Sportsound Watch

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Tom English is still seething about Dundee's vote from last season.

I think even Hearts and Partick have moved (mostly) moved on now, but he's still making a complete tit of himself about it all. He stopped short of calling Nelms a liar, but only just.

Yeah why would anyone care about Nelms lying. Scottish football, Lying is fine.

On 30/05/2021 at 00:15, Austin McCann said:

Mind when Budge said Hearts would "look after only themselves" after the vote, then proceeded to help multiple clubs out when they were struggling for a goalkeeper?

On 30/05/2021 at 00:15, Austin McCann said:

Any ire you have might need to be aimed at the organisation whos email system quarantined Dundees email and allowed Nelms the time to rethink and then adjust his vote (which was entirely within the regulations).

Sometimes a cock up is just a cock up and isnt the huge conspiracy that Hearts fans were boring us with last year (I must have missed the money spinning Dundee friendlies with Celtic..................)

Guest TheJTS98
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mind when Budge said Hearts would "look after only themselves" after the vote, then proceeded to help multiple clubs out when they were struggling for a goalkeeper?

Loans are a two-way street and it's hardly an unusual step for a club to want a non-playing member of the squad (Doyle, for example) out of the dressing room. We started the season with three 'first-team' keepers. That's not a good idea.

Loaning out a player who is out of the picture to the point of possible de-motivation is a tactic employed the world over to avoid dressing room problems. Why stand in the way of him going somewhere else for a bit when we're not going to play him? The same with Zlamal going and getting games at St Mirren. What's the impact if Hearts say no and stop him playing for no reason? These are players who have extensive first-team experience and will view themselves as such.

Do you think it would have been good squad and dressing room management to say to these guys 'We're not going to play you, but we're going to make you sit around here instead of playing games just because we're in the huff'?

The fact that Zlamal and Doyle are both being released shows that Hearts very much viewed these loans as 'looking after ourselves'.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A pissing contest about who benefited more from a minor short term loan deal seems like a solid debate. 

It's not really a question of who benefited more. It's simply that Hearts' words and actions were consistent.

2 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

It's not really a question of who benefited more. It's simply that Hearts' words and actions were consistent.

All a bit moot though, isn’t it? All clubs act in their own interests pretty much all of the time. 

Hearts can say they’ll act in their own interests then carry on business as usual. 

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

All a bit moot though, isn’t it? All clubs act in their own interests pretty much all of the time. 

Hearts can say they’ll act in their own interests then carry on business as usual. 

Exactly. And that's what Hearts did.

The charge in the quoted post was that Hearts had said X then done Y. This wasn't the case.

And this is clearly extremely, extremely important. As paragons of virtue, the incorrect implication that our fearless leader would speak untruthfully cannot be allowed to stand.

Edited by TheJTS98

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A pissing contest about who benefited more from a minor short term loan deal seems like a solid debate. 

I don't even care tbh, I just enjoy wasting the weirdo Hearts fans time by making him post a dissertation to "prove me wrong".

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't even care tbh, I just enjoy wasting the weirdo Hearts fans time by making him post a dissertation to "prove me wrong".

Who am I to stand in the way of such a meeting of minds. 

Who did really well for us in the two games he played and had a ball at the cup final during the celebrations.

On 06/06/2021 at 16:57, Savage Henry said:

Willie Miller’s Andy Cameron anecdote was a cracker. 

I just found it hard to believe that some people actually had to be told NOT to laugh at Andy Cameron’s stand up routine 

Edited by Junior_Arab

I left the radio on after Sportsound and Take The Floor came on, it started with a Tcheucter Euro song, I was tapping my toes,  more of this please.

Edited by ropy

I am listening to the BBC Scotland "Euro Breakfast show" - holy suffering f**k, this is tedious and boring shite..........and its the first match in a major comp for 23 years.

Kenny McIntyre, Tom English - what a time to be alive