Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

What?

He's an arch sticky bun.

He doesn’t make a secret of it ..... by the same token Richard Gordon never made a secret about being a Red.

3 minutes ago, A96 said:

He doesn’t make a secret of it ..... by the same token Richard Gordon never made a secret about being a Red.

True. But I'd disagree he doesn't over-do it.

Basically, he's a broadcaster with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Should be on Radio Clyde.

5 minutes ago, A96 said:

The difference is that Richard Gordon never let his support for Aberdeen cloud his judgement during interviews and discussions. The only time it was really acknowledged was for comic effect, similar to Jeff Stelling's support for Hartlepool.

On more than one occasion, Kenny Macintyre has behaved like a ranting fan on a phone-in when "discussing" controversial topics surrounding Rangers.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

The main positive is it’s not Jane Lewis.

In other news, that’s the first time I’ve seen a picture of Kenny Macintyre, and yet somehow I always knew he looked like that 

You always knew he looked like a big toe?

17 minutes ago, The Master said:

The difference is that Richard Gordon never let his support for Aberdeen cloud his judgement during interviews and discussions. The only time it was really acknowledged was for comic effect, similar to Jeff Stelling's support for Hartlepool.

On more than one occasion, Kenny Macintyre has behaved like a ranting fan on a phone-in when "discussing" controversial topics surrounding Rangers.

Has he?....... Must’ve been ones that I never heard then.

Far from a fan but MacIntyre is a better choice than both David Currie and Jane Lewis so it’s no surprise he’s got the gig. If Richard Gordon was going to be replaced by a genuinely good appointment, it would’ve meant the BBC bringing in someone not already in their established clique and that was unlikely.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

There'll be plenty examples, but after Rangers' last visit to Tannadice he was frothing at the mouth about some debatable decisions.

If it were any other team, I doubt McIntyre would have been quite so animated.

At least with him doing the Saturday show he might be on less during the week so less often having to listen to his crappy, desperate for tabloidy headlines interviews from random ex old-firm players.

I remember hearing McIntyre talking to players from the late 90s/00s and  he always brought the conversation round to not just Rangers, but Barry Ferguson in particular.

I’m sure once he was talking to someone about their best team-mates or opponents and once they’d answered a couple of questions without giving the response McIntyre was fishing for he just came out and said “Let’s talk about Barry Ferguson then. What made him so good?” 

I wonder why they continue to pretend to care about Scottish football and don't just go full Sevco/Celtic? They're almost there anyway. Shitebags.

Edited by DA Baracus

Jobs for the boys, BBC Scotland’s way. I listen/watch less and less.
Agree with the first part but I generally listen when I can't make a game and much prefer OAM to a dedicated commentary and Richard Gordon was very good at pulling that together.

I've only really listened when I know one half of the Old Firm will be having a meltdown but the guy Gordon Duncan who hosts Radio Clyde's show always seems professional and balanced and I thought they might have looked at him (probably helps that he's a 'Well fan and Clyde only pretend to have a passing interest in us). Who knows, maybe Clyde pay better?