Sportsound Watch

Kenny McIntyre sounds like one of these angry guys in the pub wanting to fight someone. Eilidh Barbour would be my choice. Not only is she professional but it would piss off Cowan and all the other misogynists.

On 16/05/2022 at 17:21, VincentGuerin said:

Willie Miller isn't actually knowledgeable.

He tells the listener little about the game that you don't already know. His playing career was in an era now so long ago that he has nothing to offer in terms of technical expertise, and he was soon emptied out of being a coach (about thirty years ago). His technical knowledge doesn't extend beyond stuff we know ourselves, like that the defender was caught on the wrong side, or the attacker held the ball too long so his team-mate was caught offside. There's nothing he has to offer that illuminates, and certainly nothing befitting the status he seems to have.

His views on the game are a mile out of date, and even the things he says about 'mentality' etc etc are based on his experiences decades ago.

He really has nothing to offer in terms of actual useful expertise. Add in that he doesn't do basic research, knows very little about the teams he's watching, has no enthusiasm for the game, and is an inarticulate mess, and we have a fucking weird choice for a pundit.

He's really fucking dreadful.

"I only regret that I have but one greenie to give to this post."

On 19/05/2022 at 12:25, Merkland Red said:

Derek Ferguson is thick as f**k but you always get the impression he's delighted to be paid to watch games of football. Probably one of my favourites on OAM.

Chris Iwelumo is similar - albeit considerably smarter than Ferguson.

I suppose Ally McCoist is the best example of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Grant genuinely has no business in football. The guy is an atrocious manager and has zero idea about the game.

He's just claimed that Craig Gordon had very little to do last night. I must have imagined the numerous saves he made and the numerous times he was asked to play the ball.

Grant also claimed that the result and performance was 'nothing to do' with the manager.

Some genuinely nice tributes to Richard Gordon there 
The big man in tears 
Top guy 

Lovely tribute tbf. He has his failings but Saturday afternoons won't be the same again. Brilliant presenter.

30 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

No he isn't. 

Biased xenophobic c**t.

Can't ever say I've noticed him being biased towards his club, Aberdeen. 

Oh, you mean him favoring Scotland, on Radio Scotland covering a Scottish International game? 

OIP.OCJQo1fVVcgS5HYacVrH0gHaEK?pid=ImgDe

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Can't ever say I've noticed him being biased towards his club, Aberdeen. 

Oh, you mean him favoring Scotland, on Radio Scotland covering a Scottish International game? 

OIP.OCJQo1fVVcgS5HYacVrH0gHaEK?pid=ImgDe

I mean him carrying certain incidents over into club games. 

And ignoring similar behaviour from Scottish players.

You wouldn't necessarily know he was an Aberdeen fan,  except when he banged on about it, but it was clear there were clubs he didn't like.

7 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I mean him carrying certain incidents over into club games. 

And ignoring similar behaviour from Scottish players.

You wouldn't necessarily know he was an Aberdeen fan,  except when he banged on about it, but it was clear there were clubs he didn't like.

I can't remember him doing the majority of they things tbh.  I couldn't name a club for definite he doesn't like either, kinds of calls it like it is in a backwards manor.  It doesn't mean he's xenophobic even if he did call out a Hearts player for diving against Scotland, (on national radio, to a Scottish audience).  It's a bit like saying the whole of the ROI are racist towards the French after the Henry handball or the English to Portugal because of Ronaldo against them.  Where do you draw the line? 

Anyway, all the best to RG. I can see this won't even fractionally turn into any debate/discussion.  Just the whole world out to get Lithuania and Hearts at the time. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Peter Grant genuinely has no business in football. The guy is an atrocious manager and has zero idea about the game.

He's just claimed that Craig Gordon had very little to do last night. I must have imagined the numerous saves he made and the numerous times he was asked to play the ball.

Grant also claimed that the result and performance was 'nothing to do' with the manager.

I’ve said on this thread before that if Peter grant appeared on sportsound more frequently he would hands down be the worst contributor on there. He talks complete and utter shite every time. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve said on this thread before that if Peter grant appeared on sportsound more frequently he would hands down be the worst contributor on there. He talks complete and utter shite every time. 

It's not just that he talks shite. There's something quite unsettling about him. He makes me quite uncomfortable.

Also, 100% one of these fitba men who is always ready to claim that nobody who hasn't played or managed can have an opinion on anything to do with the game whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye he just speaks such utter bullshit. 

Him insinuating that he was only fired by us because he failed to win a single league game in 12 attempts is a bit disingenuous too. It's not that we failed to win, it's that we never looked like winning. We were shipping goals and hardly scoring any. We were disgracefully bad and sprinting towards automatic relegation. Crowds were way down. He nuked the club and did so much damage in such a short time, although he did us give comical lines about 'plates of confidence'.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's not just that he talks shite. There's something quite unsettling about him. He makes me quite uncomfortable.

Also, 100% one of these fitba men who is always ready to claim that nobody who hasn't played or managed can have an opinion on anything to do with the game whatsoever.

He does come across as a weirdo.

12 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yeah it’s hard to articulate but there’s something about his voice. 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye he just speaks such utter bullshit. 

Him insinuating that he was only fired by us because he failed to win a single league game in 12 attempts is a bit disingenuous too. It's not that we failed to win, it's that we never looked like winning. We were shipping goals and hardly scoring any. We were disgracefully bad and sprinting towards automatic relegation. Crowds were way down. He nuked the club and did so much damage in such a short time, although he did us give comical lines about 'plates of confidence'.

He does come across as a weirdo.

The conversation about the game last night was sportsound at its worst and he was the ringleader. Jim Duffy can be ok but even he got sucked into the ‘in my day…’ shite. Really boring; not insightful in the slightest and just plain I’ll informed.

Killie fans were ahead of the curve in disliking Peter Grant, he's been a hit of a hate figure amongst anyone aged about 35+ in our support on account of some sort of incident in a game at Rugby Park in 1994 (I think).

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Is Richard Gordon actually fucking off or is this another Chick Young retirement moment?

Leaving the Saturday show but will still be there on the Sunday show and any midweeks AFAIK.