Sportsound Watch

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Kenny McIntyre, "if a club doesn't have a big screen will they still get VAR?" F*ck*ng hell.

He knows fine well but he's trying to stir up 'controversy' and 'debate'. He's a tabloid moron basically.

4 hours ago, captainkev said:

Yeah it's still early days for McIntyre in the job, but it's indicative about what most of the rest of them view as a priority with this gig. Arguing amongst themselves rather than focusing on what's going on in games.

And that was utterly ridiculous from Preston for the Hearts goal too. Screaming about Hearts going 1-0 up on the opening game of the season as if it's an Aguero-esque last gasp title decider. He needs punted alongside a few others.

Also, Leanne Crichton has just reacted to a United red card quicker than Chic Young even though she's watching on a delay.

Every single one of them needs punter.

4 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Kenny Mcintyre just doesn’t suit this role at all. Far too aggressive 

It's his stupid wee act, just like the scumbag morons on places like GMB. 

2 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Macintyre said on OFTB today that he interviewed for his post. Fucking hell, what must the rest of the candidates  been like

OFTB?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Alan Preston just before the end of Sportsound, “the woodwork saved Hearts twice in the first half”. I mean, in 2022 football “pundits” still think that the posts and the bar can move to block a shot.

And that they're wood. When was the last time the goal frame was actually wood?

48 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is he? I don’t think he has a particularly great voice for the radio but not sure he says anything too daft or ill informed? 

His voice is literally the whole point of his job, and everything about it is all wrong. The actual sound of him is irritating and his intonation often makes it sound like he's a work-in-progress AI which is still being programmed to learn how to speak English.

2 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

There are / were quite a few managers under pressure though

True. All managers are. But should that the first and main topic to introduce a new season when there are plenty of positives? McIntyre is negative, aggressive, interrupts and seems to think all that and shouting makes a good discussion. He is the gutter press of radio.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

His voice is literally the whole point of his job, and everything about it is all wrong. The actual sound of him is irritating and his intonation often makes it sound like he's a work-in-progress AI which is still being programmed to learn how to speak English.

All opinions but I think that’s ludicrously harsh on the guy. 

It’s not ‘the whole point’ of his job, although I’d concede it’s a significant part of peoples enjoyment.

But it sounds a lot like you just have a problem with his accent, that doesn’t make him a terrible broadcaster. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

But it sounds a lot like you just have a problem with his accent, that doesn’t make him a terrible broadcaster. 

Quite rightly too, all right minded people agree that there is no place for an Aberdeenshire accent on a national broadcasting service 

8 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Quite rightly too, all right minded people agree that there is no place for an Aberdeenshire accent on a national broadcasting service 

Richard Gordon is the most loved broadcaster in the history of any media in any country, so unlucky. 

Willie Miller popping in to tell the rest of them to stop fighting was hilarious. Put them in their place astoundingly well.

The rest of that programme was embarrassing. It was just awful radio.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Yes. This is fact. And I’ll be saying nothing more on the matter. 

Off the top of my head, just keeping it Scottish, more "loved" sports broadcasters could potentially include Cosgrove, Bill McLaren, Derek Rae, Dougie Donnelly (the king) and, controversially/not for me, Andy Gray