Sportsound Watch

11 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Why is this programme  called Sportsound ?  Wouldn't Footballsound, Soccersound, Oldfirmsound  or similar be more appropriate.  Whether it's your cup of tea or not surely a Scottish international team beating England in London for the first team since 1983 in the150th anniversary of the oldest international fixture not just in Rugby but any code of Football might be worth reflection on a Scottish Sports programme.  

The only people who play or watch rugby are Tory c***s, M64.

Outside of the Tory enclaves of Edinburgh and the Borders no one gives a f**k.

21 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Football fans would rather lose or draw playing stylish football than ground out narrow wins playing rather conservatively, says John Collins. 

Would they, aye? Speak for yersel, John.  

Yeah, let's get relegated playing football 'the right way'.

2 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

That's a pile of shite and says more about your bigotry than anything else!

I appreciate that Sunday's edition would have been more appropriate for the rugby chat.

This is a football forum, for football but seriously the amount arseholic "Tory c***s"  pish whenever it's mentioned really pisses me off. Its a sport, like it or don't like it but f**k off with that shite.

Edited by Tannadeechee

24 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

That's a pile of shite and says more about your bigotry than anything else!

I appreciate that Sunday's edition would have been more appropriate for the rugby chat.

This is a football forum, for football but seriously the amount arseholic "Tory c***s"  pish whenever it's mentioned really pisses me off. Its a sport, like it or don't like it but f**k off with that shite.

^ ^ ^
Tory c**t, imo.

2 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

That must be why the pubs in Glasgow are absolutely rammed during the 6 Nations then.  Cool.

Not many teams in other countries could win a quadruple treble says John Collins.

Maybe because not many have a second cup.

Football fans would rather lose or draw playing stylish football than ground out narrow wins playing rather conservatively, says John Collins. 
Would they, aye? Speak for yersel, John.  

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
58 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:
That must be why the pubs in Glasgow are absolutely rammed during the 6 Nations then.  Cool.

Five days a year. You're pushing it to call those folk Rugby fans. Not saying you're wrong about the demographics though.

The post I replied to said "Outside of the Tory enclaves of Edinburgh and the Borders no one gives a f**k."

While that might be true most of the year for the club game (which I don't follow at all myself), it's utter bollocks in relation to Scotland matches - 6N, autumn internationals, WC, whatever - all of which people across Scotland clearly do give a f**k about.

The post I replied to said "Outside of the Tory enclaves of Edinburgh and the Borders no one gives a f**k."
While that might be true most of the year for the club game (which I don't follow at all myself), it's utter bollocks in relation to Scotland matches - 6N, autumn internationals, WC, whatever - all of which people across Scotland clearly do give a f**k about.

Splitting hairs here. I think "no one gives a f**k" may not have been an entirely serious comment. I'd say giving a f**k about the Scotland men's national rugby team and giving a f**k about rugby are quite different things.

Anyway, I can see two deer from my bedroom window. A lovely sight on a snowy day.

3 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Glasgow warriors have a slightly larger average attendance than Edinburgh so it must be as equally popular there.

Football fans who don't like rugby always seem very bitter about it, why is that? They would show no emotion if asked about Ice Hockey or Basketball but get wound up about rugby, very weird.

It is odd that rugby and football are divided by social class and is probably a hindrance to rugby as how many tough kids from non private schools would actually enjoy the aggression and discipline of the sport? I heard Chris Wood the Burnley striker say that in New Zealand football is what the girls play and the boys play rugby. I took a South African friend to a football match and he couldn't contain his laughing at the antics of footballers, he was astounded at how much a 'bunch of p*ssies they were' he genuinely couldn't believe it. It actually made me view the sport in a different light witnessing a person with no experience of football amazed at the way they behaved which I always knew was pathetic but as football fans we just accept it. 

4 hours ago, ahemps said:

Glasgow warriors have a slightly larger average attendance than Edinburgh so it must be as equally popular there.

Football fans who don't like rugby always seem very bitter about it, why is that? They would show no emotion if asked about Ice Hockey or Basketball but get wound up about rugby, very weird.

It is odd that rugby and football are divided by social class and is probably a hindrance to rugby as how many tough kids from non private schools would actually enjoy the aggression and discipline of the sport? I heard Chris Wood the Burnley striker say that in New Zealand football is what the girls play and the boys play rugby. I took a South African friend to a football match and he couldn't contain his laughing at the antics of footballers, he was astounded at how much a 'bunch of p*ssies they were' he genuinely couldn't believe it. It actually made me view the sport in a different light witnessing a person with no experience of football amazed at the way they behaved which I always knew was pathetic but as football fans we just accept it. 

No one is wound up. They're shite, that's  all. Rugby being the worst, although I never met an ice hockey or basket ball fan I didn't think should have their hard drive checked.

4 hours ago, ahemps said:

I've noticed that. However they link rugby fans and "no voters" and Tories together which is a lazy stereotype which is a surprise as the fans in question fancy themselves as politicians and historians it seems. 

Rugby's my first sport but I know people who go to Murrayfield who voted "yes" and vote SNP, but I also know regular Hampden attendees who can't stand the SNP and are opposed to independence. 

What I find amusing though is that they don't mind bitterly saying they don't like rugby but take offence if you don't care about the football team. I've only missed one game at Murrayfield since 2012 but if you prefer Hampden then fair do's, live and let live. If the Scotland football team were playing in my garden then I'd shut the curtains. 

Edited by come on shire

9 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

No Tory MPs in Edinburgh, maybe those enclaves are not as prevalent as you think.

Aberdeenshire, however, thats a different sTory.

If you dont like Rugby, thats fine - I can take it or leave it myself - but at least sort out your prejudices before posting shite?

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Splitting hairs here. I think "no one gives a f**k" may not have been an entirely serious comment. I'd say giving a f**k about the Scotland men's national rugby team and giving a f**k about rugby are quite different things.

Anyway, I can see two deer from my bedroom window. A lovely sight on a snowy day.

Is that "auld dears" you're spying on from your Maryhill bedroom window :whistle?

Ian McCall (McInnes' pal) would never have it that a manager should be sacked, shocker.

Aberdeen's playing budget dictates that they should be a stick on to finish 3rd every season. Regardless of who's sold, recruitment is a huge part of success in football. McCall and McFadden are spouting a lot of nonsense. Apparently the paying public shouldn't have their concerns read out publicly.

Apparently McInnes should be allowed to decide when it's time to leave......

Edited by BukyOHare