Sportsound Watch

7 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I think that's what I was hinting at by "rejigging of the lower leagues". Championship could effectively become a league for whatever clubs are able to start up in the autumn. If there's more than 10 clubs who want to be involved, bring them in too.

There is no way clubs will be jumping over clubs from their finishing positions.
Self interest is more important than sympathy.

18 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I think that's what I was hinting at by "rejigging of the lower leagues". Championship could effectively become a league for whatever clubs are able to start up in the autumn. If there's more than 10 clubs who want to be involved, bring them in too.

To develop that thinking;  Lets use Clyde as an example.

We decide to take a financial risk and play a team in an expanded Championship of say 12 teams who can put out a team.

Clyde finish 12th as they have lowest budget.

When the following season starts and everyone else is back, do Clyde

1. Get relegated back to Division 1 as they finished last? If so, who replaces them?

2. Do they stay in the Championship as all other teams restart in the lower leagues?

3. When the lower leagues restart, which league does someone like Stranraer play in? Or Cove? 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your post is all about hearts but my original question was in a sporting context the jags had more sympathy.
It's been answer by a few posts on here that there is no sympathy in Scottish football so get doon.
For the jags it's a different story they find themselves in a lower league where it's very possible part-time is the answer.
Plus if clubs hibernate in that league no football is the answer, i'm pretty sure that will have a devastating effect on the jags. 

^^^Needs more Jags to present a false affinity with another club rather than the usual " if it it's good for Celtic it's good for football" shite.

Come on lads, this thread has drifted on to areas other than "Tom English is a p***k" "Chick Young is an old doddery erse" "Biscuits is a wee fat jambo squealer" etc etc

Lets get it back on track before the weekend, eh?

I will start - Wonder how long it will take Tom English to tell us that "Ann Budge will now have no option other than to take legal action" and in some way deflect from his series of made up nonsense since March.

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

So Kelty Hearts or any other jumped up social club outfit should be promoted to the second tier based on zero sporting merit, so long as they're willing to splash the cash to play this autumn?

Get your idea in the fucking sea. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

So Kelty Hearts or any other jumped up social club outfit should be promoted to the second tier based on zero sporting merit, so long as they're willing to splash the cash to play this autumn?

Get your idea in the fucking sea. 

To be fair to James that seems to be what Falkirk are after. Which is reason enough to bin it.

To develop that thinking;  Lets use Clyde as an example.
We decide to take a financial risk and play a team in an expanded Championship of say 12 teams who can put out a team.
Clyde finish 12th as they have lowest budget.
When the following season starts and everyone else is back, do Clyde
1. Get relegated back to Division 1 as they finished last? If so, who replaces them?
2. Do they stay in the Championship as all other teams restart in the lower leagues?
3. When the lower leagues restart, which league does someone like Stranraer play in? Or Cove? 

Just throw your toys out the pram, kick and scream, threaten to take legal action about being 'expelled' from the league. You'll get on fine.

Very eye opening interview with Michael O'Neill on today's Sportsound podcast regarding what Stoke City players and staff have to go through at training most days. The Scottish government may set up different rules/criteria for each club up here, but more likely to be more stringent if anything. Zero chance that any part time club would be able to get training up and running.

Guest JTS98
44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Very eye opening interview with Michael O'Neill on today's Sportsound podcast regarding what Stoke City players and staff have to go through at training most days. The Scottish government may set up different rules/criteria for each club up here, but more likely to be more stringent if anything. Zero chance that any part time club would be able to get training up and running.

Just heard that.

It's hard to see how that flies in Scotland. Part-time clubs have no chance of doing it, but the whole process even sounds like a stretch for most Premiership clubs.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Come on lads, this thread has drifted on to areas other than "Tom English is a p***k" "Chick Young is an old doddery erse" "Biscuits is a wee fat jambo squealer" etc etc

Lets get it back on track before the weekend, eh?

I will start - Wonder how long it will take Tom English to tell us that "Ann Budge will now have no option other than to take legal action" and in some way deflect from his series of made up nonsense since March.

Towards the end of today's podcast, the bold Thomas was promising more "news" for tomorrow.

I think I will go for a walk instead.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Although he also said that the "testing equipment" that only Celtic and Ross County have paid for was in fact for antibody testing, i.e. a test which shows if someone has had the virus at some point in the past. The papers were getting excited about that factoid today, but it's possible that clubs could have something else in place that would satisfy the SFA and government. Indeed, Rangers have already claimed that they are ready to start training.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

what Stoke City players and staff have to go through at training most days

Must admit I too would be pissed off if I was forced to work in Stoke...........

You can call it a bribe if you like, doesn't really matter

Eh? So what you are advocating is that the next time one of the perceived big clubs gets in relegation trouble, they just need a wealthy benefactor to open the chequebook and 'hey presto' league reconstruction and no relegation?

Yeah, sounds a great idea

8 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Although he also said that the "testing equipment" that only Celtic and Ross County have paid for was in fact for antibody testing, i.e. a test which shows if someone has had the virus at some point in the past. The papers were getting excited about that factoid today, but it's possible that clubs could have something else in place that would satisfy the SFA and government. Indeed, Rangers have already claimed that they are ready to start training.

It would have nothing to do with the SFA or, more correctly, the SPFL. Everyone would have to satisfy the government, and only the government. If clubs can’t do that, then presumably they wouldn’t be allowed to train. There is of course the possibility that the Scottish government will have less stringent criteria than the UK government, but I wouldn’t bet on that..

Can barely listen to the podcasts now. Tom English's patter is absolutely honking yet he howls at himself after he makes a god awful joke. Loves the sound of his own voice.

For a chief sports writer, what exclusives has he actually came up with? What ground breaking inside knowledge does he have, in general?

He has gone down the click bait route on twitter, which is always a bad road to go down.

31 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I would put a large wager on Tom English saying the rangers proposal is the saviour of our game. 

I think the Rangers plan was going to be the big exclusive, but they had to put it out last night because newspaper(s) got wind of it as well.