Sportsound Watch

English and the failure were given free hand at talking over Findlay at every opportunity by the presenter. A decent, competent moderator could have made todays podcast an interesting listen. The BBC sport department is clearly not fit for purpose. I demand an independent inquiry. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is anyone really surprised, eminent QC, Donald Findlay is running rings round these mugs? His personal views might be on the iffy side, but he's not daft.

Indeed. He is an intelligent man, and the two men he was debating (in the loosest possible sense) are not.

25 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

English and the failure were given free hand at talking over Findlay at every opportunity by the presenter. A decent, competent moderator could have made todays podcast an interesting listen. The BBC sport department is clearly not fit for purpose. I demand an independent inquiry. 

Ten minutes in to the podcast. English continually shouting over Findlay. When he accidentally speaks over Levein he apologises and let's Levein continue. w****r.

Touch of class when Levein suggested Hearts may refuse to loan the likes of Cowdenbeath players as they dared to vote against the proposal default_laugh.png

True colours there, an absolute bitter old c**t who should never work in Football again 

I heard this - despite not even being an employee of the club anymore, just the way Levein thinks.

It’s as if only one club benefits from loans too.

26 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

"Did you pick up the phone to Hearts?" WTF English.

That was probably best line😂

Interesting though that Budge stated her continued intention to get feedback from clubs.
Now both Cowdenbeath and previously Clyde saying they had no contact from the successful business women at all.  Can’t confirm if our Chairman called her right enough Tom!

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Interesting though that Budge stated her continued intention to get feedback from clubs.
Now both Cowdenbeath and previously Clyde saying they had no contact from the successful business women at all.  Can’t confirm if our Chairman called her right enough Tom!

Yup. He was on the offensive and didn't expect Findlay to inform them Hearts hadn't been in touch. Said the first thing that came to his head to try and make Findlay look daft and made a rip roaring c**t of it.

1 hour ago, blackislekillie said:

You could always go down the legal route...

12 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I think it was previously reported she didn't have any/many contacts for the lower divisions.

I'm sure there would be a list of club secretaries somewhere.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Donald Findlay may be an utter c**t of a human being but Tom English & Craig Levein thinking they can out-argue a man that pulls off this look is deluded:

Donald Findlay says Rangers are a 'new entity' which must ...

He could've sent his wig and pipe on their own and still won.

5 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

If you are prepared to underwrite my losses im in. 😀

You could always start Foundation of blackislekillie and get your supporters to pay for it.

You were going to get relegated, one thing we can guarantee is that Hearts were going down Craig. Even since you left, they were going down. 

Loved it. 

Tom English has really came across badly since this kicked off. It's not even because of the side he is batting for, but more the way he is unable to ask a question normally and listen then react to the answer. If he doesn't get the answer he wants then he just repeats it over and over. He has not appeared to be able to deal with interviewees or fellow panelists who explain things to him or right his wrongs. He becomes very petulant and stubborn and likes to put words in people's mouth. I think he is more suited to written journalism where no one can give him a different view point, answer him back or tell him he is wrong. 

41 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

You were going to get relegated, one thing we can guarantee is that Hearts were going down Craig. Even since you left, they were going down. 

Loved it. 

Tom English has really came across badly since this kicked off. It's not even because of the side he is batting for, but more the way he is unable to ask a question normally and listen then react to the answer. If he doesn't get the answer he wants then he just repeats it over and over. He has not appeared to be able to deal with interviewees or fellow panelists who explain things to him or right his wrongs. He becomes very petulant and stubborn and likes to put words in people's mouth. I think he is more suited to written journalism where no one can give him a different view point, answer him back or tell him he is wrong. 

Maybe he had a job offer if they stayed up?

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think it was previously reported she didn't have any/many contacts for the lower divisions.

I'm sure there would be a list of club secretaries somewhere.

Contacts for clubs are easily found on their websites and, usually, their social media too.