Sportsound Watch

Thought McLeod did fine as anchor. More than I'm expecting from Macintyre. Surely that is Chic Young retiring in shame. That performance in the penalty shoot out was dreadful bordering on senility. Sure he retires on the back of it?

32 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I know. Me and the wife were asking each other how we had failed to notice you get a bonus point each for drawing the shoot out before we realised it was an absolutely ludicrous scenario and it was Chick Young that was involved. 

I’ve always thought the Walter Smith “Brian Laudrup” thing was horrible bullying by a bigoted boor.  I now realise Chick Young deserved all of it. 

30 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I can't stand MacLeod as a commentator, but i thought he was really good in the anchor role this afternoon. 

Yeah, he even seemed to have some of the pundits volume turned down so they couldn't scream 'CHANCE!' whilst another pundit was describing a goal.

Thought he was excellent and much better in this role than as a commentator.

58 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Thought McLeod did fine as anchor. 

He constantly asked people a question and then when they started to answer continued to talk over them.

Chic missing the penalty was hilarious but the fact that he fooled the whole nation by just making up a competition rule is up there with Orston Wells 'War of the Worlds'.

7 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

He constantly asked people a question and then when they started to answer continued to talk over them.

Chic missing the penalty was hilarious but the fact that he fooled the whole nation by just making up a competition rule is up there with Orston Wells 'War of the Worlds'.

Does Orson Welles know about this?

50 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I know he missed that Falkirk had won but I thought they said that neither team would get a bonus point if level after 5 penalties apiece.

He didn’t. He doubled down and said they would get a point a piece. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:
He didn’t. He doubled down and said they would get a point a piece. 

I took that as a point apiece for drawing the game because one of the pundits then said they had missed the opportunity in the penalties.

That’s how I took what he said too, each side gets a point for drawing but they each miss out on the bonus point 😂 

26 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:
That’s how I took what he said too, each side gets a point for drawing but they each miss out on the bonus point emoji23.png 

What's the reason for this rule? Seems bizarre. In

Chick Young made it up. He thought Falkirk missed a penalty and it ended 4-4 instead of 5-4

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty certain Chick Young said both teams would get a bonus point for drawing the penalty shoot out.

Daft old tit. 

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:
That’s how I took what he said too, each side gets a point for drawing but they each miss out on the bonus point emoji23.png 

What's the reason for this rule? Seems bizarre. In

9 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Chick Young made it up. He thought Falkirk missed a penalty and it ended 4-4 instead of 5-4

4.11 In the event that at full time in a Group Match the score is tied or there have been no goals scored then each Club or club shall be allocated 1 point and Penalty Kicks shall be taken, with the winners of the Penalty Kick competition being awarded a further 1 bonus point.

Chic thought that the penalties ended at 5 kicks each which is not the case.