Sportsound Watch

Thought the unwashed did not speak to the BBC, well Mr English knew more about this P**h than most clubs. But it's not colt teams its B team, said Somebody FFS! they must think we are all stupid. So the bigot twins stuff the colt teams full of young foreigner' s, steal even more of others clubs young talent. As for Pumping money into the lower tiers my arse, they are giving a payment for five years and it goes down every year, a pittance compared to what they get out of it. But its ok if any other teams want a Colt team they can start in the even lower leagues. 

Lets all suck up to the ****, make's me sick ! 

33 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Neil McCann is completely clueless about lower leagues and the identity supporters have with their teams.

When Graham Tatters was on, making his points - McCann kept talking over him............its like he doesnt understand that sometimes with VOIP internet calls there is a delay - to do it once was excusable, but he kept doing it - he is a fanny.

That was enough to annoy me, but his continued assertion that Elgin must be positive for this proposal, that if he was in charge he would be totally gung ho and up for the challenge, and - almost saying - if they were not pro it, then it was some kind of admission of failure.

That this club chairman came on, articulated his rationale for the status quo was simply not enough for "Sporting Chance" McCann.

Piss off ya wee EBT suckling *** wankpiece.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The 'strategic partnership' nonsense is hot garbage.

6 loan players from one club? All youth players? One or two might be good but many would be utter pish. 

Also clubs would lose their identity. They would just become a development side in all but name.

The Gordon Strachan model....

BBC Scotland should take a good look at themselves. There was a time when the BBC was a world recognised broadcaster with good, professional presenters and guests. No more, it has dumbed down with the, Sun, Record, Radio Clydes and every other commercial broadcaster.

Dreadful stuff. No standards, no point. 

Guest JTS98
10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Hearts fans were happy to be a subsidiary of FBK Kaunas and take a full team of players on loan from them because it brought success on the park.

I can only assume you're too young to remember the pre-Romanov situation at Hearts. Especially since you ignored the part of my post that mentioned finances.

Also, do you think Stenny would be getting their pick of a Premiership side's first-team players like Hearts were? Would Hearts be signing players from Porto or Benfica and punting them off to Stenny?

I'm not sure you know what subsidiary means.

For the record, I would fully understand Stenny fans supporting a plan that saw their team being given a choice of Hearts' first-team players or that saw Hearts sign good players and then loan them immediately to Stenny, effectively becoming Stenny players. Especially if those loans were then made transfers to allow Stenny to sell the players for money.

One wonders if Kaunas fans would have felt like the big boys in that relationship.

Unless you can recall any players who were developed at Hearts for the purpose of becoming Kaunas first-teamers.

So, apart from ignoring what I said and getting the idea totally backwards, that was a great post.

Congratulations on the cheap greenies fishing trip though. Top bantz.

Edited by JTS98

22 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I can only assume you're too young to remember the pre-Romanov situation at Hearts. Especially since you ignored the part of my post that mentioned finances.

Also, do you think Stenny would be getting their pick of a Premiership side's first-team players like Hearts were? Would Hearts be signing players from Porto or Benfica and punting them off to Stenny?

For the record, I would fully understand Stenny fans supporting a plan that saw their team being given a choice of Hearts' first-team players or that saw Hearts sign good players and then loan them immediately to Stenny, effectively becoming Stenny players. Especially if those loans were then made transfers to allow Stenny to sell the players for money.

Unless you can recall any players who were developed at Hearts for the purpose of becoming Kaunas first-teamers.

So, apart from ignoring what I said and getting the idea totally backwards, that was a great post.

'Stenny' is a gang, not a football club. Normally spray painted with one less 'n', namely 'Steny'.

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

'Stenny' is a gang, not a football club. Normally spray painted with one less 'n', namely 'Steny'.

Noted.

I'm still not typing that out several times a post, mind.

For me the word Stenhousemuir is like the word 'misery'. Perhaps it is for their supporters too.

But for me the connection is that even when I know I'm spelling them correctly, I think I'm getting them wrong.

Edited by JTS98

Inverness fired out nearly a whole team of youth players to Fort William.
How did that work out?
I think pretty much every single one of them were just released by the club. Fort William did become something of a hipster club for the Highland League though.

I'd go with pretty much anything to see ICT get promoted given our financial state but I draw theine at Colts teams. Having them in the Challenge Cup is bad enough. Having them in the league would be dreadful and would more than likely signal the end of my time with ICT.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think pretty much every single one of them were just released by the club. Fort William did become something of a hipster club for the Highland League though.

I'd go with pretty much anything to see ICT get promoted given our financial state but I draw theine at Colts teams. Having them in the Challenge Cup is bad enough. Having them in the league would be dreadful and would more than likely signal the end of my time with ICT.

Were they released due to the financial situation, or was it felt that some / all of them might not make it anyway?

If some of them might have made the grade, thats a real bummer.

Were they released due to the financial situation, or was it felt that some / all of them might not make it anyway?
Nah I don't think they were related. We seem to release the majority of our youth players most seasons with only about 3 maybe 4 being kept on. Shame as some of the guys that have gone had previously been talked up as being good prospects.

21 minutes ago, RiG said:
45 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Nah I don't think they were related. We seem to release the majority of our youth players most seasons with only about 3 maybe 4 being kept on. Shame as some of the guys that have gone had previously been talked up as being good prospects.

All youth development in this country works the same way. Most players are makeweights to fill out a team and give the genuine prospects a team to play in.

56 minutes ago, RiG said:

And Fort still finished bottom.

U20 players are there to be team mates to the select few good enough to earn a full-time living by 21 from football.

10 hours ago, JTS98 said:

One wonders if Kaunas fans would have felt like the big boys in that relationship.

The word "seethe" was invented for this post.

Leave him JTS98 he’s not worth it

11 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts absolutely were a subsidiary of FBK Kaunas, or at the very least both were subsidiary clubs of the same owner. They were bought over by the Kaunas owner and signed dozens of players on loan from them. Some of those loans were to put Lithuanian players in the shop window, many more were to allow the club to dodge tax. Neither of these seem like things that a supporter should be happy about their club doing.

Your managers were forced to play tripe like Linus Pilibaitis, Ricardas Beniusis or Eduardas Kurskis, something which I certainly can't imagine anyone could think was beneficial to Hearts in any way. Hearts didn't have a choice of players, they were given players. Coaches were installed in exactly the same way. I'm not sure how that is any different to Stenhousemuir being chucked six Hibs youngsters and a youth team coach - if anything Stenhousemuir have more agency in that situation.

I think this concept of subsidiary clubs and shared ownership is insidious, whether it's what is described here or the City football group enterprise which is essentially setting up franchises across the world. Hearts were involved in one of the very first schemes along these lines, and I think it would be reasonable for you to recognise that rather than throwing your hands up in the air and saying "but how could Stenhousemuir want something like this?".

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

All youth development in this country works the same way. Most players are makeweights to fill out a team and give the genuine prospects a team to play in.

And to illustrate the point Rangers just sign a 20 year old defender  from England today; I assume the defender they had lined up to put in their 1st team from their Colt team is injured or something!