Sportsound Watch

7 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I had to listen to the second half on my drive to work, listening to Willie Miller & Craig Levein was fucking murder.

Levein had one particularly incisive contribution - "we will have to play whoever we are drawn against, but on tonights performance we can play anyone"

Money for old rope

Whats happened to Mikey Stewart?  They binned him for Potter because he calls out the **** all the time? 

We need more Thommo on Sportsound.  Every single time he's on he's just sarcastic and taking the piss.  The guy has a fantastic sense of humour. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

Willie Miller is of no value to sports radio presenting whatsoever. He’s generally uninformed, and doesn’t appear to do any pre-show research. He always sounds like someone has woken him up from a snooze, and doesn’t know what the other presenter is saying. His irritating “wasn’t it?” and “isn’t it?” shit winds me up too “so it does”. 🙄

16 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Willie Miller is of no value to sports radio presenting whatsoever. He’s generally uninformed, and doesn’t appear to do any pre-show research. He always sounds like someone has woken him up from a snooze, and doesn’t know what the other presenter is saying. His irritating “wasn’t it?” and “isn’t it?” shit winds me up too “so it does”. 🙄

You've also described Derek Ferguson and Alan Preston. 

26 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

90% of the pundits on Sportsound are shite and uninformed.

No one is more annoying to me than Allan "Biscuits" Preston. Basically acts like its Hearts TV and on top of that "contributes" by talking absolute shit about players on his books and inane quiz questions.

Utterly useless p***k. 

Not to mention Chick Young who whilst he has always been awful also now may genuinely suffer from Dementia IMO.

Edited by afc_blockhead

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

No one is more annoying to me than Allan "Biscuits" Preston. Basically acts like its Hearts TV and on top of that "contributes" by talking absolute shit about players on his books and inane quiz questions.

Utterly useless p***k. 

Not to mention Chick Young who whilst he has always been awful also now may genuinely suffer from Dementia IMO.

“Biscuits” is a moron. I don’t know a single Hearts supporter, in the real world, who likes him. 

18 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You've also described Derek Ferguson and Alan Preston. 

Ferguson is bad for the “so it was”, and “isn’t it” shtick as well. Think it’s he who also keeps trotting out the “yer man” patter. Excruciating.

2 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Utterly useless p***k. 

I almost feel dirty sending you that greenie, but I cant argue with any of that.

Preston, as it happens, grew up in Leith as a Rangers fan - part of me, perhaps cynically, suspects that it helps his business to be "a hearts fan" (although I dont know how many hearts players are on his books).

Derek Ferguson is sometimes derided for his apparent lack of education and how he talks.

However, he seems to know football and is incredibly positive and bubbly about our game.

I also like the fact that he spent so much time with his local team - Hamilton - rather than taking the "easy" route of ex ***/tic pundits like that p***k Kris Boyd and his alter ego Kris Commons.