Sportsound Watch

John Kennedy quite amusing in his after match interview last night. He didn’t see Turnbull take out McGeouch because he was looking at something else but the fourth official told him that there was no malice in it and it was just a trip.

10 hours ago, RiG said:

After another defeat and Ross County fans calling for him to go I was wondering if the Sportsound #ladz were still touting John Hughes for the managers gig at Celtic / Scotland / some other team that would never seriously consider him?

To be fair, while many of them are bad - they aren’t quite as bad as Chick Young and his frankly hilarious shouts. The Hughes one possibly the worst of the lot from him.

Richard Gordon reckons United haven't covered themselves in glory in  the Scottish Cup in the past 30 years despite the fact that outside the OF only Hearts have won it more in that period.
At least we've won it in the last 30 years, unlike his beloved Aberdeen

7 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
Richard Gordon reckons United haven't covered themselves in glory in  the Scottish Cup in the past 30 years despite the fact that outside the OF only Hearts have won it more in that period.

In 30 years

United 5 finals 2 wins

Aberdeen 3 finals no wins.

If we haven't covered ourselves in glory, I'd hate to hear his, description of Aberdeen.

On 25/04/2021 at 22:22, Tannadeechee said:

In 30 years

United 5 finals 2 wins

Aberdeen 3 finals no wins.

If we haven't covered ourselves in glory, I'd hate to hear his, description of Aberdeen.

TBF he said neither side had. I just didn't  question the Aberdeen side of that as it's a fair point. 

On 25/04/2021 at 14:36, Sarto Mutiny said:
On 25/04/2021 at 14:16, invergowrie arab said:

You’re obviously looking to be offended here. Just because Aberdeen have a far worse record than United in the last 30 years, doesn’t mean that United haven’t covered themselves in glory in that period as well.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’re obviously looking to be offended here. Just because Aberdeen have a far worse record than United in the last 30 years, doesn’t mean that United haven’t covered themselves in glory in that period as well.

In the last 30 years 

Celtic 11 RU 2

Rangers 9 RU 3

Hearts 3 RU 3

United 2 RU 3

Hibs 1 RU 3

Well 1 RU 2

Killie 1 RU 0

St J 1 RU 0

Inverness 1 RU 0

Falkirk 0 RU 3

Aberdeen 0 RU 3

Airdrie 0 RU 2

Dunfermline 0 RU 2

Gretna, Queen of South, Ross County and Dundee 0 RU 1

The two records are incomparable and it was silly to lump them in together.

Add in United tending to get put out by top half premier league teams and not Raith Rovers at home or Queen of the South 

On 02/05/2021 at 10:44, VictorOnopko said:

I chuckled at Biscuits shouting "Yes!!!" on Friday night when one of Hearts's goals went in. 

He's edged ahead of Chick "George Costanza" Young to top my list of the Worst Pundits in Scottish Football.

During saturdays segment discussing the playoff / Brora / Kelty thing, he still managed to get in some tear stained shite about Hearts being unfairly demoted.................the guy is incapable of balanced analysis.

Never trust anyone that changes the team they support - especially if it went from Rangers to Hearts.

John Hughes must be embarrassed to be related to the fud.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

In the last 30 years 

Celtic 11 RU 2

Rangers 9 RU 3

Hearts 3 RU 3

United 2 RU 3

Hibs 1 RU 3

Well 1 RU 2

Killie 1 RU 0

St J 1 RU 0

Inverness 1 RU 0

Falkirk 0 RU 3

Aberdeen 0 RU 3

Airdrie 0 RU 2

Dunfermline 0 RU 2

Gretna, Queen of South, Ross County and Dundee 0 RU 1

The two records are incomparable and it was silly to lump them in together.

Add in United tending to get put out by top half premier league teams and not Raith Rovers at home or Queen of the South 

A couple of things here.

1. I have no idea what that all means, I simply cannot decipher it. It’s probably me being thick, but I have no idea what any of that means.

2. You’re the one that brought up Aberdeen, unless I’ve missed something.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A couple of things here.

1. I have no idea what that all means, I simply cannot decipher it. It’s probably me being thick, but I have no idea what any of that means.

2. You’re the one that brought up Aberdeen, unless I’ve missed something.

1. Times a club have won and been runners up in last 30 years.

2. I didn't bring up Aberdeen, Richard Gordon did. He said neither United or Aberdeen had covered themselves in glory in the past 30 years in the Scotrish Cup. United are the 4th most successful club and Aberdeen are on a par with Falkirk, just ahead of Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

1. Times a club have won and been runners up in last 30 years.

2. I didn't bring up Aberdeen, Richard Gordon did. He said neither United or Aberdeen had covered themselves in glory in the past 30 years in the Scotrish Cup. United are the 4th most successful club and Aberdeen are on a par with Falkirk, just ahead of Airdrie.

Thanks for explaining, got it now. I’m a bit slow tonight.