Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Surely they should aim much higher than a crowd of 3000 even if they don’t get it?

I imagine its up to the SFA and come forward with a proposal for how many they can manage based on whatever the rules that they need to meet set out by Gov. Number of stewards, gates of entry, crowd control measures, social distancing plans etc all the usual other covid pish like hand sanitiser points etc etc etc. 

I cant see it working like negotiating a salary where you ask for what you know you aren't going to get. IE it wont just be a back and forward chat "We were thinking more 20k?" "DEAL!!!" 

I also imagine If its rejected they'd need to go away and rework the proposal for resubmission which then will need to go through approval at SFA side again and all the process that comes with these kind of organisations. Quick turnaround is required.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Craig Levein interrupted the others on open all mics to announce a half time.

Nothing special in and of itself but what he was really doing was satirizing Willie Miller for losing his temper and bullying a moaning about a young reporter doing the same a few weeks ago.

Paddy Bonnar tonight 'There has been a goal. But I do not know who scored it. It was one of the subs. I'll need to check my notes'.

Richard Gordon 'goal for which team Paddy?'

Bonnar 'oh, Celtic. It was a young substitute.'

That's the level of professionalism to aim for.

9 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Paddy Bonnar tonight 'There has been a goal. But I do not know who scored it. It was one of the subs. I'll need to check my notes'.

Seen someone pointing out he was also just not reporting on open all mics on Saints chances but quite happy to interrupt for a Celtic sub or a nothing shot into the stand.

7 hours ago, NorthBank said:

This level of ineptness has been happening every show for years, yet nothing changes.

I'd love some other channel to get the radio rights to our national game, as because the know they're the only show in town we have to put up with this.

You'd imagine Karamoko Dembele being 3ft tall would make him quite distinguishable.

Listening to the podcast when they had Mulgrew in and Young really is insufferable. He adds no insight at any point when he's on and more often than not just talks about himself or how great a friend he is to various ex players and managers.

Edited by Rodhull

8 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Listening to the podcast when they had Mulgrew in and Young really is insufferable. He adds no insight at any point when he's on and more often than not just talks about himself or how great a friend he is to various ex players and managers.

Him and his shite anecdotes ruin just about every conversation. They could be talking about the footballing abilities of [insert legendary player] and he’d insist on telling the story of the time he reported at a game and [insert legendary player] walked past him. 

Dear oh dear. Tom & Doddsy have no idea where Brechin will be relegated to. No clue that they can’t *choose* the Lowland League. Rambling that the travel will be so much worse in the HFL than League Two (not true).

Classic Doddsy line : “Diz that meen thit Breekin will be plyin’ teams like.....Keith???? Surely no.”

It’s been said before but the programme urgently needs someone with at least some clue about the lower leagues. The current staff could not give a single f**k, and it’s not really on.

English just managed to stop himself from saying that he hoped “Breekin” would go down.

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Dear oh dear. Tom & Doddsy have no idea where Brechin will be relegated to. No clue that they can’t *choose* the Lowland League. Rambling that the travel will be so much worse in the HFL than League Two (not true).

Classic Doddsy line : “Diz that meen thit Breekin will be plyin’ teams like.....Keith???? Surely no.”

It’s been said before but the programme urgently needs someone with at least some clue about the lower leagues. The current staff could not give a single f**k, and it’s not really on.

English just managed to stop himself from saying that he hoped “Breekin” would go down.

Prefer “Breekin” to a Gordon Ramsay-esque “Breh-chin” any day of the week tbf. 

5 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

They barely give a shit about the Premiership. They only care about it in the context of two clubs.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Barry Ferguson could have gone anywhere for his first managerial job but he chose Kelty."

As much as we all wish Clyde FC didn't exist...

That "he could have chosen a bigger club" comment. Aye, Barry fucking Ferguson could just turn up at the door of all but two clubs in the country and have boards throwing themselves at his feet begging him to be their manager.

Even by Sportsound's tragic standards that was an absolutely embarrassing listen.

24 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Barry Ferguson could have gone anywhere for his first managerial job but he chose Kelty."

As much as we all wish Clyde FC didn't exist...

I cringe everytime Derek Ferguson is on, just sounds like a thick ned  (I wonder why?) and their love for Bazza plus pushing for Lewis Ferguson to get into the Scottish team and transferred to The Rangers. ps no agenda here, Falkirk fan