Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Kenny McIntyre was decent as a host/referee today. A number of times he tried to hold Tom English to account. I wonder if some of this is in relation to the barrage of complaints that have come.into BBC Scotland recently over the program. Definitely noticed a subtle change on recent times. If not and it was on Kenny's own back then deserves slightly more.credit than he already did for today.

Was it Kenny who called Chic a lapdog last week, if so he has certainly upped his game from last seasons midweek evening shows.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Dave Cormack calling for an review of the governance of Scottish football. 

Tom English - "This is a very successful businessman" :lol:

He's got to be trolling now.

Maybe I'm moving in the wrong circles, but selling your stake in a company for more than £500m seems relatively successful to me.

https://www.scottishfinancialnews.com/article/former-aberdeen-fc-chief-executive-scoops-567m-in-company-sale

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I thought Kenny McIntyre was good.

And the point the Raith chairman made about the 28 day period is a good one. The chairmen know these roles because knowing how to run a company is their business. Journalists (e.g. Tom English) don't know the rules. And I myself didn't know either and I was actually quite critical of the vote initially. But I went and read up on why the law is the way it is and why it is appropriate for a board to influence the outcome of the vote. I guess educating himself on the topic is no match for Tom's deeply held beliefs.

Whether chairmen knew the 28 day rule or not it was clearly explained in the paper work sent out - which was not some weighty 100 page plus tome as some seemed to suggest

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

Tom 'embodiment of polarising debate' English appeared to be far less bombastic during today's podcast. 

Apparently this was all about the 'governance of the game' & 'Scottish football punching below its weight' & he gave equal support to all of the five clubs involved in arbitration. His justification around the governance of the game requiring looked at seemed to be that 31% of clubs voted for an independent inquiry & that Dave Cormack thinks the SPFL is 'not run like a normal business'.

The arbitration panel found no illegality around the Dundee vote & that the SPFL 'behaved like any other company' in terms of how this was handled.  However, Tom English still feels that this is still a grey area & won't be convinced until he sees the transcript.

Levein sounds like he has been mainlining tears from JKB & advertised their proposed boycott on the national broadcaster.

Both require compassionate leave from the airwaves at present.   

In reality in this type of vote the spfl board gets to try and persuade clubs to vote yes and support their proposal - thus what happened with Dundee

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

In reality in this type of vote the spfl board gets to try and persuade clubs to vote yes and support their proposal - thus what happened with Dundee

Apologies, that was a direct quote rather than an indication of my disbelief that this was the case.  I fully accept the findings of the arbitration panel, unlike Mr. English.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Raith Chairman was good but he was taking the pish when he said he'd rather have come second to Falkirk and avoided all the pressure, or something like that.

He also claimed that 14-14-16 would have meant only one loser (Cove), which is nonsense.

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

Maybe I'm moving in the wrong circles, but selling your stake in a company for more than £500m seems relatively successful to me.

https://www.scottishfinancialnews.com/article/former-aberdeen-fc-chief-executive-scoops-567m-in-company-sale

I'm not disputing his success at all. It is just hilarious for him to use the phrase 'successful businessman' after he has been going on for weeks about how Ann Budge is a 'successful businesswoman' and as such her opinions should trusted completely. 

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Also the fact he said they needed to fight their own corner has a contradiction to it saying they wouldn't have taking it to court.

He pretty much covered that though when he pointed out that he engaged counsel when on the defensive, but wouldn’t have done so on the offensive.

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

How is it disgraceful that Doncaster stated that the SPFL's actions were vindicated? What a hysterical fanny Levein is. 

I think it's because there is no place for the facts in Scottish football, or at least on Sportsound

English is just a fucking depressing parody of himself. All that pearl clutching and faux outrage over Doncaster getting it up them a tiny wee bit after all the shit thrown at him over the last few months. Imagine what an absolute c**t you've made out of yourself when you end up on the wrong side of an argument with Neil fucking Doncaster.

Tuned in expecting to hear a contrite English admit he was wrong, but no dice. The roaster is even more unrepentant and obtuse giving out proven false and one sided maroon tinted narratives that even Levein would be pushed to come up with.  Levein is obviously a Hearts die hard and Budge surrogate so I expect nothing less from him, but English is supposed to be an impartial journalist with a code of ethics and principals. I'd go as far to say he disgraced himself in that 60 minutes and but for the Raith Rovers guest offering a semblance of balance it would have been an hour long poor Queen Ann and eff the dirty cheating SPFL greet fest. Wakey wakey! Tom English you two bit trumpet. The independent panel sunk all your conspiracy theories and that pal is that! Go cash your cheque from Queen Ann and kindly stfu. 

Craig Levein is a seething mess, but I get the feeling he is actually loving the whole situation. Levein and successful business woman Anne Budge are getting a free ride from the press, and Hearts fans. Which is wild considering Hearts are in the mess they are mainly due to them two and their incompetence 

Guest JTS98
20 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

Craig Levein is a seething mess, but I get the feeling he is actually loving the whole situation. Levein and successful business woman Anne Budge are getting a free ride from the press, and Hearts fans. Which is wild considering Hearts are in the mess they are mainly due to them two and their incompetence 

Folk just making stuff up now, aye?

The 'successful businesswoman' patter is maybe the most tragic thing to come out of this whole situation.

The football chat equivalent of laughing at Mrs Brown's Boys.

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Folk just making stuff up now, aye?

The 'successful businesswoman' patter is maybe the most tragic thing to come out of this whole situation.

The football chat equivalent of laughing at Mrs Brown's Boys.

Fair enough maybe being a bit economical with the truth. They do get a hard time, but nowhere near enough imo. The fact is if they both done their jobs properly Hearts wouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the league. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

Fair enough maybe being a bit economical with the truth. They do get a hard time, but nowhere near enough imo. The fact is if they both done their jobs properly Hearts wouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the league. 

It's certainly an interesting point. I think you're the first to make it.