Sportsound Watch

53 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am listening to the BBC Scotland "Euro Breakfast show" - holy suffering f**k, this is tedious and boring shite..........and its the first match in a major comp for 23 years.

Kenny McIntyre, Tom English - what a time to be alive

It’s quite funny, the two of them spend 95% of the time on the radio bleating about contrived controversy and negativity and here they are with their contrived cheeriness and positivity. 

It’s almost like they’re just two shite broadcasters with no personality. 

On 14/06/2021 at 07:51, Leith Green said:

I am listening to the BBC Scotland "Euro Breakfast show" - holy suffering f**k, this is tedious and boring shite..........and its the first match in a major comp for 23 years.

Kenny McIntyre, Tom English - what a time to be alive

I'm just catching up with a few podcasts whilst at work. The Euro Breakfast show from the 15th, I'm halfway through it and for once Neil Lennon speaks very well and is easy to listen to. Wtf is going on!

55 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I'm just catching up with a few podcasts whilst at work. The Euro Breakfast show from the 15th, I'm halfway through it and for once Neil Lennon speaks very well and is easy to listen to. Wtf is going on!

Is he not fairly pleasant when he's not involved with Celtic?  It's like when level headed Rangers fans talk about anything other than Rangers, they're fairly sound, but as soon as the subject moves onto them, they turn into raging, bigoted simpletons.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is he not fairly pleasant when he's not involved with Celtic?  It's like when level headed Rangers fans talk about anything other than Rangers, they're fairly sound, but as soon as the subject moves onto them, they turn into raging, bigoted simpletons.

Have tried this theory upon the straightforward topic of small nations and their natural and laudable quest for self-determination.

Would not recommend.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have tried this theory upon the straightforward topic of small nations and their natural and laudable quest for self-determination.

Would not recommend.

Aye sorry, Rangers and Wee Nippy/Jimmy Krankie' then.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'd heard and read about this a lot but had never actually experienced it until recently when a new work colleague went completely off on one after being asked why Rangers had been left to die by their fans when other clubs had been saved by their supporters. The amount of anger and venom that came flowing out at every club imaginable and the SFA was incredible whilst the volume of the perceived injustices only got louder as she continued. 

On 07/06/2021 at 15:28, Steve McQueen said:

I noticed over the weekend that Levein now thinks Brechin were harshly dealt with!

On 07/06/2021 at 15:35, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Yeah, he never quite got round to explaining that one.

Some fresh blood on the shows to start shipping these freeloaders out would be welcomed.

I rather think that Levein's dry as a stick joke was lost on you 

Willie Miller was on OTB today and had the front to complain about arrogant English commentators who didn't know players names back in his playing days. Apparently they only knew Old Firm players and weren't interested in the rest.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

• 1 month later...

Richard Gordon laughing at Jay Emmanuel-Thomas having a good game on Thursday. Implied that Leanne Crichton also thought he would be shite. 

If you couldn't see his talent based on the 2nd part of last season, you have got to be a complete moron. The guy will stroll it with Aberdeen now he's had a full pre-season. 

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

Leeann Critchon just announced Kieran MacDonald scored for Raith. Richard Gordon only corrected her after he saw the Vidiprinter.

Absolutely hopeless.

To be fair, the vidiprinter is the likeliest place for Richard Gordon to have found out the actual scorer. 

19 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Have the other games been postponed today?

Can only presume so as they’ve spent the first 30 minutes of the programme talking about the Celtic game 

You’ve not listened before, have you?

Guest TheJTS98

I've not listened to Sportsound much of late, being more of a Hearts TV or Bein Sport man.

Am I right in thinking my only online commentary option today is Celtic v Dundee? Frankly, boring as f**k.

No way I can listen to a more interesting game, no?

Podcast was only 11 mins long after the Rangers game, and even then they dedicated half of that to St Johnstone. Very little in the way of analysis or reaction. What on earth could possibly have happened that made them so keen to gloss over it and move on so quickly? Is listening to an array of ex Rangers players greeting into their bovril not considered compulsive listening? 

18 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Podcast was only 11 mins long after the Rangers game, and even then they dedicated half of that to St Johnstone. Very little in the way of analysis or reaction. What on earth could possibly have happened that made them so keen to gloss over it and move on so quickly? Is listening to an array of ex Rangers players greeting into their bovril not considered compulsive listening? 

Having had Sportsound on in the background for a while last night, I think part of the problem in putting together a coherent podcast might have been that the programme itself was utter, utter drivel.  Mark Hately droned on for a long time about how great a player he was and how wonderful it was to play for AC Milan; the panel agreed that the PGA centenary course at Gleneagles is really hard; and there was a lot of confusion over the rules of football.  Also, due to the "ongoing situation at Ibrox" there was no commentary of any kind.

Adam, Burke and Hateley also predicted easy wins for "us" - hard lines, chaps.

It was crap, almost unlistenable listening, but Hateley at least was bang on when he described how young footballers should try and broaden their horizons and look into playing elsewhere. The tale of getting 1-1 coaching from Capello was interesting, let's be honest. He more or less dismissed the B team idea.

Adam had been expounding the virtues of B teams for a bit, until MH had said his part and they'd chatted about the youth UCL, he then decided that yeah, young Rangers and Celtic players should play against 'the best' after all, and look abroad. He seems a nice guy, but FFS, what an intellectual void he is. 😄

Shockingly*, while they discussed the B team in the league idea, there was no, i.e. ZERO chat about the effect on the integrity of the competitions, or the insult it is to venerable and proud old clubs.

*not shockingly.