Sportsound Watch

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The ease of the lockdown here begun properly on Monday here across the country. Still slightly different rules across all the states I believe but in general. Here's the graph of new cases: image.png.2113420de783c9cdc5fd885bc426aeec.pngAs you can see, there's a declining pattern on average and has been since near the end of March. Also bear in mind that from Monday although restaurants have been allowed to open, many haven't. If you look at all the other major European countries such as France, Spain and Italy, they all have a similar pattern of declining new cases since roughly the same time. 

Now go look at the UK and the USA...pretty much steady along the same period of time and certainly much higher than Germany. 

Not denying that. But they have had an increase of since Tuesday of approx 7500 cases ( just 2 days and not allnof Wedn as today hasn't finished). 3 areas have breached the limits set. They are in a good position, but the other benefit they have is they,  as a generalisation, have a population less likely to go "f**k you, I'm going out anyway"  unlike here.

The other half's grandparents were from Germany & she still has relatives over there. So we're in contact with them. Had been looking to.go back over again this year, but situation has over taken us. Still hopeful of getting over later to see 1 FC Lok kick off new season (hopefully) in Bundesliga 3.

4 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Not denying that. But they have had an increase of since Tuesday of approx 7500 cases ( just 2 days and not allnof Wedn as today hasn't finished). 3 areas have breached the limits set. They are in a good position, but the other benefit they have is they,  as a generalisation, have a population less likely to go "f**k you, I'm going out anyway"  unlike here.

The other half's grandparents were from Germany & she still has relatives over there. So we're in contact with them. Had been looking to.go back over again this year, but situation has over taken us. Still hopeful of getting over later to see 1 FC Lok kick off new season (hopefully) in Bundesliga 3.

Tuesday 12th May: 933

Monday 11th May: 357

Figures taken from rki.de 

Are you mixing up your numbers, or making this up? 

I must have missed the Sportsound episode where Tom English was giving a commentary on the German Covid 19 cases.......................although the way he has been reacting recently means its entirely feasible that he might have taken a side in that as well.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What?! They wanted to usher them straight in to the top tier and, when that didn't work, the second tier.

When that didn't work they were allowed to skip the queue for admission to the bottom tier, despite lacking in some of the criteria.

The authorities were absolutely behind helping this new club as much as they could, and remain deeply sycophantic towards them.

Also the neanderthal element of Sevco's support is not the minority; it's absolutely the majority, and a very large majority.

Their lack of self-awareness is incredible. The reason that Doncaster became so unpopular with the rest of Scottish football is because, as you say, he did everything he could to give them preferential treatment when they went bust and fed the idea that Scottish football couldn't cope without them.

Yet now its Rangers fans who think he is heading up some conspiracy against them. If there is one club in Scotland who should be a fan of Neil Doncaster, it is the new Rangers.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

4 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Their lack of self-awareness is incredible. The reason that Doncaster became so unpopular with the rest of Scottish football is because, as you say, he did everything he could to give them preferential treatment when they went bust and fed the idea that Scottish football couldn't cope without them.

Yet now its Rangers fans who think he is heading up some conspiracy against them. If there is one club in Scotland who should be a fan of Neil Doncaster, it is the new Rangers.

It was the spl clubs who were behind the attempted shoe horning, Neily was merely the lackey/henchman. 

I'm sure we can all remember the tears and spotters when the sfl did their own thing. 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

It was the spl clubs who were behind the attempted shoe horning, Neily was merely the lackey/henchman. 

I'm sure we can all remember the tears and spotters when the sfl did their own thing. 

There's truth in that.

Regan and Doncaster were disgraceful during the episode though.  They pushed the SPL to admit them.  SPL chairmen rejected this in order to appease their own clubs' fans. 

However, very cynically, many thought they could then bully SFL clubs into sticking them into their top tier, thus shortening any exile.  Gloriously, they failed, prompting spectacularly snottery responses from snivelling shits like Gilmour at St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's truth in that.

Regan and Doncaster were disgraceful during the episode though.  They pushed the SPL to admit them.  SPL chairmen rejected this in order to appease their own clubs' fans. 

