Sportsound Watch

Just started listening on playback and it's John Hartson talking about 9 in a row again. Yawn. 

Only just less irritating than Chick trying to second guess the best eleven team each week. There's not much in it mind. 

Why not get ex players from lower down the leagues to pick their best elevens? 42 senior teams in the country and you really wouldn't know it for the vast majority of time. 

The daily Sportsound Scottish Football Podcasts have generally been pretty good, up until today. A horrendous show with Gordon Strachan as a guest. The show was split between Strachan trying, unsuccessfully, to be funny, and Kenny McIntyre and Broadfoot laughing themselves silly like the sycophants that they certainly were today,  and Strachan telling all the wee Scottish clubs to piss off to the Juniors. Also lots of "this is how they do it in England" shite to top it all. 

On 24/05/2020 at 13:52, BukyOHare said:

Just started listening on playback and it's John Hartson talking about 9 in a row again. Yawn. 

Only just less irritating than Chick trying to second guess the best eleven team each week. There's not much in it mind. 

Why not get ex players from lower down the leagues to pick their best elevens? 42 senior teams in the country and you really wouldn't know it for the vast majority of time. 

Wrong

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The daily Sportsound Scottish Football Podcasts have generally been pretty good, up until today. A horrendous show with Gordon Strachan as a guest. The show was split between Strachan trying, unsuccessfully, to be funny, and Kenny McIntyre and Broadfoot laughing themselves silly like the sycophants that they certainly were today,  and Strachan telling all the wee Scottish clubs to piss off to the Juniors. Also lots of "this is how they do it in England" shite to top it all. 

In fairness when he said hes only started to listen to chic,that was funny.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've read Strachan's comments on the BBC page.  I certainly won't be listening to that particular podcast.  The guy is just an idiot.  I don't think I've ever heard him not talk shite.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've read Strachan's comments on the BBC page.  I certainly won't be listening to that particular podcast.  The guy is just an idiot.  I don't think I've ever heard him not talk shite.

It was a very difficult listen.

"If you think giving a good product is watching two teams in the bottom half of the Scottish Premiership playing on a plastic pitch, you're kidding yourself," he said. "Absolutely kidding yourself

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Monkey I hope you're staying safe,I would urge you to listen to it he gives young chic a new one even Mr broadfoot has a pop.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Monkey I hope you're staying safe,I would urge you to listen to it he gives young chic a new one even Mr broadfoot has a pop.

No idea what you were listening to, but as has been the case recently on a few Sportsounds, Chic comes away from it as the sensible voice among idiots. Never thought I'd be saying that a few months back.