be that Pat Bonner knows little about every other team in the division so there’d be no point regularly sending him to cover non-Celtic games. 
Alternatively, he should be part of a big clear-out by the BBC along with the likes of Miller and “Biscuits”. 

or Willie must stay !

There are occasions where having Broadfoot on makes perfect sense, but it should be treated in the same way as having eg a club chairman or Chief Executive on. If there's a discussion about something relating to the SFA then he can participate in it to represent their side of the argument with the presenter making explicit reference to his status as an SFA employee, in the same way that if they get Dave Cormack on to discuss the performance of an Aberdeen manager he's there in his capacity as the Aberdeen Chairman and isn't able to portray himself as a neutral observer.

23 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

There are occasions where having Broadfoot on makes perfect sense, but it should be treated in the same way as having eg a club chairman or Chief Executive on. If there's a discussion about something relating to the SFA then he can participate in it to represent their side of the argument with the presenter making explicit reference to his status as an SFA employee, in the same way that if they get Dave Cormack on to discuss the performance of an Aberdeen manager he's there in his capacity as the Aberdeen Chairman and isn't able to portray himself as a neutral observer.

Dave is always the most objective guy in the room.

You are right though, the problem is with broadfoot is that it’s quite rare for them to have a pundit than can actually articulate a reasonable counter argument. 

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Dave is always the most objective guy in the room.

You are right though, the problem is with broadfoot is that it’s quite rare for them to have a pundit than can actually articulate a reasonable counter argument. 

Do they have any pundits who could articulate a reasonable counter argument? I genuinely can't think of any.

Tom English at least possesses the ability to speak English properly, but I'm ruling him out because he knows next to nothing about football.

19 minutes ago, Darren said:

Do they have any pundits who could articulate a reasonable counter argument? I genuinely can't think of any.

Tom English at least possesses the ability to speak English properly, but I'm ruling him out because he knows next to nothing about football.

Wouldn’t say so. Michael Stewart used to try very hard. 

I often agreed with Stewart’s sentiment but got frustrated at him not articulating it and then eventually getting petty about it. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Wouldn’t say so. Michael Stewart used to try very hard. 

I often agreed with Stewart’s sentiment but got frustrated at him not articulating it and then eventually getting petty about it. 

Uses lots of big words. Not always in the right context or order, unfortunately. He was going on about "biomechanics" again last night 😅

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

Commentary from both Ibrox and Dingwall :lol:

They dont even try to mask it............

Kenny Hunintyre - "Mark, you will be looking for a big reaction from Rangers today"

Hateley "Alfredo Morelos has been their talisman for the recent future, past whatever you want to call it" 🤪

Fucking hopeless, fucking biased, fucking BBC

Edited by Leith Green

Tom English asking a stupid question about Boyle.  Do you think that the 3 million they got for Boyle has bankrolled the current squad?

No Tom.  Because Hibs could refuse to sign him and then they still owe us money.  Also if we needed that cash we would’ve said so.

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

14:21 before any acknowledgment of games other than Rangers’ and Celtic’s.

Yeah - turned on to hopefully hear about the transfer signing of the summer instead had to listen to the creaming over being back at ibroke.