Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Whichever muppet is commentating the St Mirren v Livi game keeps Scott Robertson instead of Scott Robinson, done enough research to know he was the youngest Hearts debutant, so f**k knows how he keeps getting it wrong.

We've also apparently got Dom Thomas refereeing rather than Don Robertson.

Julie Fleeting & Brian McLaughlin apparently. 

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

They have Steven Thompson as a presenter FFS.

Ive been in Steven Thompsons company a couple of times and he’s a very very sound guy, but a TV presenter he is not. The Championship games he presented last season were hard to watch, as he was unable to listen to whoever was in his ear at the same time as speak to the camera. I’m sure it’s quite a difficult thing to do with no previous experience, hopefully he’s a bit better this season. 

4 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Ah nothing like a bit casual sexism isn't there...

I say it as a woman who has followed football for years. The two woman on Sportsound are terrible, make mistakes regularly and are not a positive image of woman who follow football.

21 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I'm sure I've told this story before, but Tam Cowan detests Hibs. A mate of mine used to do a Hibs fanzine and was a semi regular guest on OTB. Hibs were playing at Ibrox and the away end sold out. The guests on the programme were able to watch their teams games on a BBC feed with Tam and Stewart between the two shows. My mate asked Cosgrove if they could get a couple of additional bodies in as they didn't have tickets, and was told no bother. They were having a few beers watching the game, Hibs scored, a beer got knocked over by one of the invited guests, and utterly fucked Tam Cowans jokebook he'd been adding to for years. Complete tantrum to the point that everyone in the room thought he was at it so were laughing like f**k. Cowan stormed out of the room, and has hated Hibs ever since.

And that's the reason why Tam Cowan hates Hibs. His reaction to the 2016 final wasn't pro ***, it was anti Hibs.

Aye, you mentioned that story a couple months back - it makes a lot of sense because I could never work out exactly why he didnt like us, it wasnt like there was any Well / Hibs enmity.

He does come across as a bit of a man child who would keep that anger going for years.

Good to see fans of other clubs getting on board the "Tams a bam" express now though.

36 minutes ago, Green Day said:

it makes a lot of sense because I could never work out exactly why he didnt like us, it wasnt like there was any Well / Hibs enmity.

You obviously never went near the 'Bridge of Death' in the late 80's, early 90's when Tam would actually be going to the games.

On the subject of Sportsound females, I thought Julie Fleeting was very good yesterday. It was my first time listening to her. She had good tactical analysis, knowledge of the players and a good radio voice. A refreshing lack of clichés from her, too.

On the subject of Sportsound females, I thought Julie Fleeting was very good yesterday. It was my first time listening to her. She had good tactical analysis, knowledge of the players and a good radio voice. A refreshing lack of clichés from her, too.
Probably helps that she was such a good player and has experienced the game in different countries (think she played for Arsenal down south and also in the USA?). Half the pundits on Sportsound (male or female) sound like the only different culture they've experienced is an Irish bar in Benidorm.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

She also works as a teacher I think (or at least she did at some point), so she's used to communicating ideas to children on a daily basis.

FTFY

It's a far more important skill when broadcasting to the Scottish public ;)

Don't know why I'm even bothering mentioning this as it's no surprise to anyone. 

Dundee United v St Johnstone recap.

"Fair Result, Dundee United better team in the first half, St. Johnstone better in the second half." 

Then 3-4 minutes of talking about United, Shankland & Harkes etc. No mention of Liam Craig's finish, no mention of Spoonys miss at 1-0 prior to the sending off. Barely any mention of the sending off. No mention on reason why penalty was given to United. No mention of Saints half chances to take the lead. 

Just not very impartial journalism but hardly surprise when it was John Daly. 

Saints goal got the first mention when CD was interviewed post match. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Do they not? 

If this is going to turn into a "shite crowd" patter then take it somewhere else. 

It was the most obvious fishing trip of the day, cannae believe you bit

animals-fish-fishing-fishers-fishermen-angles-smb070616_low.jpg.f4041f0d23e33daf8f50c69d0a3c8c19.jpg