Sportsound Watch

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Aye, plucky Cove, what an amazing rise, just how have they managed it, type of stuff.............

Yeah. The coverage of them recently on Sportsound hasn't been a million miles away from what Cove Radio would do.

I don't have a problem with Cove, I'm all for the deadwood being replaced by clubs with a bit about them. But it's been very arse-kissy.

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Wonder if this is a P/T role?

Probably suits him as he can stay in Glasgow and do the Sportsound stuff on Sundays then work on the Cove stories during the week.

They are going for a hybrid squad this year so maybe just depends on how much media work they’ll have.

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Wonder if this is a P/T role?

Probably suits him as he can stay in Glasgow and do the Sportsound stuff on Sundays then work on the Cove stories during the week.

He's moving back to the North East, according to the story on Cove website.

On 27/04/2022 at 19:50, Leith Green said:

The boy with the weird bulging eyes?

On 27/04/2022 at 19:53, Hoose Rice said:

Yes, now you come to mention it.  Gerry someone. 

Feldman?

Absolute end of an era - been listening to Sportsound since the mid/late 80s and remember his predecessor Derek Rae taking flight to the USA in'94 opening up the hotseat for RG to take over. Met him a few times over the years and a good guy - can only wish him all the best for the future but on personal note, sad he won't be the sound of satudays any more.

23 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Cove still have 8 players from the Highland League days - it's hardly like they've created a Cinch All Stars team.

OK, you win, let's call it a miracle and I look forward to watching the film........

That's an absolutely terrible picture. Makes him look skeletal.

He stays in Fintry, doesn't he? Always liked Ricardo. Remember the broadcast where Murdo Macleod came back after being off for a year or whatever defeating cancer. When Richard Gordon formally welcomed him back to the show he was so emotional he could barely speak, and Murdo was totally choked up too. Might have got some dust in my eye at that moment as well.

On 29/04/2022 at 13:33, Leith Green said:

OK, you win, let's call it a miracle and I look forward to watching the film........

The only players with any predigree at either Premier or Championship level are Fyvie (sorry, omitted accidently), Logan, Megginson, Reynolds and Vigurs. Could add Draper as well but he has barely featured this season for them.

Edited by cmontheloknow
too quick to type!

36 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The only players with any predigree at either Premier or Championship level are Logan, Megginson, Reynolds and Vigurs. Could add Draper as well but he has barely featured this season for them.

Fraser Fyvie no exist, naw?