Sportsound Watch

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Doing it literally the day after he's been sacked smacks of them offering him a PR favour which is really poor. 

I've always thought him to be a raging c**t but I have no issue with him getting work again some time in the future. However, in the immediate term he should have kept his mouth shut and the issues of what he said should have been addressed.

He's definitely a c**t. He was purposely playing abroad so that he did not have to pay child maintenance. That's why he had a very short term deal with Aberdeen.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He's definitely a c**t. He was purposely playing abroad so that he did not have to pay child maintenance. That's why he had a very short term deal with Aberdeen.

Didn't realise about the child maintenance but remember he disappeared to China (I think?) straight after us and was quite open that he was chasing money, not that I had a particular issue with that.

He just comes across a right horrible person in any interview/Sportsound appearance I've heard.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Why was he given the platform of the national broadcaster to apologise anyway?

Stinks of his representative calling in a favour. 

This is the main issue I have with the interview. For me there is absolutely no good reason he should be given a platform. 

I've said it in the Motherwell thread but I have to laugh at his statement saying he would be "taking some time to reflect". Some time clearly being a couple of hours before getting his rep to pull in a favour at the BBC.

Off the back of this Sportsound had a couple of options. They could have had Marvin Bartley on the show discussing his experience of dealing with racism in football using this as further evidence to show that taking a knee or a social media boycott is pissing in the wind. But instead they give the man who has been sacked for being a racist an opportunity to say:

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Some of my best children are foreign.

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I keep laughing at it. Imagine being on national radio saying "I've got foreign children" like that's a perfectly normal thing for someone to say. 😂

Maybe he means he has them in a cupboard under the stairs, they are not his.

All joking aside, I took offence as I have "foreign children" and to think of them in that way disgusts me.  How the f**k can you call your own blood as foreign.  No sensible person would even think of them in that way never mind say it on national radio.  For that Maurice should be binned and not appear on the media again, f**k him.

I also believe the BBC have been very crass in all of this.  I await the interview with Ondrej Kudela next week to tell us all what really happened.   

I'm very good at judging a person as you can see from my post on 10th March.

On 10/03/2021 at 18:21, SlipperyP said:

The more I listen to Mo Ross, the more I dislike him.

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

All joking aside, I took offence as I have "foreign children" and to think of them in that way disgusts me.  How the f**k can you call your own blood as foreign.  No sensible person would even think of them in that way never mind say it on national radio.  For that Maurice should be binned and not appear on the media again, f**k him.

I also believe the BBC have been very crass in all of this.  I await the interview with Ondrej Kudela next week to tell us all what really happened.   

I'm very good at judging a person as you can see from my post on 10th March.

It's baffling the BBC gave him any sort of platform at all.

Yes, you could argue what he said isnt THAT bad, but it was certainly a stupid comment  for him to make, especially with the current push to eradicate those type of discrimatory remarks from the game.

For the BBC to approve this PR piece is mind-boggling. If they had someone like Marvin Bartley or Chris Iwelumo on to lead a discussion on why those remarks are so damaging  I could understand it. But to have Ross on is a fucking disgrace.

The comments about his children is just plain weird.

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

It's baffling the BBC gave him any sort of platform at all.

Yes, you could argue what he said isnt THAT bad, but it was certainly a stupid comment  for him to make, especially with the current push to eradicate those type of discrimatory remarks from the game.

For the BBC to approve this PR piece is mind-boggling. If they had someone like Marvin Bartley or Chris Iwelumo on to lead a discussion on why those remarks are so damaging  I could understand it. But to have Ross on is a fucking disgrace.

The comments about his children is just plain weird.

Apart from anything else, he was about 2 days in to a new job. In that circumstance even I've got the sense to keep my mouth shut.

John Collins on again last night with his sevtic colt teams crusade - this time backing up some Lowland League chairman telling us how exciting and wonderful it would be having the 'stars of the future' playing against Dalbeattie and Stirling University.

The thrill of the early rounds of the Irn Bru cup can be created on a weekly basis.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Stars of the Future.

Collins really is a silly c**t. 

Is he suggesting Rangers are going to start actually playing more than 1 youth player every 5 or so years?

Last night - complaining that no fans will be at Scottish Cup Final.

Tonight - complaining that because UEFA are now allowing a limited number of fans in, the SFA are only asking for 3000.

Some of the numbskulls keep comparing what England are allowing to what should be happening here, even though almost   everything that is allowed in this country is different from what is allowed in England.