Sportsound Watch

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Doncaster statement!

Said he was under the impression that Budge was still talking to the mystery 'philanthropists' and that this is the first time he's heard the 'no strings attached' bit and as such is happy to now speak to them and will try to do so over the weekend.

So she's a lying c**t then?

26 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

So Budge has this cash available from pals to help the lower league clubs and the SPFL ask her to submit a paper. So.... something that actually has substance. And she calls this "nonsense".  If it's beyond her spending a few hours to prepare this, it might be a loada pish. Football is full of blowhards who talk a great game but cannot back up their words with hard cash.  Who says "yes", even to millions, on the basis of someone who's talked to someone? Is it Craig Whyte, Dave King or a Nigerian prince? Get it on paper, you numpty.

Naturally the pundits were all for it, swallowing her Boris-style fluff and bluster.

She was not impressive.

No surprise the Sportsound pundits missed the Money Laundering Regulations seminar.  JUST GIVE US THE MONEY.  

8 minutes ago, Public menace said:

My own opinion has always been a larger league would be better for Scottish football as a whole. Whether this is the time to implement this or not, I’m not too sure.

The whole reconstruction thing is an embarrassment towards hearts, spearheaded by budge. My own club (thistle), I would say have been the most unfairly treated due to the circumstances. Although the powers that be a firhill are raging at the way things have happened, I’m content that they haven’t embarrassed themselves on the level that budge has.

Though, a seven mill (if I’m picking the figure up correct) could be a massive financial injection in lot the lower leagues....

Disclaimer, I’ve no heard the radio yet and just going on the things I’ve picked up from here.

Apologies, mate - I mis-typed - it's a seven FIGURE sum. 

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

No surprise the Sportsound pundits missed the Money Laundering Regulations seminar.  JUST GIVE US THE MONEY.  

They were like rabid dogs.  And that Tom English is the chief sports writer?  Absolute fucking amateurs.  Like Talk Sport.  

Just now, paranoid android said:

I hope she hasn't jumped the gun when talking about someone else's money - surely not. 

The fact she refused to put anything in official writing is maybe a big hint there.

But obviously I'm incredibly biased so it's clearly me that's not noticing the small details that pick apart her story.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

I hope she hasn't jumped the gun when talking about someone else's money - surely not. 

She should 100% be called out for this.  She was hugely economical with the truth which drove the whole narrative of those wankers in the studio.  

She thinks she's clever.  She actually just reeks of desperation.

Even putting aside the desperate bribery aspect of it, I hate when people talk about a seven figure sum of money. 

If that is one million pounds and if all of that was given directly to the clubs (so not a penny to the SPFL or SFA themselves), and if it was split evenly between all 42 league clubs (which it never is) it would be just over £23,000 each. That's assuming they don't have to pay tax on it too.

Even in the current climate, and with furloughed players, £23k wouldn't last long for most clubs.

However, a seven figure sum could be over £9 million which would be an even split of over £214,000 each (with the same assumptions as above). That's a different thing entirely and could keep lower league clubs going for a lot longer. 

Of course we know it won't be the latter, and probably not even the former either. If they manage to get even a few hundred thousand, genuinely with no strings attached, they'll be doing well.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Doncaster calling her bluff on this, which I like. Clearly the first he's heard about this money being 'no-strings attached', and he'll see if that is indeed the case. I sure hope Ann wouldn't be lying about that, dear oh dear. That would be problematic.

49 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

That's the olive branch, but I think they're fucking mental to offer it.

Our grievance against demotion/expulsion would be better going down the legal route to cause maximum disruption. Lawwell and Doncaster know this.

Do you think that Rangers are a new club since 2012?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The fact she refused to put anything in official writing is maybe a big hint there.

But obviously I'm incredibly biased so it's clearly me that's not noticing the small details that pick apart her story.

I don't know if she refused - she seemed incredulous to be asked, though - it now seems that Doncaster is now happy to take discussions forward.

You are incredibly biased, though, so fair play for admitting that.