Sportsound Watch

Here’s what I said in the reconstruction thread about him - 

Gordon Strachan is a fucking moron and a terrible manager who is incorrectly lauded for winning the league at Celtic, which any football manager who has a working brain could've achieved.

He also failed to get Scotland to Euro 2016, when it was actually harder not to qualify, given we had an in transition Poland and terrible, jobber-laden South Ireland in the group.  He successfully managed to finish 4th behind the two mentioned and group winners Germany.

We can safely file his opinion on any football related matter in the nearest bin

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No idea what you were listening to, but as has been the case recently on a few Sportsounds, Chic comes away from it as the sensible voice among idiots. Never thought I'd be saying that a few months back.

Strachan is marmite just like the hypocrisy on this thread page after page of slagging off the guys on the show and when Strachan does it he gets it.
Young chic has never been sensible and should've retired years ago like Strachan said.
You lot had him as a player we had to suffer him as a manager,he gave us great nights against AC Milan and Man Utd plus the national team didn't lose for a year.
When he said dae somfing for me he has.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Strachan is marmite just like the hypocrisy on this thread page after page of slagging off the guys on the show and when Strachan does it he gets it.
Young chic has never been sensible and should've retired years ago like Strachan said.
You lot had him as a player we had to suffer him as a manager,he gave us great nights against AC Milan and Man Utd plus the national team didn't lose for a year.

If he was an ex Rangers title winning manager would you be praising his comments?

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Calling him marmite isn't praising his comments, if you're comparing him with McLeish then yes he is the better manager.

I presumed you were praising him when you said this:

12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Monkey I hope you're staying safe,I would urge you to listen to it he gives young chic a new one even Mr broadfoot has a pop.

It's obvious for everyone to see you've formed this opinion because he's an ex Celtic title winning manager. You wouldn't be making the same comment if it was Charlie Adam, Neil McCann etc

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I presumed you were praising him when you said this:

It's obvious for everyone to see you've formed this opinion because he's an ex Celtic title winning manager. You wouldn't be making the same comment if it was Charlie Adam, Neil McCann etc

Not true,Strachan giving young chic it tight and Broadfoot sticking the nail in was funny.
Saying Strachan is marmite and saying we had to suffer him as a manager isn't singing his praises.
I didn't enjoy watching Strachan's team at Celtic even thou he got the best out of the players that were there at the time.
Yes hes a ex-Celtic manager but hes away down the list.

Thinking about it again, Strachan's comments of clubs 'should be more professional' gives off very 'Celtic players just want it more'  wastecoatwilly vibes.

As if clubs like Brechin and Albion Rovers just don't fancy being in the Premiership as much as the 12 clubs that are in it.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Strachan being a fantastic player for us, and pivotal in our eighties domination, does not stop me from saying that everything that he said on the podcast yesterday was utter bollocks. Chic gave him the runaround. 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes he had more respect for Strachan than Strachan had for him, he didn't have the bottle to bite back I think rinsed is the word your looking for.

You really do live in your own world and just outright make things up.