Sportsound Watch

There's a lassie doing open all mics today that is younger than most of the players. Makes a change from gruff old duffers I suppose [emoji28]
https://www.linkedin.com/in/arran-hannah-0a7331172/?originalSubdomain=uk
4YcsvZmA_400x400.jpg&key=0bfeda0fed6f5d5382b68e4dd424673fbbce4b3ab8f2715a10d61e6e18e41332
Goodness me, a "lassie"?

Looks from her bio like a suitably qualified broadcast journalist to me. Are you planning on putting up pictures, bios, gender and age information about any of the other contributors to today's programme?

8 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Goodness me, a "lassie"?

Looks from her bio like a suitably qualified broadcast journalist to me. Are you planning on putting up pictures, bios, gender and age information about any of the other contributors to today's programme?

Was more a comment on her age - not many teenagers on OAM. I have listened to McLaughlin, Dewar, Brown etc over the years without need to comment on their gender.

Whose bio would you like? I'll try and get it for you before the Offended Bus comes along.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Was more a comment on her age - not many teenagers on OAM. I have listened to McLaughlin, Dewar, Brown etc over the years without need to comment on their gender.
Whose bio would you like? I'll try and get it for you before the Offended Bus comes along.

Nice wee edit. I'm not even remotely offended, just highlighting your weird posting about the teenage lassie.

What's modern society like eh? You can't go ferreting about the Google to post pictures of lassies, without any possible context to do so, without some snowflake finding you a bit of an outdated sexist.

2 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Nice wee edit. I'm not even remotely offended, just highlighting your weird posting about the teenage lassie.

What's modern society like eh? You can't go ferreting about the Google to post pictures of lassies, without any possible context to do so, without some snowflake finding you a bit of an outdated sexist.

I only googled her because she had what is typically a lad's name and sounded like a young teenage boy. I was surprised to see the BBC using a recently left school teen and that was the purpose of the post. The pic was illustrative of the post.

I have no idea what Sandra Brown or Heather Dewar look like, nor do I care. I am not remotely sexist and as I said before, I have no view on any of the BBC's female employees / freelancers (unless they're shite - and that equally applies to the men as well). 

I will accept ageist but sexist is wide of the mark on this one. I couldn't give the slightest shit whether the BBC use men or women.

11 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I only googled her because she had what is typically a lad's name and sounded like a young teenage boy. I was surprised to see the BBC using a recently left school teen and that was the purpose of the post. The pic was illustrative of the post.

I have no idea what Sandra Brown or Heather Dewar look like, nor do I care. I am not remotely sexist and as I said before, I have no view on any of the BBC's female employees / freelancers (unless they're shite - and that equally applies to the men as well). 

I will accept ageist but sexist is wide of the mark on this one. I couldn't give the slightest shit whether the BBC use men or women.

Don’t know what the edit was but I never took anything sinister from your post

Just now, microdave said:

One thing that constantly gets on my nerves is pundits getting people's names wrong. Allan Preston kept switching between Nisbet and Nesbit today while WIllie Miller kept calling the Dundee United manager Mickey Mellons. 

I don’t know which of these are correct

20 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Surprised that no-one commented that last night they suggested Hearts performance would be challenging for Europe without acknowledging the lower level they play at now.

Especially considering that United had a similar performance and exactly the same result as that against Dundee last season. We’ve made a decent start in the top flight, but we’re nowhere near challenging for a European place. 

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

OTHUR CUNTREES HUV FANZ IN!!!

Was incredible, how brazenly they continued to compare apples and oranges with season ticket holders in stadiums and folk in shops/cinemas/restaurants.

Genuinely can't decide if they are at it or really this stupid.