Sportsound Watch

I note that the "impartial" team for todays match is -

Paul Mitchell - Jambo

Alan Preston - converted from a Rangers fan to a Jambo

Craig Levein - Jambo

Brian McGlaughlin - Jambo

I was really enjoying Biscuits salty tears earlier, but have switched on Hearts tv feed for the full comedy show.

Paul Mitchell - Jambo
Craig Levein - Jambo
I was really enjoying Biscuits salty tears earlier, but have switched on Hearts tv feed for the full comedy show.
I'm not sure Sandra Brown is a price worth paying for impartiality.

28 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

This Connor Shields seems to be scoring a lot. Is he tied up for next season anyone?

He played a season for Goodwin at Alloa, and there was talk earlier in the season that he was one we had identified as a signing target for next season.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Paul Mitchell - Jambo

Craig Levein - Jambo

Preston was certainly raging, but it’s kind of expected from someone in his role, and everyone knows his history and where his sympathies lie. I’m not sure if I knew McLaughlin was a Jambo before today but I’d certainly worked it out after listening to him for 2 minutes today. Seething doesn’t cover it! Not terribly professional for someone who should really be neutral. 

And they’ve all changed their tune big time from the start of the season. After Hearts pumped Dundee at the start of the season they were all purring over how good Neilson was and how that squad would be challenging for a European place in the top flight. Now half of them want Neilson gone and it’s unanimous that the players aren’t good enough - Biscuits was calling for 14 new players in over the summer, because this lot suddenly aren’t up to it. 

Just now, Junior_Arab said:

Preston was certainly raging, but it’s kind of expected from someone in his role, and everyone knows his history and where his sympathies lie. I’m not sure if I knew McLaughlin was a Jambo before today but I’d certainly worked it out after listening to him for 2 minutes today. Seething doesn’t cover it! Not terribly professional for someone who should really be neutral. 

And they’ve all changed their tune big time from the start of the season. After Hearts pumped Dundee at the start of the season they were all purring over how good Neilson was and how that squad would be challenging for a European place in the top flight. Now half of them want Neilson gone and it’s unanimous that the players aren’t good enough - Biscuits was calling for 14 new players in over the summer, because this lot suddenly aren’t up to it. 

The only one he called a sellable asset scored the winner though...

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Biscuits or someone else (was only half listening) said Hearts had signed about 70 players in the last few years and now he wants 14 new ones...

Was 90+ players since Budge bought them 7 years ago - which is about a third more than the likes of Hibs have signed in that period (quite a good comparison as both clubs were relegated and had to bin a load /sign an entire squad in the relegation / promotion seasons)

Who would have thought that an agent would be touting that a club should turn over players..................

Alex McLeish doesn't think it is a must win game either. He also managed to crowbar in a reference to Rangers and Celtic.

Wonder why it went wrong from him as Scotland manager last time...

Alex McLeish right now - fucking hell.

He referred to a last minute win in Israel in his playing days, that was clearly the Cyprus game.

He also thinks we've been drawn alongside Israel in this World Cup group because we're at their level.  They'd honestly be better interviewing my cat.  At least she wouldn't pretend to have a clue.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Alex McLeish doesn't think it is a must win game either. He also managed to crowbar in a reference to Rangers and Celtic.

Wonder why it went wrong from him as Scotland manager last time...

Both McCall & McLeish illustrate with mind numbing clarity just why ex-players and ex-managers should not  be pundits. 

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He also thinks we've been drawn alongside Israel in this World Cup group because we're at their level. 

What did he say? I'm struggling to imagine the mental gymnastics undertaken to reach the above conclusion.

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What did he say? I'm struggling to imagine the mental gymnastics undertaken to reach the above conclusion.

I think he started with a kernel of logic in his head with regard to how the Nations' League works.  

He brought it to the table though with regard to tonight, saying "in terms of where our status has been in the last few years we're obviously  grouped with Israel for a reason, because of our UEFA standings".    He went on to say "If we can win this game... maybe our ranking will rise to a level where we're playing different teams" 

He is genuinely confused about it all. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's probably mixed it up with the Nations League group where that is roughly how the seeding works. I'm reluctant to blame McLeish here, but rather whoever keeps booking a man who is clearly not operating at 100%.

You're right.

He's more to be pitied than despised here, but it pisses me off that he gets lined up to offer his expertise for the benefit of the rest of us.

It's ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's probably mixed it up with the Nations League group where that is roughly how the seeding works. I'm reluctant to blame McLeish here, but rather whoever keeps booking a man who is clearly not operating at 100%.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think he started with a kernel of logic in his head with regard to how the Nations' League works.  

He brought it to the table though with regard to tonight, saying "in terms of where our status has been in the last few years we're obviously  grouped with Israel for a reason, because of our UEFA standings".    He went on to say "If we can win this game... maybe our ranking will rise to a level where we're playing different teams" 

He is genuinely confused about it all. 

Thank you. I have a strange need to rationalise how someones comes to such daft opinions but hat makes more sense.

And agree, fairly irresponsible to continue giving him the platform he gets. Not doing anyone any good.