Sportsound Watch

5 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Jane Lewis calling Coatbridge's team "Albion" and Maryhill's team "Partick" should be a sackable offence 

She said Dundee United twice when she was meaning Dundee.

I don't think I've heard that from a Scottish football pundit or presenter before. Sort of thing you expect from an English-based show.

And all she had to do today during the commentary game was score updates from the other games every 15 minutes or so...... God only knows what an arse she'd have made of trying to deal with Open All Mikes 

43 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Anyone who refers to Partick Thistle as 'Partick' instead of 'Thistle' is outing themselves as a total wrongun.

ICT are not 'Thistle'. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

Woof Rovers mate.  Pressed back to mate sure.  Woof Rovers :lol: 

They will be dancing in the streets of Woof tomorrow maybe.    Sheep v the Sheep Dugs. 

ICT are Calley imo.

37 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Anyone who refers to Partick Thistle as 'Partick' instead of 'Thistle' is outing themselves as a total wrongun.

ICT are not 'Thistle'. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

That's how it was but not necessarily how it is from all perspectives.

When Derek Johnstone (employ the idiom of P&B and let that sink in) was employed by our state broadcaster he was asked who might prevail in a contest including and extending to Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Partick Thistle.

His answer ....

"Thistle"

This highland listener was briefly bemused before understanding that ignorant parochialism was being imposed upon the populace.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

I don't think I've heard that from a Scottish football pundit or presenter before. Sort of thing you expect from an English-based show.

And all she had to do today during the commentary game was score updates from the other games every 15 minutes or so...... God only knows what an arse she'd have made of trying to deal with Open All Mikes 

Obviously your first time listening to Jane Lewis then

1 hour ago, A96 said:

To be fair she’s only been doing this for about 20 years

Im surprised Sky Sports hasn’t snapped her up yet 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They will be dancing in the streets of Woof tomorrow maybe.    Sheep v the Sheep Dugs. 

ICT are Calley imo.

Keith Jackson used to refer to my team with a word that sounded a lot like ceilidh.

(it's not to late to say you're sorry)

Could they no have stuck Jane Lewis on the Euros on at the moment and gie us peace for a wee while?

Thing is the worse she bawses up the more she seems to be promoted.   Guaranteed she presents the BBC champions league highlights in a couple of years.  Can just picture Mikey Stewart laughing his arse off every time shes on. 

1 minute ago, sophia said:

Keith Jackson used to refer to my team with a word that sounded a lot like ceilidh.

(it's not to late to say you're sorry)

Ca-Ley. apologes if incorrect but its what ive heard the chant say at the end - Ca-ley. 

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

She also managed to thank everyone for their help with tomorrows show when she was wrapping up todays one.

I must admit that my perspective didn't include the middle part of today's broadcast but I was determined to give her an even break and I was content that she avoided the nonsense like answering her own questions.

Then came the excruciating sign off.

This is on the BBC.

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

I must admit that my perspective didn't include the middle part of today's broadcast but I was determined to give her an even break and I was content that she avoided the nonsense like answering her own questions.

Then came the excruciating sign off.

This is on the BBC.

It'd be fabulous if at some point she would ask someone a question that wasn't just her making a statement followed by 'isn't it?'.

45 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

ICT are Calley imo.

They are no more Caley than they are Thistle.

They are Inverness, or ICT.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

That's how it was but not necessarily how it is from all perspectives.

When Derek Johnstone (employ the idiom of P&B and let that sink in) was employed by our state broadcaster he was asked who might prevail in a contest including and extending to Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Partick Thistle.

His answer ....

"Thistle"

This highland listener was briefly bemused before understanding that ignorant parochialism was being imposed upon the populace.

To be fair, when Clydebank were sharing Cappielow, Big DJ spent a whole show referring to them as Morton.

33 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They are no more Caley than they are Thistle.

They are Inverness, or ICT.

Must be the renegades that go clap clap clap clap Caley then.  Never heard them ever refer to Thistle when any chant or that though. 

11 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Must be the renegades that go clap clap clap clap Caley then.  Never heard them ever refer to Thistle when any chant or that though. 

f**k them though. Caley are no more than a Frankensteined portion of the new club (as are Thistle).

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

It'd be fabulous if at some point she would ask someone a question that wasn't just her making a statement followed by 'isn't it?'.

Or that is wasn’t 17 paragraphs long and by the fucking time she miraculously reaches the end of the question, she hadn’t fucking answered it for them 

Half time round up Ross county were drawing 0-0  only to correct herself later there were 2-0 up, is she only there to keep the BBC diversity compliance up? If they are looking to use a female broadcaster then Eilidh Barbour would be far more competent, Christ even Leanne Crichton would be, perhaps she has dirt on BBC Scotland management