Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

State of this. :lol:

So seething about a presenter you have to invent a scenario in your head to pretend he might be raging about something. 

Not at all, you read my post incorrectly.  I like Richard Gordon as a presenter and I feel it's a shame for him he's never done a Sportsound where his club won the Scottish Cup despite many other teams managing to do so :( 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not at all, you read my post incorrectly.  I like Richard Gordon as a presenter and I feel it's a shame for him he's never done a Sportsound where his club won the Scottish Cup despite many other teams managing to do so :( 

I'm sure he'll just be relieved to have seen his club win it more than once. Not something fans of every club can say.

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Who's the boy that packed in Clyde to go work on Celtc TV before sound wee Gordon came in?  That boy will get the Richard Gordon anchor gig. 

The boy with the weird bulging eyes?

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I'm sure he'll just be relieved to have seen his club win it more than once. Not something fans of every club can say.

Probably so, still a shame he didn't get the glory of doing so in his 30 years of presenting the show.  Never mind :)

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

If the BBC and Sportsound wanted to transform itself and take itself in a new direction they would do a lot worse than employing Gordon Smart to take over.  He's brilliant on Talksport and is very knowledgeable of the Scottish game.   Jim Leishman being his father in law adds another bow for him also. 

Gordon Smart was meant to have one of the main shows on Murdoch's new GB news alternative, not sure if he's still doing it but i think that would rule him out of a BBC gig. He'd be a good choice if available though, as would Gordon Duncan. They definitely need to freshen it up, it's beginning to die on it's arse (or has been dead for years) and just giving it to the next sub standard in-house dullard waiting in line wouldn't revitalise it.

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Gordon Smart was meant to have one of the main shows on Murdoch's new GB news alternative, not sure if he's still doing it but i think that would rule him out of a BBC gig. He'd be a good choice if available though, as would Gordon Duncan. They definitely need to freshen it up, it's beginning to die on it's arse (or has been dead for years) and just giving it to the next sub standard in-house dullard waiting in line wouldn't revitalise it.

I would agree with all of that.  If he's part of Talk Sport then he might be doing the telly show but he's been on off the ball a couple times too and should be at least asked the question.   Gordon Duncan does a great job and I can see him moving on in the future for a bigger role on Sky, another very good should.  Either of them coming in would give it a compete boost.   The dread I have for it being one of the norm is probably the reality. 

This will be really interesting to see what they do with a Saturday programme that has been treading water for years. 

Richard Gordon will be a loss but it gives the BBC a chance to really shake things up.

Jane Lewis it is then... 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Could have been one for two on his watch.

I'm just a bit sorry for Gordon, as an Aberdeen fan he's never presented the show when Aberdeen have won the Scottish Cup.  Even more disappointing for him when you look who have won it:

Celtic

Rangers

Hibs

Hearts

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Kilmarnock 

Inverness

Is the petrofc final on a Sunday?  Perhaps he can host the show with Aberdeen in the final next season - all the best RG. :)

That’s nice.

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Naw it's that Joe 90 lookalike Gerry something.

You're on the right lines with the Gerry Anderson connection.

However, it's not Joe 90 but Thunderbirds. Thunderbirds was the last Gerry Anderson series where the puppets used entirely mechanical internal devices to move the eyes, lips etc and as a result their heads were way too big in proportion to their bodies, just like Gerry McCulloch (from Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 onwards the puppets used electronics and their heads were proportionate).

That's Gerry "Thunderbird puppet heid" McCulloch.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You're on the right lines with the Gerry Anderson connection.

However, it's not Joe 90 but Thunderbirds. Thunderbirds was the last Gerry Anderson series where the puppets used entirely mechanical internal devices to move the eyes, lips etc and as a result their heads were way too big in proportion to their bodies, just like Gerry McCulloch (from Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 onwards the puppets used electronics and their heads were proportionate).

That's Gerry "Thunderbird puppet heid" McCulloch.

You are bang on. Huge mistake by me, but my excuse is watching the Liverpool match 😁

I’m not sure how you could dislike Richard Gordon, he pretty much carries buffoons like Willie Miller and Bonner and is impartial as they come really. Was disappointed to hear this and I fear it’s going to be a total shit show now.

Edited by gannonball