Sportsound Watch

4 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Agree with the first part but I generally listen when I can't make a game and much prefer OAM to a dedicated commentary and Richard Gordon was very good at pulling that together.

I've only really listened when I know one half of the Old Firm will be having a meltdown but the guy Gordon Duncan who hosts Radio Clyde's show always seems professional and balanced and I thought they might have looked at him (probably helps that he's a 'Well fan and Clyde only pretend to have a passing interest in us). Who knows, maybe Clyde pay better?

Totally agree with you. I’ve listened to a fair number of Superscoreboard podcasts and Gordon Duncan is a superb host, who is always in control of the various idiotic pundits that Clyde have on the different shows. BBC Scotland have missed a trick there. McIntyre does not have the control required for the role he is taking on.

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

An idiotic comment - worthy of someone with a hard-earned forum reputation of minus 1,126.

With an Ibrox sympathiser in charge, Bennett will at least stop his ludicrous anti-Rangers BBC Scotland bias posts. 🤔

17 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

Jobs for the boys, BBC Scotland’s way. I listen/watch less and less.

Agreed. There's plenty on here who won't cut their tuning in though - and will keep the show alive by listening just to moan about it on here.

Also ; I had to do about 4 takes of your avatar as I thought it was a play button in the middle of it. Serious pizza box vibes. :lol:

Agreed. There's plenty on here who won't cut their tuning in though - and will keep the show alive by listening just to moan about it on here.
Also ; I had to do about 4 takes of your avatar as I thought it was a play button in the middle of it. Serious pizza box vibes. [emoji38]
There really isn't much alternative when it comes to updates and goal news.

On 06/07/2022 at 13:57, VincentGuerin said:

Great news for people who like lots of unnecessary aggressive shouting and shoe-horned controversy on their Saturday afternoons.

Dreadful, dreadful news. I can't believe the BBC still employ this guy.

They employ Pat Bonner. Proof if it was ever needed that the BBC Sportsound team don’t take broadcasting ability into consideration when deciding on who to employ. It would be funny if it wasn’t tax payers money being used to pay these guys a not insignificant wage to ride along on the BBC gravy train. I assume because the BBC is state funded that the money these guys are making is available to the public? Would be interesting to see how much some of the regulars are getting paid for their contributions, and how much we are paying in order to send Pat Bonner around the country following Celtic. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Chick Young missing Falkirk scoring a penalty. 

Haha, heard that! He thought that the penalties ended 4-4 and so each team got a bonus point.

What would be the point in that if both teams in a game could get a bonus point?

Amusing.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That should be the end of Chick Young. Absolutely unbelievable. He’s a moron. 

Incredible 

I was having a rant to myself in the kitchen about what a stupid rule that was before Liam McLeod had to inform Chick Falkirk had won

Someone put him out of his misery 

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Incredible 

I was having a rant to myself in the kitchen about what a stupid rule that was before Liam McLeod had to inform Chick Falkirk had won

Someone put him out of his misery 

I know. Me and the wife were asking each other how we had failed to notice you get a bonus point each for drawing the shoot out before we realised it was an absolutely ludicrous scenario and it was Chick Young that was involved. 

What a pathetic standard of commentator Chick Young really is and it's time he retires from commentating. 

A penalty shoot out finishing 4-4 and a bonus point each for both teams 😂😂

I have never heard anything so preposterous on a long time.