Sportsound Watch

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I've just listened to Monday's Sportsound. Both Stewart Regan and Charlie Adam still insisting that the Premiership has to be played to a finish. Charlie Adam says that we should wait to see what England do. Regan says that Germany and England are going to finish their leagues so why can't we. Just a pair of havering half wits when it comes to football. 

That will be Germany that's finding a rise in infections since they eased their restrictions and a number of positive cases in teams.

The league has been called (champ down) & permission gained to call Prem. It isnthte correct decision. Allows everyone to prepare for next season, whenever that maybe. 

11 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

That will be Germany that's finding a rise in infections since they eased their restrictions and a number of positive cases in teams.

The league has been called (champ down) & permission gained to call Prem. It isnthte correct decision. Allows everyone to prepare for next season, whenever that maybe. 

Care to show me where you get your figures of rising number of cases in Germany? 

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Care to show me where you get your figures of rising number of cases in Germany? 

It's just the bullshit that the British media are peddling in order to show that the government is Getting it Right and the plebs should Know Their Place. They're absolutely desperate to report more infections and deaths in other countries to make the UK seem less shite by comparison, it's an utterly cringeworthy state of affairs.

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

@BonniePrinceCharlie you down voted this, fair dos everyone is entitled to their opinion,I resect that. But any chance you could debate and tell me where you think I'm wrong, from a Scottish football perspective, not a "I don't want to play championship football" persective?

Imagine someone not liking one of your excellent posts, that's outrageous. 

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Ach well if it's on a meme it must be ok then.

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

Imagine someone not liking one of your excellent posts, that's outrageous

No issue with that. Always been of the opinion if you have different opinion state it, debate it, you know like an adult. I'll like somemething I agree with, if i don't agree, I'll state my case.

Does that answer your facetious remark?

2 hours ago, Sursum Semper said:

During the administration/liquidation/readmission to Scottish Football saga, there were instances where, to any fair minded individual, it appeared that the football authorities were looking for any opportunity to kick Rangers. 

Wtf is this?

An absolutely stunningly stupid and inaccurate remark.

Leaving aside all DA Baracus' valid points about the authorities' attempts to favour Newco by launching them into the highest possible level of our game; there's also the small matter of allowing Rangers to retain trophies won in a spell during which they deliberately Improperly registered dozens of players, in order to conceal wrongdoing.

Piss away off with your ignorant "any fair minded individual" crap.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

14 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

No issue with that. Always been of the opinion if you have different opinion state it, debate it, you know like an adult. I'll like somemething I agree with, if i don't agree, I'll state my case.

Does that answer your facetious remark?

Still can't show me where German cases have gone up since the ease of the lockdown here? 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unless Tom English has some smoking gun evidence that he's been sworn to secrecy on (I doubt it) then he has surprised me a little on how far down the rabbithole he's gone with his views. He is speaking as someone who thinks he's holding cast iron evidence of wrongdoing. 

I generally like him as a pundit/journalist because his views are usually formed on solid information, even if I disagree with him. But on this occasion his sources of info are so narrow that he is coming across like a man with agenda, which I never had him down as.

I don't think he's got an agenda as such.

I just think he very firmly picked a side early on here, and has backed himself into an unsightly corner.  He's often critical of our game's administrators and it's usually justified.  This time though, doing so meant allying himself with clubs who very clearly do have an agenda.  He's overlooked that aspect, wilfully it seems, and has become something of a buffoon on the matter.

It's a pity.  He really needs a new subject to arise, one on which he can speak something other than gullible, misguided nonsense.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Here is a graph from Bloomberg showing data from Johns Hopkins...

and an excerpt from the daily report by Germany's Robert Koch institute. 

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/Gesamt.html

Cases up 4288 on Wednesday Tuesday it was up 3252 cases.  Three municipalities inSchleswig-Holstein, Thuringia, and North-Rhine Westphalia, reported increases past the threshold that would allow lifting of restrictions to be suspended.

That's from German media & 2 scientific institutions, but of course everything is "British media" bullshit isn't it?

Screenshot_20200513-150929~2.png

Screenshot_20200513-151417~2.png

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Still can't show me where German cases have gone up since the ease of the lockdown here? 

Apologies for being slow of the mark with this, for.me the lockdown has made no difference, in work everyday, so not really had the time during the day to go through everything and respond immediately.

Key work and all that!

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wtf is this?

An absolutely stunningly stupid and inaccurate remark.

Leaving aside all DA Barracus' valid points about the authorities' attempts to favour Newco by launching them into the highest possible level of our game; there's also the small matter of allowing Rangers to retain trophies won in a spell during which they deliberately Improperly registered dozens of players, in order to conceal wrongdoing.

Piss away off with your ignorant "any fair minded individual" crap.

6b5d88b6b7f95a25f6c3a1cf44841839.jpg

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think he's got an agenda as such.

I just think he very firmly picked a side early on here, and has backed himself into an unsightly corner.  He's often critical of our game's administrators and it's usually justified.  This time though, doing so meant allying himself with clubs who very clearly do have an agenda.  He's overlooked that aspect, wilfully it seems, and has become something of a buffoon on the matter.

It's a pity.  He really needs a new subject to arise, one on which he can speak something other than gullible, misguided nonsense.

I presume he will eventually just attempt to subtly dial it back to 'the SPFL board aren't very good and that's all I ever meant', despite that not exactly being scoop of the year.

The ease of the lockdown here begun properly on Monday here across the country. Still slightly different rules across all the states I believe but in general. Here's the graph of new cases: image.png.2113420de783c9cdc5fd885bc426aeec.pngAs you can see, there's a declining pattern on average and has been since near the end of March. Also bear in mind that from Monday although restaurants have been allowed to open, many haven't. If you look at all the other major European countries such as France, Spain and Italy, they all have a similar pattern of declining new cases since roughly the same time. 

Now go look at the UK and the USA...pretty much steady along the same period of time and certainly much higher than Germany. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I presume he will eventually just attempt to subtly dial it back to 'the SPFL board aren't very good and that's all I ever meant', despite that not exactly being scoop of the year.

That was his message in his closing comments yesterday, essentially "I'm sure the vast majority of Scottish football fans would agree that there are big problems with the governance of Scottish football" etc. Which is a sentence it's hard to disagree with, but is not what the vote and current debate has been specifically about. He gets away with so much by dint of the people around him on sportsound etc not being quick enough to pull up his bombast

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The ease of the lockdown here begun properly on Monday here across the country. Still slightly different rules across all the states I believe but in general. Here's the graph of new cases: image.png.2113420de783c9cdc5fd885bc426aeec.pngAs you can see, there's a declining pattern on average and has been since near the end of March. Also bear in mind that from Monday although restaurants have been allowed to open, many haven't. If you look at all the other major European countries such as France, Spain and Italy, they all have a similar pattern of declining new cases since roughly the same time. 

Now go look at the UK and the USA...pretty much steady along the same period of time and certainly much higher than Germany. 

As Scotland has had a distinct social and clinical response to that in England, any effective comparisons would use Scottish figures alone.

4 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

As Scotland has had a distinct social and clinical response to that in England, any effective comparisons would use Scottish figures alone.

My main argument is to do with so called rising German figures, when there is nothing of the sort.