Sportsound Watch

Richard Gordon
"If they do start the new competition on 26th December, does that mean the 19/20 winners are only the holders for 6 days?"
Wonder when he thinks the final is??????????????
200.gif&key=9bd400fcbf5b6fbc9b1b40ee0dc62b0c15c823e0d1d76f8fdc8abc44c4ab7ab6
Aye that was a shocker. You could tell God was on the verge of chewing him out for being a spangle but opted for diplomatic silence.

Just now, Green Day said:

Aw fucks sake, now Neil McCann is using his "brain" to tell us how things are..........................

Neil McCann and James McFadden on the same programme, bloody hell. At least Willie Miller is there as the voice of knowledge.

Just now, kingjoey said:

Neil McCann and James McFadden on the same programme, bloody hell. At least Willie Miller is there as the voice of knowledge.

I have tried to avoid this program over the summer, but whenever they have been talking about the relegations etc, WM has been - on many occasions - the only sensible voice while idiots like McCann, Preston etc vomit words out like "no fair" "sporting integrity" like the babies they are.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Richard Gordon

"If they do start the new competition on 26th December, does that mean the 19/20 winners are only the holders for 6 days?"

Wonder when he thinks the final is??????????????

frustrated head GIF

Liked when NM was bleating about Hearts fans blaming the rest of Scottish football for everything, Richard Gordon came back with “They should blame their players for being rubbish for 10 months”.

Fair play.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Which years this week? I download from BBC Sounds and listen during the week. I’m hoping for 1972.

2000, definitely not a vintage year.  Shite that it's only an hour long now, you used to get at least one decent hour of proper oldies.

14 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Fat Brian just said "dont rule out the Court of Session again" - cue the JKB arseholes on here telling us that if arbitration doesnt work then they have "recourse to the court".

gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

He also said all the evidence, witness statements and QC arguments were in by Wednesday. Lord Clark took a lunch break to decide his verdict, although with far less to consider. I'm just wondering if they've found a legal issue they don't feel qualified to make a judgement on, and the panel decides to refer it back to the Court of Sessions. 

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He also said all the evidence, witness statements and QC arguments were in by Wednesday. Lord Clark took a lunch break to decide his verdict, although with far less to consider. I'm just wondering if they've found a legal issue they don't feel qualified to make a judgement on, and the panel decides to refer it back to the Court of Sessions. 

Nothing legal to decide, is it fair or no fair?

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is the panel not made up of Judges?

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Technically they're judging the arbitration so yes, but the shortlist is made up of people who are experienced current or retired legal professionals, not necessarily judges.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Technically they're judging the arbitration so yes, but the shortlist is made up of people who are experienced current or retired legal professionals, not necessarily judges.

Ta, hadnt really paid that much attention to this lower league pish  - I knew they were legally qualified though.

26 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The chairman is, or at least a retired one or a Sheriff.* The other 2 don't need to be.Just wondering if a legal issue in Company Law that came up that they couldn't find a precedent for, whether they would send it up for a ruling.

P.S.*As @Aim Here said he doesn't necessarily have to have been a judge.

image.thumb.png.e3186df478fecf1fb6b533cfd26ed9cd.png

Edited by welshbairn

When speaking of a December Cup Final, they searched for precedent in citing a 1990s League Cup final from late November.  It might have been easier to just mention last season's, which happened on 8th December 2019.

It also needed James McFadden to highlight why allowing 5 subs might not be advantageous for some clubs.  It hadn't occurred to anyone else.  Between them all, the capacity for thought is pretty limited.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Chief executive Neil Doncaster, however, said he was still "looking forward with confidence to the resumption of matches next weekend, so long as Minnie Caldwell tribute-act Ann Budge and her colon-cleaning ramora fish Tom English stop trying to sabotage the plan."

I take it you've paraphrased slightly?

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

They were saying publicly there portraying everyone working together etc but behind the scenes they weren't happy with Lawwell demanding action and criticising them publicly as well as being quite pushy behind the scenes too (being pushy is understandable though). 

Whereas the Scottish Gov are just sticking to the planned, steady approach and not allowing football to be prioritised further. 

Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely DYING to get back to games. Sad but true to admit I'm genuinely sad that I'm not looking forward to heading to an away day next Saturday. I'd be excited now. 

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

2000, definitely not a vintage year.  Shite that it's only an hour long now, you used to get at least one decent hour of proper oldies.

That must be the second hour between 2 and 3. Normally between 1 and 2 it’s either a year from the 60s or 70s.