Sportsound Watch

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not that it will make a difference but I've put in a complaint about English's bias.

It's not journalism by any stretch of the imagination - but ill-informed, factually inaccurate guff supporting one side of the argument but never exploring the other side.

I expect better.

Same here. Had enough, he is on a publicly funded broadcaster not a fan podcast.

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

Aye but we all know the circumstances regarding the league being finished, the dodgy dundee vote etc, all members they have a duty of care to the other clubs.

And hearts have a duty of care to the other clubs to accept the final league standings.

Guest SJP79
5 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

And hearts have a duty of care to the other clubs to accept the final league standings.

They do but also have the right to fight thier case if they feel they have been treated unfairly. 

Edited by SJP79

4 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

They do but they also have the right to fight thier case if they have been treated unfairly. 

They havent been treated unfairly by the clubs.The situation has caused the unavoidable premature ending of the league and hearts Have simply been unlucky.

I'm a Hibby and even i have a slight bit sympathy, even if you couldnt see it if you pointed the hubble telescope in my face from a yard.

Edited by Sparticus
spel

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not that it will make a difference but I've put in a complaint about English's bias.

It's not journalism by any stretch of the imagination - but ill-informed, factually inaccurate guff supporting one side of the argument but never exploring the other side.

I expect better.

I've done the same. Not that it will make any difference but the BBC legal department need to be keeping an eye on this clown and his lack of journalistic objectivity, obvious hatred of certain people and borderline libellous comments. A shitshow of a programme.

Guest SJP79
3 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

They havent been treated unfairly by the clubs.The situation has caused the unavoidable premature ending of the league and hearts jave simply been unlucky.

I'm a Hibby and even i have a slight bit sympathy, even if you couldnt see it if you pointed the hubble telescope in my face from a yard.

But in thier opinion they have been treated unfairly by the other member clubs and the SPFL and therefore have a right to fight thier case in the courts. 

Edited by SJP79

Just now, SJP79 said:

But in thier opinion they have been treated unfairly by the other member clubs and therefore have a right to fight thier case in the courts. 

its a democracy and no unfairness has happened full stop.Everyone has voted in their own interest including hearts.Any outcome therefore is fair and must be accepted.go to court at your own peril.this will end bad for hearts.

2 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

But in thier opinion they have been treated unfairly by the other member clubs and the SPFL and therefore have a right to fight thier case in the courts. 

The SPFL rules they signed up to say that they should take their case to CAS first. 

Of course, we know what CAS would say.

Guest SJP79
4 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

its a democracy and no unfairness has happened full stop.Everyone has voted in their own interest including hearts.Any outcome therefore is fair and must be accepted.go to court at your own peril.this will end bad for hearts.

Yes and in democracies you have certain legal rights and one of those rights is to pursue legal action if you feel its justified, they clearly feel they have a strong case so they are taking it the legal route. 

Its not up to you to decide what's fair and what is'nt thats up to the legal system. 

Edited by SJP79

Yes and in democracies you have certain legal rights and one of those rights is to pursue legal action if you feel its justified, they clearly feel they have a strong case so they are taking it the legal route. 

Its not up to you to decide what's fair and what is'nt thats up to the legal system. 

Well we'll find out anyway.I think though they shouldn't, SPFL clubs will chuck a low settlement at hearts and they'll take it.SPFL probably within its rights to chuck hearts and partick out the league but wont do it out of the sheer bad luck covid put them in.

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Well we'll find out anyway.I think though they shouldn't, SPFL clubs will chuck a low settlement at hearts and they'll take it.SPFL probably within its rights to chuck hearts and partick out the league but wont do it out of the sheer bad luck covid put them in.

Yes it will be interesting to see how it plays out but i believe there is a few twists left in this debacle that will ultimatley lead to some form of reconstruction of the leagues. 

Just now, SJP79 said:

Yes it will be interesting to see how it plays out but i believe there is a few twists left in this debacle that will ultimatley lead to some form of reconstruction of the leagues. 

That just moves the cost onto other clubs though and turns out a far worse product.There is no solution to this.

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

That just moves the cost onto other clubs though and turns out a far worse product.There is no solution to this.

Lets be honest the product at the top level is a two horse race with the rest picking up the scraps, it could'nt be any worse than it already is. 

Lets be honest the product at the top level is a two horse race with the rest picking up the scraps, it could'nt be any worse than it already is. 

Tell me about the nature of the reconstruction that would remedy this.

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Tell me about the nature of the reconstruction that would remedy this.

I am not sure there is, only highlighting how the league actually is as a product. 

Just now, SJP79 said:

No one really wants a 14 team league.Even hearts dont want it.Thats why it was voted against.The other clubs even had the same 10-10-10 and STILL voted against it.Hearts should back down now with a bit grace.AB should show a bit grace and accept it on sporting merit grounds..Then things will improve dramatically.

Guest SJP79
8 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

No one really wants a 14 team league.Even hearts dont want it.Thats why it was voted against.The other clubs even had the same 10-10-10 and STILL voted against it.Hearts should back down now with a bit grace.AB should show a bit grace and accept it on sporting merit grounds..Then things will improve dramatically.

AB is just doing what she feels is in the best interests of her club, whether she is right or wrong will be decided in time. 

What happens if a premier league club is unable to fulfil thier fixtures due to financial implications of Covid-19 ?

Edited by SJP79

Just now, SJP79 said:

AB is just doing what she feels is in the best interests of the club, whether she is right or wrong will be decided in time. 

What happens if a premier league club is unable to fulfil thier fixtures due to financial implications of Covid-19 ?

They'll probably get some kind of loan facility due to covid would guess.Imo they need to get fans in grounds by this years end or football is in big trouble.

Guest SJP79
2 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

They'll probably get some kind of loan facility due to covid would guess.Imo they need to get fans in grounds by this years end or football is in big trouble.

They may get them back but in reduced numbers id imagine. 

3 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
3 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:
Was he as slow as this on the pitch?

I know of a guy who was thrown out of Pittodrie, somewhat inebriated, for shouting "David Winnie you're both pish".

Recall a game during the 1992 Olympics, Dons fan behind me in South Stand... "hey ref, I'll give you a f***ing gold medal if you send that c**t Winnie off!".

Utter mule.