Sportsound Watch

On 17/10/2020 at 21:43, Steve McQueen said:

Surprised that no-one commented that last night they suggested Hearts performance would be challenging for Europe without acknowledging the lower level they play at now.

Apparently hmfc have a premiership standard team /  squad

On 16/10/2020 at 19:22, Monkey Tennis said:

John Hughes is among the six thickest human beings that have ever lived.

Who are the other five? 

On 17/10/2020 at 16:04, cmontheloknow said:

There's a lassie doing open all mics today that is younger than most of the players. Makes a change from gruff old duffers I suppose 😅

https://www.linkedin.com/in/arran-hannah-0a7331172/?originalSubdomain=uk

She’s only been out the school 2 years and she’s managed to get on the radio. Which game was she at?

On 17/10/2020 at 16:26, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Goodness me, a "lassie"?

Looks from her bio like a suitably qualified broadcast journalist to me. Are you planning on putting up pictures, bios, gender and age information about any of the other contributors to today's programme?

She seems to have left school and started work as a production assistant in September 2018. Two years later she has a job on Open All Mics. Is that normal? Good to know these opportunities are there for women and it’s not just ex-pros, but that does seem a rapid rise to prominence.

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

Hardly prominence, she is not anchoring the show, she is providing updates from a lower league game.  I am not diminishing her achievement just your description of it.

Its more prominent than being a Production Assistant, even if it is just lower league games.

As I have very little trust for BBC Scotland I naturally question their motives. They are a hive of cronyism, or at least that’s how I perceive them.

Edited by Scary Bear

16 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Its more prominent than being a Production Assistant, even if it is just lower league games.

As I have very little trust for BBC Scotland I naturally question their motives. They are a hive of cronyism, or at least that’s how I perceive them.

Dying her hair the same colour as an old person in order to be taken more seriously despite her youth.

It's a smart move and it worked

I see Arran Hannah has even managed to bag the Livi v Rovers big Scottish Cup match. The rise is meteoric! Got the Ice Hockey too which is a big deal for some lads who like wearing ill-fitting ice hockey tops.

8C11FBD2-3196-4F06-8186-382FFF52A8B6.png

5EFFDE14-CE02-438B-88D9-34CD0C376044.png

Edited by Scary Bear

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

There must be some type of nepotism going on.  People straight out of uni with journalism and broadcast degrees wouldn't get a gig like that so quickly, even if it is ice hockey and lower league football.

51 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

There must be some type of nepotism going on.  People straight out of uni with journalism and broadcast degrees wouldn't get a gig like that so quickly, even if it is ice hockey and lower league football.

She obviously thought the same, so she didn’t bother with uni. 

7231AF18-EDFA-4F10-BBFD-06E7F0E31056.png

That makes her among the most qualified people on the show then, given the array of stunningly thick ex players who spaff complete nonsense, struggle to put together complete sentences, take pride in being lazy incompetents who do no research and get audibly aroused when talking about Celtic and/or Sevco, who make up the on air workforce of the show.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That makes her among the most qualified people on the show then, given the array of stunningly thick ex players who spaff complete nonsense, struggle to put together complete sentences, take pride in being lazy incompetents who do no research and get audibly aroused when talking about Celtic and/or Sevco, who make up the on air workforce of the show.

True. It’s a very low bar.

I have a friend who has a uni degree in Journalism and quite a lot of broadcast experience.  He went in for a job at the BBC a while back and didn't get it.  Find it hard to believe she's managed to get a gig there with only a year of freelance journalism and a year at Glasgow Kelvin College.  She must be well connected or related to someone on the inside.