However, very cynically, many thought they could then bully SFL clubs into sticking them into their top tier, thus shortening any exile.  Gloriously, they failed, prompting spectacularly snottery responses from snivelling shits like Gilmour at St MirrenT

The SFL hierarchy were worse. It was them who offered a place in their top division, fortunately the clubs rebelled, not for altruistic reasons though. They reckoned that every club should get the "blue pound" and to achieve that put them in the bottom division.

The SFL hierarchy were worse. It was them who offered a place in their top division, fortunately the clubs rebelled, not for altruistic reasons though. They reckoned that every club should get the "blue pound" and to achieve that put them in the bottom division.

The clubs rebelled primarily due to their own fans outrage.

Listening to today’s podcast, they have turned it into one third of clubs having no faith in the SPFL.  I don’t think that was what the vote was about.  I thought a number of clubs in favour just wanted to clear the air.  A smaller number had a deep seated problem with the process and some simply didn’t like the outcome of the vote.

20 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

The clubs rebelled primarily due to their own fans outrage.

True, the first division were keen, supporters reared up though, as did the diddy Chairmen when they thought there would be no trickle down money if they got in at tier 2. Then the plan was hatched to let them in the bottom.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The ease of the lockdown here begun properly on Monday here across the country. Still slightly different rules across all the states I believe but in general. Here's the graph of new cases: image.png.2113420de783c9cdc5fd885bc426aeec.pngAs you can see, there's a declining pattern on average and has been since near the end of March. Also bear in mind that from Monday although restaurants have been allowed to open, many haven't. If you look at all the other major European countries such as France, Spain and Italy, they all have a similar pattern of declining new cases since roughly the same time. 

Now go look at the UK and the USA...pretty much steady along the same period of time and certainly much higher than Germany. 

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

As I said no one is disputing the over all trend of Germany compared to UK, USA or any other country. That is not in dispute not what was said. Quoted you so that your graph is included

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Tuesday 12th May: 933

Monday 11th May: 357

Figures taken from rki.de 

Are you mixing up your numbers, or making this up? 

Yes mixing up figures, my German is poor & was trying to get figures during a quick break. Realised after I'd posted but didn't have time to come back and correct so have to take the flack for that.

Whether the slaughterhouse cases and/or care home cases are skewing the figures there had been a rise from Sunday to Wednesday with a small number of areas stopping the lifting of restrictions. The R rate as supplied by RKI is above 1, but they believe that as long as its not breaching 1.2 they are OK.

The original comment was not saying there is massive rises, nor was it saying its worse than UK. It was to do with restarting football. As Germany has lifted, there has been a rise in numbers of new cases, in some cases this is to be expected, as people mingle more etc. Whether this is enough of a trend or whether it was a 3 day blip it was difficult to say as of yesterday. As todays figures show a drop in new cases again.

I have included screenshots of your supplied graph to show falling new cases, and note the graphs trend showing an upward slant (increasing new cases). which is what I said originally and ties in with the "slaughterhouse and care home cases. Today's shows a not continuing trend and this rise may have been due to these and other "one offs" and not continuation, but the rise (small as it turns out) was inline timewise with the lifting.

Anyway this has f**k all to do with Sportsound

Screenshot_20200514-105750~2.png

Screenshot_20200514-105750~3.png

It's dropped again to 798 from 933. You're right though, it's meant to jump up no doubt with the continuation of the lifting of restrictions and quite frankly, laziness is settling in amongst people. I see it whenever I'm out running or have to go to the shops. 

Regarding the Bundesliga, I don't know whether it's a good idea or not. Money is the driving factor but my intuition tells me it's not a good idea. They've already announced they will post police around a few stadiums to disperse any crowds that might gather, straining police resources which would be better used elsewhere. 

Michael Stewart - Both sides [permanent & temporary] need to give concessions. That's why permanent clubs should agree to a temporary solution with the 'potential' for a permanent change.

Given permanent reconstruction could happen at any point in the future, that is not a concession from the temporary side.