Sportsound Watch

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

McCann thinks it's 'tough' that more teams will be relegated in a few years time and teams should make concessions to reconstruct and keep Hearts up. 

I'll tell you wot i find it really difficult to listen to him talk, he never seems to finish his own sentenc... Before he moves onto his next I'll tell you wot. 

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

McCann thinks it's 'tough' that more teams will be relegated in a few years time and teams should make concessions to reconstruct and keep Hearts up. 

I turned off again after that bit.

His "logic" was utterly incomprehensible, a bit like the contents of his brain.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Michael Stewart - Both sides [permanent & temporary] need to give concessions. That's why permanent clubs should agree to a temporary solution with the 'potential' for a permanent change.

Given permanent reconstruction could happen at any point in the future, that is not a concession from the temporary side.

I just didn't get his argument. Where is the concession from those wishing a temporary fix to help out Hearts?

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've no idea why Sportsound have deemed it worth giving up some of their time to an interview with Keith Wyness. He has absolutely no relevance to Scottish football. 

Maybe booked by the same member of the production team who , presumably , thought that Charlie Adam would have anything remotely original, intelligent or insightful to contribute on Midweek Sportsound a few days ago

Guest JTS98
10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've no idea why Sportsound have deemed it worth giving up some of their time to an interview with Keith Wyness. He has absolutely no relevance to Scottish football. 

They just need to drag anybody on to have something to talk about.

They had Leslie Deans on last week and lots of people were getting very worked up about what he said as if he worked for Hearts or had any influence there whatsoever.

What Leslie Deans has to say is of no relevance. Same with Wyness.

I think anybody listening to Sprtsound and hoping for a sensible discussion of what's going on just now is kidding themselves. Scotland does not have a football media with the capability of discussing things like this.

Edited by JTS98

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that very little is actually going on and there’s a lot of programme to fill they need Johnathon Agnew, Henry Blofeld and a Dundee Cake

whilst listeners wonder if they will ever tell you the current score or wickets down

On 16/05/2020 at 15:49, Green Day said:

I turned off again after that bit.

His "logic" was utterly incomprehensible, a bit like the contents of his brain.

When there's no football on they should just bin the likes of Mccann, Dodds etc. They have absolutely nothing to offer.

He was speaking as if a 14 team temporary league was the silver bullet to save all of Scottish football, not a half baked idea motivated by keeping Hearts in the Premiership.

Was listening to Clyde phone in on the way home from work yesterday and some mutant, Stewart from Renfrew I think it was, phoned in to say that Celtic getting the potential Champions League money along with being ‘given’ the title, was unfair to Rangers as they are trying to close the financial gap. When he was asked how he would dish out the European places apart from using the league standing, he said Doncaster got paid enough money to come up with something. 

To the surprise of nobody, none of the half wits on Clyde brought up the fact that Motherwell can actually still catch Rangers for 2nd place. Admittedly it would need Rangers to lose every remaining game and for Motherwell to win them all, but still a mathematic possibility, as has been Rangers fans argument for the past few weeks. I’m sure that argument hasn’t even registered in the heads of any Clyde pundit, or Sportsound for that matter. It’s genuinely saddening in this country that every single matter is reduced to Rangers V Celtic, the pundits actively champion it. 

I also read the other day that the Old Firm take turns annually of having a member on the SPFL board... does that not seem absolutely absurd to anyone else? Why not Hearts and Hibs taking turns each for a seat? Aberdeen and Dundee United? Kilmarnock and Ayr? St Mirren and Morton? The game panders to these two clubs at every turn and all we hear from their mutant supporters is that everyone and everything is out to get them. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Was listening to Clyde phone in on the way home from work yesterday and some mutant, Stewart from Renfrew I think it was, phoned in to say that Celtic getting the potential Champions League money along with being ‘given’ the title, was unfair to Rangers as they are trying to close the financial gap. When he was asked how he would dish out the European places apart from using the league standing, he said Doncaster got paid enough money to come up with something. 

To the surprise of nobody, none of the half wits on Clyde brought up the fact that Motherwell can actually still catch Rangers for 2nd place. Admittedly it would need Rangers to lose every remaining game and for Motherwell to win them all, but still a mathematic possibility, as has been Rangers fans argument for the past few weeks. I’m sure that argument hasn’t even registered in the heads of any Clyde pundit, or Sportsound for that matter. It’s genuinely saddening in this country that every single matter is reduced to Rangers V Celtic, the pundits actively champion it. 

I also read the other day that the Old Firm take turns annually of having a member on the SPFL board... does that not seem absolutely absurd to anyone else? Why not Hearts and Hibs taking turns each for a seat? Aberdeen and Dundee United? Kilmarnock and Ayr? St Mirren and Morton? The game panders to these two clubs at every turn and all we hear from their mutant supporters is that everyone and everything is out to get them. 

Celtic fans aren't in the least bit sensitive about this title award.

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

The guy who chairs the show, and is a Motherwell fan, mentioned this earlier in the week, but I can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday night.

Edited by paul wright scores

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Celtic fans aren't in the least bit sensitive about this title award.

If your referring to me as the Celtic fan then you are wide of the mark. I’ve said on here a few times I’m not a Celtic fan at all these days, and would change my user name if I could. Infact I think the way this title has been celebrated by both the club and the Celtic fans has been embarassing, and a club with a bit more class would have accepted the title in a slightly more toned down manner. But it’s the Old Firm,  where all that matters is 9, 10 and 20s in a row. 

I always feel it’s a bit like when you play Football Manager, and you get a team like Dundee United challenging to win the title and it’s quite exciting, then you win the title for the first time and your quite pleased with yourself. Then you win the next 3 titles in a row, winning almost every game and all of a sudden it’s mind numbingly boring and you move on. That’s how I imagine the life of an Old Firm fan is, they are the people who don’t move on, and as every year passes where they win the league again, the feeling of achievement should be getting lesser and lesser, but in their mind their sense of achievement gets greater and greater. It’s such a strange complex and I would imagine it ties in quite nicely with deficiencies they have in other parts of their life but I couldn’t say. 

53 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

The guy who chairs the show, and is a Motherwell fan, mentioned this earlier in the week, but I can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday night.

I only listened for 15 minutes, so if he said that then fair enough, at least one person has been able to see it. Is it Gordon Duncan that’s a Motherwell fan? Going by the snippets I’ve heard of him I would imagine he’s a Motherwell fan in the same way Chick Young is a St. Mirren fan.