Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

You tune in to get some build up to the afternoon's matches and instead get twenty minutes of chunter on the Sevco game from Thursday.

They have Sevco and/or Celtic chat every, regardless of if they are playing that day, and regardless of it they played midweek. It's usually worth skipping all content from 14.00-14.45.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They must make a conscious judgement call that no one is interested in just discussing the upcoming football, and that mindless OF chat is what the public want. 

They made that call decades ago. It's always been the wrong call mind.

8 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Dinnae be so harsh Bonner's had a hard day figuring out where the hell Dingwall is.

I like Bonner, brilliant goalie & seems a right nice guy.

Just shouldn't be a pundit, I get images of Val Doonican when he talks, I would love Phil Goodlad & Pat to anchor Sportsound one day. 😁

There was quite a bit of questioning going on about the Sunday 7:30pm kick off for Ross County vs Celtic on the Saturday broadcast.
Richard Gordon pointed out that it was due to television rights, but the complainer (not sure who it was) spouted “when was the last time a British game kicked off at that time?” Not one of them said that all season English games have started at 7pm or 7:15pm on a Sunday this season. Instead they glossed over it and said “we used to kick off at 6pm a Sunday and they had a good atmosphere”. To which the complainer said “aye, but that’s not half seven”.
How is it different from any midweek game played in Dingwall?

Digging Peter Lovenkrands's accent - even in his second language. he speaks with much more clarity than experienced Scottish broadcasters like Chick Young. 

My idea of Sportsound hell would by Chick Young interviewing Frank McAvennie, neither of whom are capable of speaking any language with any clarity. 

Edited by paranoid android

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Digging Peter Lovenkrands's accent - even in his second language. he speaks with much more clarity than experienced Scottish broadcasters like Chick Young. 

My idea of Sportsound hell would by Chick Young interviewing Frank McAvennie, neither of whom are capable of speaking any language with any clarity. 

Only An Excuse without the jokes, or Only An Excuse as it is otherwise known. 

Edited by Savage Henry

14 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It's staggering. Sevco are not playing and they have moved from Celtic to Rangers and we have not even had team news from the other matches.

Wanks

The b*****ds! Imagine spending a few minutes discussing a Scottish team progressing in Europe.