Sportsound Watch

On 02/05/2021 at 10:44, VictorOnopko said:

I chuckled at Biscuits shouting "Yes!!!" on Friday night when one of Hearts's goals went in. 

He's edged ahead of Chick "George Costanza" Young to top my list of the Worst Pundits in Scottish Football.

He is without question the worst pundit/agent on BBC Scotland radio, what's awful is we pay for him to have a voice. When he is on he is very who am I related too, what player am I working for. The old boys club of the BBC Scotland Sport is as bad as it gets in modern day Scotland. 

Why is it constant Partick Thistle on the Sportsound podcast. Every time I listen its constantly greeting pish about how players have needed to take pay cuts etc. Followed by Tom English sucking him off. Gtf

They're as small time in mentality as Hearts. Banning the SPFL etc. Just don't enter the competitions and f**k off then. He's greeting from the minority position. No one wants to hear it

Mccall belittling and demanding apologies from journalists who don't agree with him and when probed more about the banning of the SPFL board at their game. "They just won't be there, THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW". 

It's all peak Trump level delusion stuff. Get him off the radio.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Why is it constant Partick Thistle on the Sportsound podcast. Every time I listen its constantly greeting pish about how players have needed to take pay cuts etc. Gtf.

They're as small time in mentality as Hearts. Banning the SPFL etc. Just don't enter the competitions then and f**k off then. You're greeting from the minority position. No one wants to hear it

Mccall belittling and demanding apologies from journalists who don't agree with him and when probed more about the banning of the SPFL board at their game. "They just won't be there, THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW". 

They're really showing themselves up here. Minterrific.

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Why is it constant Partick Thistle on the Sportsound podcast. Every time I listen its constantly greeting pish about how players have needed to take pay cuts etc. Followed by Tom English sucking him off. Gtf

They're as small time in mentality as Hearts. Banning the SPFL etc. Just don't enter the competitions and f**k off then. He's greeting from the minority position. No one wants to hear it

It's cringey stuff.

Everyone gets that relegation was tough on Partick but I just don't buy the idea that it was the greatest injustice in the history of football once you go through the detail. The thing with McCall is as well is he never gives any detail or rationalises his anger, just goes down the 'I could say lots on here, but what good would it do. I'll keep my silence and just you know I'm very, very upset'.

He's done it multiple times this season, either say your piece or shut the f**k up.

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

1. Times a club have won and been runners up in last 30 years.

2. I didn't bring up Aberdeen, Richard Gordon did. He said neither United or Aberdeen had covered themselves in glory in the past 30 years in the Scotrish Cup. United are the 4th most successful club and Aberdeen are on a par with Falkirk, just ahead of Airdrie.

Sadly for diddy utd and their fans fitba didnt start 30 years ago.

They should have forced though changes was basically what he said.

What would have happened if the 14-14-14 had gone through?

Top flight would have competed 39 games

2nd their would have gone for 26 & been ok?

3rd their would not be able to do 26 & would null & void?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's cringey stuff.

Everyone gets that relegation was tough on Partick but I just don't buy the idea that it was the greatest injustice in the history of football once you go through the detail. The thing with McCall is as well is he never gives any detail or rationalises his anger, just goes down the 'I could say lots on here, but what good would it do. I'll keep my silence and just you know I'm very, very upset'.

He's done it multiple times this season, either say your piece or shut the f**k up.

I'm a Thistle fan and I agree with most of what you say.  McCall is on Sportsound a lot and if you're going to come onto the programme regularly to talk about Scottish football and (inevitably)  your own club's fortunes, then the "keeping my own counsel" shtick is ridiculous, particularly when (as he did this week), he sounds like he's still absolutely seething, almost everything he says is boiling over with surly attitude, and he keeps referring to how he'll tell all in a full-length interview with Tom f*cking English.  The world of Scottish football really isn't waiting with baited breath for that exclusive.  I doubt I'd even bother to listen to it.

