Sportsound Watch

19 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Pretty uncomfortable listening to be honest. I was close to preforming an audio version of Homer's reversal into the hedge.

Insisting McIntyre let him finish only to talk all over his next question. Demanding to be treated with more respect while treating McIntyre with very little. Not a moment he'll look back on with pride I hope.

Was it a sacking offence ?

( Did McIntyre not ask Ross if he was worried about his job ?  Was it  worse than the Lennon interview  ? )

Edited by ewan14

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Richard Gordon needs to realise he's commentating on radio channel. He just stops talking for a couple seconds after saying something like "flashed across goal" and expects the listener to guess what's happened. 

Did the ball flash across the goal?

21 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Pretty uncomfortable listening to be honest. I was close to preforming an audio version of Homer's reversal into the hedge.

Insisting McIntyre let him finish only to talk all over his next question. Demanding to be treated with more respect while treating McIntyre with very little. Not a moment he'll look back on with pride I hope.

It was such an easy question to bat away if he wanted to, something along the lines of what could you have done better with the team. This is what fans want, or at least what I want, interviewers asking questions of managers that are out of the standard “how do think the match went today?”. But Jack Ross showed the problem with doing that, in that the manager gets all stroppy and it could end with the interviewer being banned by the manager/club. Not  a great fan of Kenny McIntyre but Jack Ross was an absolute arse.

Guest TheJTS98
On 24/01/2021 at 07:39, DiegoDiego said:

And his desire for more respect is even sillier when you consider that he really only gets the respect as a head coach that he has because he's relatively articulate, sometimes wears a suit, and is better looking than John McGlynn.

He's a made-for-media coach who has increasingly little to back up his self-regard.

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was such an easy question to bat away if he wanted to, something along the lines of what could you have done better with the team. This is what fans want, or at least what I want, interviewers asking questions of managers that are out of the standard “how do think the match went today?”. But Jack Ross showed the problem with doing that, in that the manager gets all stroppy and it could end with the interviewer being banned by the manager/club. Not  a great fan of Kenny McIntyre but Jack Ross was an absolute arse.

I hear you re the standard questions etc, but I actually don't give a toss what the manager says after a game. It will either be anodyne rubbish which has been repeated dozens of times before, or a rant in the heat of the moment. None of which really matter.

Anyone who's seen my posts on McIntyre in this thread already, will see an echo here - he's not my cup of tea at all. He's almost single handedly reduced Sportsound to nothing better than the advert ridden drivel that you can listen to anytime on Talksport or Clyde. Any presenter who covets Twitter as the court of popular opinion as much as him, can get in the sea. I get that the BBC isn't above derision, but it used to have standards. Not when he's about it doesn't.  

Edited by mozam76

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was such an easy question to bat away if he wanted to, something along the lines of what could you have done better with the team. This is what fans want, or at least what I want, interviewers asking questions of managers that are out of the standard “how do think the match went today?”. 

If they ask this the manager 1 ) cannot answer yes or not , 2 ) might be asked to explain why the match went the way he thought it did

If the manager does not want to give the answer required he will not

On 20/01/2021 at 18:56, EdinburghLivi said:

This Killie supporter is extremely grating. 

Another supporter making an arse of themselves tonight - a Dundee United one this time. 

Again it would be helpful if Sportsound stop interviewing these people like club officials.

2 hours ago, ewan14 said:

If they ask this the manager 1 ) cannot answer yes or not , 2 ) might be asked to explain why the match went the way he thought it did

If the manager does not want to give the answer required he will not

Jack Ross was an arse in the interview.

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Another supporter making an arse of themselves tonight - a Dundee United one this time. 

Again it would be helpful if Sportsound stop interviewing these people like club officials.

That supporter is not the most savoury of characters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-16593474

Generally been a bit of a joke figure. Madness that they brought him on.

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That supporter is not the most savoury of characters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-16593474

Generally been a bit of a joke figure. Madness that they brought him on.

It's pretty telling that I knew exactly who Ludo was talking about before I'd even clicked the link.

Baffling decision to have him on.

Guest TheJTS98
12 hours ago, mozam76 said:

I hear you re the standard questions etc, but I actually don't give a toss what the manager says after a game. It will either be anodyne rubbish which has been repeated dozens of times before, or a rant in the heat of the moment. None of which really matter.

Interviews immediately pre and post-match are a complete waste of time.

Pre-match it's always something like 'Four changes today, tell us about that', which leads to a few seconds of time-filling pish from a manager who isn't going to tell us anything and who has already done a pre-match press conference. Occasionally they try and shoe-horn in some other question that no sane coach is going to answer standing in a tunnel pre-match. 'Is this a must-win game for you?' What's the point in shite like that?

Post-match is heat of the moment pish with a coach who has had no time to digest what he's seen and almost always goes along the lines of 'I'm happy we won/I'm annoyed we lost'. They only exist to generate headlines and should be widely ignored.

Agree with you that Kenny McIntyre has led Sportsound into the toilet. It's now basically on a par with Super Scoreboard, which is a tragedy.