Relegation *was* tough on us, because it was a triple-whammy - after it happened based on a suddenly halted season, we then got £150k rather than 500k support having landed in L1, and the season was delayed too. so we couldn't play. That all said, it's long since time to shut up and move on because nothing is going to change now.  McCall's done a great job to get us straight back up but sadly, his PR style appears to be from the cringey school of Jacqui "SPAD for Michael Forsyth and Failed Tory MSP candidate" Low.

7 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I'm a Thistle fan and I agree with most of what you say.  McCall is on Sportsound a lot and if you're going to come onto the programme regularly to talk about Scottish football and (inevitably)  your own club's fortunes, then the "keeping my own counsel" shtick is ridiculous, particularly when (as he did this week), he sounds like he's still absolutely seething, almost everything he says is boiling over with surly attitude, and he keeps referring to how he'll tell all in a full-length interview with Tom f*cking English.  The world of Scottish football really isn't waiting with baited breath for that exclusive.  I doubt I'd even bother to listen to it.

Relegation *was* tough on us, because it was a triple-whammy - after it happened based on a suddenly halted season, we then got £150k rather than 500k support having landed in L1, and the season was delayed too. so we couldn't play. That all said, it's long since time to shut up and move on because nothing is going to change now.  McCall's done a great job to get us straight back up but sadly, his PR style appears to be from the cringey school of Jacqui "SPAD for Michael Forsyth and Failed Tory MSP candidate" Low.

Aye, lots of snidey wee comments that you get the impression he thinks he's being subtle but it just makes for an awkward conversation.

FWIW, I do have a lot of sympathy with Partick for what they went through. You'd have to say the team that suffered the most, particularly the enforced mid season break in the lower leagues seemed very unfair.

23 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, lots of snidey wee comments that you get the impression he thinks he's being subtle but it just makes for an awkward conversation.

FWIW, I do have a lot of sympathy with Partick for what they went through. You'd have to say the team that suffered the most, particularly the enforced mid season break in the lower leagues seemed very unfair.

On the other hand, it gave Partick Thistle a chance to get their better players back from injury in time to push for the title. Had the suspension not happened when it did, I think they'd have ended up losing too much ground and dropping too many points before those guys were back to go on and do what they did (which fair play was excellent). 

Funny how things work out. 

On the other hand, it gave Partick Thistle a chance to get their better players back from injury in time to push for the title. Had the suspension not happened when it did, I think they'd have ended up losing too much ground and dropping too many points before those guys were back to go on and do what they did (which fair play was excellent). 
Funny how things work out. 
I think the biggest favour was the Lowland League shutting down so we could get experience on loan in key areas.

13 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I almost totally agree with you, except your use of the word unfair.

In my opinion, the whole thing was as fair as it could have been. Thistle got relegated because we were bottom of the league. Simple as. So it wasnt unfair we got relegated. Unfortunate in the circumstances, but not unfair 

Same with the league stoppages and that. As a league 1 club, it was unfortunate for us, but again it was fair in that every team in the league were in the same boat. Even if us and Falkirk have higher expenditure, etc.

This whole bleeding heart, grave injustice shtick the higher ups at Thistle have totally negates the fact we wouldnt have been in that position if we hadnt been an absolute carcrash of a football team for that season and the two prior. 

So aye, Thistle got the raw end of it and were totally unfortunate in how things have played out. But it was the fair thing to do given how far into the season we were. People just need to get over it and move onto next season in the Championship. 

McCall about greeting when he was asked who was to blame this season when they had something like 1 win in 7. 

"oh thats below the belt" was his response. That sums it up for me, looking for a scapegoat to hide the fact he'd been a complete disaster until the last month or so. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I just read his quote and was a bit confused by his "I have foreign children" line. Were they just born abroad or has he adopted?. If my kids were born abroad I wouldn't class my children as foreign to me. Seemed a strange thing to say

No idea what the hell Sportsound are playing at here.

BBC Scotland’s sports department is absolutely rotten. On the few occasions recently when racism has been a story in Scottish football, they’ve managed to come out of it looking as if they don’t understand the issue at all.

Doing it literally the day after he's been sacked smacks of them offering him a PR favour which is really poor. 

I've always thought him to be a raging c**t but I have no issue with him getting work again some time in the future. However, in the immediate term he should have kept his mouth shut and the issues of what he said should have been addressed.